Who goes tramping without a coat

Got to my collection and started to pull my curtains and a driver commes up and says can I ask a big favour of you , they’ve told me you can only go on site ( load/ strap ) if you’ve a long sleeve coat , jumper etc ) , I’ve nothing so have you something I can borrow , so I lent him my coat ( they use lime etc so it is one of there rules you have to cover up your arms .
I just can’t believe you go tramping for the week without a jacket / coat of some description , I know you don’t need one with the weather as it is this week , but surely you just chuck one in incase
I’m now sat loaded but unable to strap up until he gets loaded and brings my coat back and then I guess I’ve got to wait for him to strap up as hell need the coat for that
Not the end of the world , but I just can’t get my head round not taking a coat while away for week :confused:

I agree, but why haven’t you got a jumper? I carry one for exactly the situation you’re in. I wouldn’t wear a jacket if it’s 74 degrees outside

OVLOV JAY:
I agree, but why haven’t you got a jumper? I carry one for exactly the situation you’re in. I wouldn’t wear a jacket if it’s 74 degrees outside

yea it’s bloody hot I must admit , I’m going too order some long sleeve high viz polo shirts , I’ve no jumpers , I just wear t- shirts / hoodie at home , mind a old hoodie would be better than my coat

Dozy talking sense !
What’s going on ■■?
Think I’ve had too much sun !

If I tramped I’d certainly have a coat with me along with a pair of overalls just in case they were needed. In fact I’d probably have a going out coat for that walk to the pub/takeaway.

I carry a pair of gators,for hot weather…must wear sleeves,type shenanigans.
Kindly donated by the lads at trostre steel works

Maybe the poor guy was not very well off, maybe he can’t afford stuff, maybe every penny he earns goes to supporting his family and he goes without for their sakes ?
I have had many times during my life on the road where I could not afford things, he could have forgotten to bring a coat with him also. Some weeks in the past I have struggled to stay out all week having made sure my family are fed and cared for.

I personally carry everything I need for my time in the truck, all year round I can lift the bunk and fine insulated clothing and everything required to wear in my work but the stuff took years to collect, I have an advantage in that the cab of my truck is huge compared to those you have in the UK so I have so much in the way of storage compartments, if the guy had a small cab and it was going to be a hot week (even I listen to British radio here and I know you are in a heat wave) he may leave cold weather stuff at home.

I’ve you ever thought he could have had to take a different truck and simply forgot about a coat I think dozy is ill as he’s not moaning

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it was a works coat of a cheap one I would have said you can keep it

Is the Dozy clothes show. First sizing, then dressing for occasions.

Dozy’s just trying to sound all sensible and superior now after the TC decided even they couldn’t deal with him and got Downing Street or the Queen, whoever it was to write him a naughty boy letter.

“Do it again and we’ll kick you out the country, or send you to Stoke. Either way you’ll be praying for a red hot pocker up the arse. Take your pick”

(Poker is deliberately mis-spelt as that’s how it was. There was that Dozy thread on it. Everyone was saying the Queen didn’t know her spellings. This is exactly how the letter went, I remember it)

Cheers for the coat offer but I will leave it this week

My side locker is for my PPE…so a big coat, big boots, big gloves, and a pair of overalls…otherwise i wear normal shoes and a hi viz unless told otherwise…but i can agree that this weather can play havoc when wearing the big coat etc.

Pat Hasler:
Maybe the poor guy was not very well off, maybe he can’t afford stuff, maybe every penny he earns goes to buying bling for his bosses truck and he goes without for their sakes.

FTFY

dozy:
Got to my collection and started to pull my curtains and a driver commes up and says can I ask a big favour of you , they’ve told me you can only go on site ( load/ strap ) if you’ve a long sleeve coat , jumper etc ) , I’ve nothing so have you something I can borrow , so I lent him my coat ( they use lime etc so it is one of there rules you have to cover up your arms .
I just can’t believe you go tramping for the week without a jacket / coat of some description , I know you don’t need one with the weather as it is this week , but surely you just chuck one in incase
I’m now sat loaded but unable to strap up until he gets loaded and brings my coat back and then I guess I’ve got to wait for him to strap up as hell need the coat for that
Not the end of the world , but I just can’t get my head round not taking a coat while away for week :confused:

I only take my thong and fishnets when I tramp.

Did he specifically say he was a tramper because you haven’t clarified that (just sounds to me like you’ve assumed it)

He may be a day driver and because of this nice weather spell decided to forgo his big bulky hi viz coat…

Whose coat is that jacket?

Yea he was a tramper , nice kid to be honest but I just struggled to get my head around not carrying a coat , unluckily when he went in they went on there break , then he had to get to Swindon then back to Newport so I let him get strapped up first so by the time I git back I’d lost 1 1/2 hrs , but ok as still early .
But never got involved with the ins/ outs of why he never had a coat , maybe he is poor , forgot it , but he couldnt be more thankful ,
Anyway weekends here so enjoy yourself and I’ll be back moaning thurs :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

I don’t take a coat this time of year. I use a long sleeve hi viz when required but have no reason to take a coat

I don’t bother with a coat very often although I do have a pair of overalls if needed.

Reminds me of an occasion when I arrived at a loading point to be told I needed hi viz trousers! Needless to say I didn’t have any. So I had to wear those provided… About 3 sizes too small! So I pulled them up as far as they would go and made sure my arse was hanging out and loaded right in front of the office windows :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: