New Scania....

…Not so good then? Fuel mileage not great, plus they look like bin lorries :question:
Any similar findings as yet?
Few other probs as well :wink:

Fugly, fugly, fugly. Oh, they’re fugly too!

To be fair I’ve not even set foot in one so perhaps I’m being harsh and maybe they’re a fantastic tool, but that’s a bit like saying that the fat ugly lass has a great personality.

:laughing:

att:
…Not so good then? Fuel mileage not great, plus they look like bin lorries :question:

O dear, you will rot in a barrel of, wee, for even thinking that a big angry chicken is not the best truck since a steam sentinel

biggriffin:
:lol:

att:

O dear, you will rot in a barrel of, wee, for even thinking that a big angry chicken is not the best truck since a steam sentinel

We found a few hanging around in our garage looking dodgy this morning… :wink:

This one was the ringleader :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

Is that …

The hourly rate you get fer drivin’ it?

yourhavingalarf:

eagerbeaver:

Is that …

The hourly rate you get fer drivin’ it?

We manage to keep the wolf from the door mate… :wink:

I think they look alright they have a flat floor in them now I haven’t drove one yet but from what I’ve been told it’s like driving a car I would love to drive one but my company seems to be buying a lot of volvos don’t know if they will get anymore new Scania’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old place has one on test, my mate was driving it the last few nights. Its lovely to drive, handles like car. Drinks adblue like its going out of fashion though.

Ah that’s better !

Now I’m seeing a few the looks have grown on me. Like Volvo fh the paint job seems to realy matter on how good it looks.
Heard reports the new uprated opticruise has given a few problems though.
Meant to be a great drive though

Cheers for the ’ technical ’ assistance Raymundo :blush:

Radar19:
My old place has one on test, my mate was driving it the last few nights. Its lovely to drive, handles like car. Drinks adblue like its going out of fashion though.

Indeed, not good since the cost of adblue has gone through the roof…I think Scania have messed it up with this one…Driving like a car…Not a good thing either in my book.

We have an all Scania fleet and this new model has seen the end of that! In just 3 months. :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

biggriffin:
:lol:

att:

We found a few hanging around in our garage looking dodgy this morning… :wink:

What’s wrong with the dafs then.

They will probably have some of the newer DAFs on order for july lol…And eager will correct me if I am wrong but they ran a few makes

norb:
They will probably have some of the newer DAFs on order for july lol…And eager will correct me if I am wrong but they ran a few makes

You are indeed correct! Bulk of the fleet are Merc’s (Actros). Got around a dozen Scania V8 520’s fully spec’d with leather, microwaves, fridge, coffee maker. Got a handful of DAF 106’s, one MAN Centenary 560 TGX XXL, and we now have a load of the new Scania S500’s and one S730. Did have a Volvo FH750 up to a few weeks ago.

When I started class 1 driving (1999) I was lead to believe the Scania was the Rolls Royce of the HGV world, how wrong was that statement?!!

I decided against a HGV career and did something else for 15 years but in 2014 I returned to HGV driving. That was when I drove my first Scania, a 2013 Scania R580. It was without doubt the biggest disappointment of my driving career. I expected a hell of a lot more.

When the latest model Scania was launched I thought is was ugly. In plain livery I still think it’s ugly but when tarted up and done in corporate decals they look the absolute bollox.

I still truly believe that Scania are the Audi of the truck world; Driven / purchased by folk who think they are something they’re not.

I currently drive a 65 plate Volvo FH13 500 and it is definitely the best truck I’ve ever had. I’d love to drive one of the new Scanias though.

Scania are about to lose their appeal, they cannot sell the 420s(used) and are cutting them up, so resales are about to plummet. :wink: 440s have always been avoided used, so it will knock the 450`s value, so they are not the investment they once were…

Saw one at Warminster services today all blinged up with twin stacks and spray art of a John Deere tractor on the back of the cab and I thought it looked pretty tidy, considering I only really like discreet bars and lights if any bling at all.

Looks like a DAF with down syndrome. God knows what their styling department were thinking. How could they get the grille so wrong :astonished: