5 dead in M6 crash

Sorry, just heard this on the news. :open_mouth:

Anyone got a link please? Seems to have been between j14 and 15 Stoke. Lorry involved :frowning:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40026153

Wildy:
Five die as car and lorry crash on M6 in Staffordshire - BBC News

Thanks mate.

This is southbound between J15 - J14, from the police the road is likely to be closed for several hours for accident investigation

Past it this morning itā€™s just after the exit slip from Keele services all the boards were up so couldnā€™t see much apart from what looked like a truck from the Irish firm that have orange trucks pulling the White fridge trailers donā€™t know their name but itā€™s in black writing. That was behind the boards and at the front of the scene. There was also a Mercades artic on the hard shoulder just outside the crash scene with what looked like slight damage to the front bottom section around the bumper and grill. RIP to those who have died :neutral_face:

It wasnā€™t near Keele it was a couple of miles before jct14 southbound.
Apparently there were 6 people in the car (even though it was about the size of a Mondeo) one survived but is in a critical condition in hospital, he was taken away just as I got there, the ambulance reposed me going northbound so I assume heā€™s been taken to Stoke. There was a sheet over the car so assume the other occupants were still in there.
All stranded traffic on the southbound side has been turned round and exited at jct15.

This is shaping up to be one ugly week this week. :frowning:

Getting stuck M25 J29-28 this morning, pales into insignificance of course.

Thereā€™s always someone out there worse off than we are.

RIP.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Past it this morning itā€™s just after the exit slip from Keele services all the boards were up so couldnā€™t see much apart from what looked like a truck from the Irish firm that have orange trucks pulling the White fridge trailers donā€™t know their name but itā€™s in black writing. That was behind the boards and at the front of the scene. There was also a Mercades artic on the hard shoulder just outside the crash scene with what looked like slight damage to the front bottom section around the bumper and grill. RIP to those who have died :neutral_face:

ā€¦carna transport possiblyā€¦ā– ā– ?

manfreight by the looks of it

What a dreadful weekā€¦

My condolences to all involved.

I think thatā€™s a Manfreight.

Manfreight isnā€™t it?

The car was a Nissan Micra according to Sky News.

6 people in a Micra, not really big enough for 4 ā€¦ Condolences to the families of the deceased.

Just announced that the lorry driver has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. I wouldnā€™t initially read too much into that though as it seems to be the common thing to do. Perhaps he has been arrested as they deemed him to be a flight risk? If you get my drift.

6 adults in a vehicle thatā€™s constructed to carry a max 5 :open_mouth: there has to be blame from the car driver somewhere.

nick2008:
6 adults in a vehicle thatā€™s constructed to carry a max 5 :open_mouth: there has to be blame from the car driver somewhere.

Clearly at least one of them didnā€™t have a seat belt on.

Is the ā€œClarkeā€ involved as well ?, or was he just in the wrong place when all this happened behind him ?

The Micro looks to have been stationary in the middle lane when it was hit, lets hope the Manfreight had a camera on boardā€¦

RIPā€¦

4 women and 1 fella.

Sad news, I only hope they werenā€™t all from the same family. RIP to all.

A 60-year-old lorry driver has been arrested after five people died in a crash between a car and a HGV on the M6 near Stoke.

Four females and a male, all believed to be adults, died in the car - a Nissan Micra.

A sixth person is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

The accident happened on the southbound carriageway, between junctions 15 and 14 at around 4.30am.

The male lorry driver, from the West Midlands, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

I am not guessing the reason it happened, but 6 people in a Nissan Micra, thats also dangerous imo.

So sad for the loss of life, Rest in peace