B&q h&s

I turned up today at there Lincoln store , after 1/2 hr chap walked up and said we want you in the store car park ( tip ) me , I guess as there was a fair few trucks waiting to go into yard , so tells me too go down bottom of car park and park next to fence , so did this and eventually they pulled me into a temporary fenced off area , so pulls curtains ,straps and starts too put things away , forkies says due to h&s you must wait in your cab until tipped , fair enough .
So gets tipped and one of the truck drivers says your going too have to drive out through car park , it’s tight with cars everywhere , you might be best to try and turn just after black burger van , there’s a parking space crossed hatched off for vans , if there’s no van it will give you a bit more too turn .
It just beggars belief you can’t put your kit away while the forkies tipping you as it’s unsafe , but it’s fine to send a 40 ft artic through the middle of a busy store car park with shoppers who seem totally oblivious to what’s comming there way :unamused:

Welcome to the mad world of health and safety ■■■■■■■■

Dozy
I know what you mean about public car parks,enough of our shops are tip either in the car park then get yourself out somehow,or if its like the Rock in Birkenhead rip round the back but have to drive thro the public car park to get out,Cherry Tree Blackpool and Colne retail are the same.
Cherry tree Blackpool on a Saturday afternoon is a lottery if you get out or not,past asda front door then right at the end skim cars posts and the tree gets it or its a stuck job not funny.

I remember when they started that tradepoint thing they have, it was normally in a cordoned off bit of their car park. Deliveries had to go in through the car park too. Thought they would have sorted that out by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its merely a corporate box ticking exercise Dozy. They want no come backs on them whilst they are actually interacting with you, once that’s over they don’t give a gnats chuff if you destroy £100k worth of cars on the way out 'cos that’s yours and your companies problem then, not theirs.

the nodding donkey:

about time too… :smiley:

We deliver to B&Q loads and it would speed things up a lot if I was allowed to start strapping up and doing up the curtains one side while the forkie is tipping the other. But no, got to wait in cab.

Oh well, there rules, i won’t rush strapping up after he finished then with a growing queue of wagons outside.

we tip tarmac into b&q’s mainly in central London. These are mainly through carparks too loads of room stop moaning lol

On first glance this read as BBQ H&S posted by Dozy. A big disappointment

B & Q Talke has to be one of the worst stores to deliver to. Yard on what feels like a hillside, slopes all ways, front to back, left to right, tip on what is essentially the car park, the public milling about like its a holiday camp and driving the wrong way on the clearly arrowed one way sytem around the car park, staff not allowed to back you out onto the public highway and if you have trolleys on you have to drive in due to the slope when tipping. The yard like most stores is crammed with all the stuff they dont have room for in the store, and really isnt designed for safe tipping procedures. Trolleys of plants have been known to run down the yard out of control and only stop when they hit something…Great H&S!

Rowley010:
We deliver to B&Q loads and it would speed things up a lot if I was allowed to start strapping up and doing up the curtains one side while the forkie is tipping the other. But no, got to wait in cab.

Oh well, there rules, i won’t rush strapping up after he finished then with a growing queue of wagons outside.

Second that, I always manage to take 3 or 4 times as long strapping up, doing curtains or whatever if places are fannies with H&S.

Let me crack on and do my job and all will be well. Slow me down, I’ll slow you down. If that’s even possible with the pace some of those helmets go at…

A.

Adonis.:

Rowley010:

Second that, I always manage to take 3 or 4 times as long strapping up, doing curtains or whatever if places are fannies with H&S.

Let me crack on and do my job and all will be well. Slow me down, I’ll slow you down. If that’s even possible with the pace some of those helmets go at…

A.

I do get where they are coming from when saying you can’t be working one side with the forkie working on the other. For example if he makes a mistake he could push a load onto you and crush you in a worst case scenario. So guess what, when I’m anywhere and working on one side while forkie is on the other, if they are putting the forks into a pallet directly opposite to where I’m working I use my common sense and step out of the way until I can see he’s safely lifted it and away from the truck and then I carry on working. But because some can’t use common sense then want to claim when it goes wrong, these companies have to treat everyone the same, i.e. Not able to use common sense or carry out their own risk assessment and there make us all wait in the cab.