Co Pilot Truck Sat Nav, best thing since sliced bread?

Only one week on having downloaded Co Pilot truck onto my ipad. Been using it daily all week and I am so impressed with it. the app was £129,00 to buy so kept thinking about it and trying to find reviews on it. In the end just bit the bullet and bought it. I can honestly say it is by far the best Sat nav I have ever used. Not a single problem all week. Re route is fast as lightening, traffic was bang on and re-routing spot on. Lane assist at all junctions is just amazing. Surely this app will be killing off the stand alone Sat /navs. Optomise route planning is an absolute dream, alternate routes as many as 3 auto generated. I would urge anyone who is thinking or looking to upgrade their current Sat Nav to Co Pilot. I use my ipad for watching TV, internet browsing and now my SatNav. Love it. Just makes the job easier.

I use it on my Iphone, only have to have 1 device with me. Agreed its great, can pre set it for different wagons which saves me loads of time. Got pre sets for my little urban trailer, standard tri axle and double deck trailers and the 26 tonner. Bring the Decker back from the hub, 1 touch to change setting and ready for multi drop on the urban :slight_smile: Traffic and ETA’s are pretty spot on too.

I also used it in car setting last week in Spain, Set up to avoid tolls and it got us around the malaga/marbella area and down to gibraltar with no issues. As its a full download it doesn’t need internet except for live traffic updates. Even works in flight mode on the plane, good to show where you are and how long left, t did shout at me for doing 520mph in a 50 zone though :laughing: :laughing:

Where do you put it and what kind of holder can hold an ipad or in my case a samsung tablet?

ROADRANGER:
Where do you put it and what kind of holder can hold an ipad or in my case a samsung tablet?

Try searching Amazon for “tablet holder”, there are loads of them.

ROADRANGER:

I use a RAM mount, purpose built for ipad and tablets, they cost £100 but fantastic piece of kit, would highly recommend the ram mount one.

ROADRANGER:

This is the one I use, ram-mount.co.uk/double-twis … -1820.html

Try brodit.co.uk they do holders to fit all devices

If I buy it is it available on all apple devices or just one

Uncleskid:

Or non fruit-based hipster slabs

Edit: Stopped being lazy and looked myself, this was the closest result but doesn’t look correct? play.google.com/store/apps/deta … .truck.gps

Uncleskid:

You can only use it on one at a time, you transfer the licence from your phone to ipad etc. So although you can have it on multiple devices you have purchased one licence

At the time I bought this it was 30 quid (one off lifetime payment) for the whole of Europe!

aponia.com/en/products/truck-navigation

Oh and you can use it on 5 separate concurrent devices.

Not used the Traffic (It’s Navtec) so cannot vouch/compare it to TT Traffic but that’s about 9 quid (for the UK) per year on top.

Reef:
At the time I bought this it was 30 quid (one off lifetime payment) for the whole of Europe!

aponia.com/en/products/truck-navigation

Oh and you can use it on 5 separate concurrent devices.

Not used the Traffic (It’s Navtec) so cannot vouch/compare it to TT Traffic but that’s about 9 quid (for the UK) per year on top.

Looking at this ap it looks pretty much like Co Pilot. Think Co Pilot may be a little more refined in a few areas but non the less it shows in my opinion good options and why the hell are we still buying stand alone Sat Navs at £400 which don’t do it any better.

Doesn’t that use a lot of your data?

Radar19:

No it works off line for navigation, no need for data other than for the traffic updates which uses next to nothing.

UKtramp:

Radar19:

No it works off line for navigation, no need for data other than for the traffic updates which uses next to nothing.

Yup, you can activate data for various additional services but I never do my data is always turned off, it just works in the exact same way as a standalone unit works, the maps are a one time download onto your device when you first buy it (apart from the occasional updates but just do them at home on your wi-fi) and it just uses the devices built in GPS to route you.

I believe you can set traffic update/refresh intervals to suit from 2 to 30 minutes and I believe it’s only a very low data transfer at that.

You can also try it for free (not traffic) if your curious.

Looking at this ap it looks pretty much like Co Pilot. Think Co Pilot may be a little more refined in a few areas but non the less it shows in my opinion good options and why the hell are we still buying stand alone Sat Navs at £400 which don’t do it any better.

I totally agree, £400 odd quid for a sat nav is criminal.
I downloaded the TomTom Go app to my 50 quid Lenovo Tablet and stumped up £15 to get the live traffic updates.
So in reality i have a 7" satnav with the latest maps and live traffic for £65. Not a truck nav but if you log onto the tomtom MyDrive routing software there is a truck setting where you can enter height, weight etc and send the route straight to your tablet.
I use my phone as a wireless hotspot but the app uses very little data.

I also run a Xgody truck nav (£40 odd quid from e-bay) to do the routing which abslutely blows the tomtom out the water with its ease of use and routing.
I bought a spare as they are that good but my original is still going strong after 18 months of daily use.
A lot of these Chinese navs dont seem to have the latest maps or the “FTR” files which are the Truck Restriction Files.
These can be obtained from the NaviTotal web page free of charge.
You need to do a bit of digging but they are all there.
The latest maps have just been released Q1 2017.
I realise its not quite the solution for everybody but if your a bit techy then well worth a look.

I am not a one for shouting about how great my things are compared to any one elses, but I am so impressed with Co Pilot truck that I think everyone who is either looking at buying a truck sat nav or upgrading their old one should seriously take a look at the other options available. I have tried and used everything from Tom tom to the Top of the range Garmin and I can honestly say Co Pilot truck sat nav ap beats them all hands down. It has been developed by truckers for truckers so that says a lot. I didn’t find many reviews on it other than in the states, the European version is just superb, it finds every post code you put in, also the re -route if you go wrong is near on instant. I could go on and on, I wished I had bought the ap before all my other sat navs that have died or just been near on useless at times. I whole heartedly say at £130 yes its an expensive ap but honestly well worth it. Obviously if you have to buy an ipad or tablet to run it on you have to factor that price in but even so I would rather spend the money on an ipad and sat nav ap than just end up with a silly 7" one trick pony of a stand alone overpriced sat nav.

I’ll have a go on the free trial and let you know what I think.
I’m always open to new things to try. :smiley:

Meduc:
I’ll have a go on the free trial and let you know what I think.
I’m always open to new things to try. :smiley:

Can almost guarantee you will not be dissapointed, I love it and it seriously beats my garmin dezl 770 lmt-d hands down.

I do have a first gen iPad knocking about but that only has wifi on it.