Dray work

Looks like I’m going to enter into the dray scene anyone out there with any info or tips. I know it’s graft but looking for details like weights, shifts ect will be going on class 2 (been a while since I drove a rigid)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done it for Matthew Clark out of Shefford.
Interesting work, very hard going and some pubs can be difficult to get to. Could be a lot of walking involved due to parking restrictions.
Bit of hard work is good for you, I lasted a few weeks doing it on the agency.

Lol this is dhl tradeteam. Still pondering on it. Don’t mind the work just not sure if the money will be enough

Ain bad work , like all others, you get good ones bad wons the goodens sort you with a pint the bad one talk to you like a james hunt, used to do it in city london , ain a bad gig . Start early finnish early . Plus your mate dose most of the grapth your on the back sorting the drink and they run it, but it takes 2 to be a team look after each other and u be fine good luck

Why don’t you show them your P60? :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
Why don’t you show them your P60?

lol behave
I know it’s less. For a start it’s class 2. But not sure if there are ways of earning extra

Kirkby?

eagerbeaver:
Kirkby?

Well it’s says skelmersdale but it’s on Knowsley industrial estate

pickandmix:

eagerbeaver:
Kirkby?

Yep. I’ve delivered in there.
Dreadful place. Full of shell suit wearers :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

pickandmix:

eagerbeaver:
Kirkby?

Yep. I’ve delivered in there.
Dreadful place. Full of shell suit wearers :grimacing:

like this you mean

Type into Google ’ Tradeteam employee reviews(indeed,co.uk) ’ and check out the Knowsley HGV driver review 10/2/17 :open_mouth: :frowning:

eagerbeaver:
Type into Google ’ Tradeteam employee reviews(indeed,co.uk) ’ and check out the Knowsley HGV driver review 10/2/17 :open_mouth: :frowning:

seen it. Not fair to judge on 1 review

I did some Mathew Clarke work around Aberdeen.There was a lot of bum clenching,I said a few times we will never get the lorry up that lane but thats where the pub was so up it had to go.I was with an agency just did one week ,quite enjoyed it really.

Quality job to be honest, bit like it’s been said work together as a team with your cellar monkey, I did it for 7 yrs in total and only moved on when the company was bought out so I took my voluntery money and got my adr 11yrs ago.

Shifts was 0530-0600 start and average around 11 hrs after breaks and hand balled around 15-20 tonnes a day into some right grot holes and also some nice easy flat drops with a cheeky pint at the end.
Mostly just took a bottle away to be honest then end of the week you’d have a good selection of free ale’s

Personally. If your youngish and don’t mind hard graft then crack on you’ll love it

Dray work is great. Hard graft, very hands on, but in return you get to enjoy a pint after, and take few bottles home later.

Ahh. I did dray work 28 years ago, in the Netherlands. . You mentioned DHL…
H&S won’t let you touch a barrel. The office want you to deliver 500 barrels before lunch.

eagerbeaver:

This one amused me

One of the hardest jobs in the trucking industry and the lowest paid out of the other dray businesses. You get a run sheet for the next days shift which you mark up to let loaders know what side to put the call you have a start time & a finish time but this means nothing as you can have calls added to your load which sometimes you may not know till the next day when you come in so don’t make promises to your kids as your likely to break the promise due to fake times you’re finishing at… you work long hours mostly & if you go over your hours 8/10 that’s tough, you won’t get paid! i would only consider working for Tradeteam if I had just passed my hgv test & no one else would take me on! Most drivers are on warnings I think they like to keep the drivers on there toes! Recently drivers that have been there 20years have left because the job has gone disgusting!

malcolmgbell:
the goodens sort you with a pint

When employed doing a driving job driving a truck weighing 30 odd tonnes…

The stupid in this job is unbelievable.

Conor:

malcolmgbell:
the goodens sort you with a pint

When employed doing a driving job driving a truck weighing 30 odd tonnes…

The stupid in this job is unbelievable.

quite happy to have a pint… of coke

When I did it about 3yrs ago most gave you pints of coke whilst you were there and a packet of crisps. Plenty gave you a bottle of beer for after work :wink:

Did it years ago…so dont forget to feed and water the horses…and never drop a keg on your foot…it bloody hurts, and could put you off work for a while. :smiley: :smiley: