Any one explain last bit

Dear sir
Large goods vechicle ( lgv ) and passenger carrying vechicle ( pcv ) driver licensing

The secatary of state :open_mouth: :open_mouth: is aware that the following false record has been recorded against you , and he has referred the matter to the traffic commissioner to review your conduct and determine whether you are fit to continue to hold a lgv driving entitlement
Date 19/5/16
Dvsa - stopped by Te
Offence- tacho offence
Penalty - cautioned
The traffic commissioner has decided , after careful consideration , that you do continue to be a fit person to hold lgv vechicle driving entitlement , however the traffic commissioner wishes to remind you that the standards expected of vocational drivers are much higher than those of other drivers and if any endorsements or offences are recorded against you it could result in them taking disciplinary action against your lgv entitlement , this could include the revocation ( taking away ) of your lgv driving entitlement and disqualifying you from holding the entitlement , if you wish to contest this decision you may appeal to your local magistrates court , any appeal must be lodged within 6 months from the date from which you were notified and you must also give prior notice of your intention to appeal to the secatary of state and the traffic commissioner who made the decision . This letter does not in any way affect your ordinary driving license ( eg your entitlement to drive a car or motorbike ) which you may apply to dvla , Swansea , if you have not already done so , but this will not give you authority to drive lgv vehicles until that additional entitlement is granted , you can get the application form at post office branches that offer driver or vechicle services or you can order them at www. Gov .uk / dvla forms
Yours faithfully
Mrs Lesley Jamison
For and on behalf of the secatary of state
I read this as there saying Iā€™ve recieved a caution for my conduct from traffic commissioner :question: , but then the last sentence says , but this will not give you authority to drive lgv vechicles until the additional entitlement is granted :confused: What entitlement , are they saying Iā€™ve got too reaply for my license , retake test , or is it just the way that bits worded .
I was hoping this ( caution ) was the end of things , but is it , ta

dozy:

The caution is the end of things, the rest is just gobbledygook that would only affect you if your HGV entitlement had been taken away.

It reads like it was written by a school girl/boy on the first day of work experience training :unamused:

The gift that keeps on givingā€¦

tachograph:

dozy:

The caution is the end of things, the rest is just gobbledygook that would only affect you if your HGV entitlement had been taken away.

It reads like it was written by a school girl/boy on the first day of work experience training :unamused:

That is because dozy has copied the letter and made an arse of it

it means if your caught for anything naughty again (even in your car) then your lgv licence will probably be revoked far a period of time. lucky boy too get a caution as they normally have you in and have the lgv licence off you for a few months

Steve-o:

tachograph:

dozy:

Or couldnt quite possibly think of another troll so came up with this one!

tachograph:

dozy:

Ta , tacho , thought it was just a caution but last bit threw me a bit , ta

Steve-o:

tachograph:

dozy:

No thatā€™s exactly as itā€™s written

Tuckert92:

Steve-o:

tachograph:

dozy:

Or couldnt quite possibly think of another troll so came up with this one!

well if itā€™s trolling then there should refund the Ā£766 fine I paid at Carlisle magistrates court shouldnā€™t they

scotstrucker:
it means if your caught for anything naughty again (even in your car) then your lgv licence will probably be revoked far a period of time. lucky boy too get a caution as they normally have you in and have the lgv licence off you for a few months

Yes I was expecting a months suspension ( 1 offence ) , but as you say I have too be carefull in future

Ā£766.00 ā– ā–  that seems a weird amount for a fine ā€¦

Love the way they think they need to define the word revocation. :unamused:
They obviously subscribe to the general opinion that if you drive a truck for a living, you must be academically thick as pig ā– ā– ā– ā– . :smiling_imp:

robroy:
They obviously subscribe to the general opinion that if you drive a truck for a living, you must be academically thick as pig [zb]. :smiling_imp:

Na, they knew they were writing to Dozy, :smiley:

raymundo:

He did explain the breakdown of this, it includes costs and ā€œvictim surchargeā€ as well as his fine.

That letter seems to be a template where they just change the name and decision, everything else is left as is.

And if I were you Dozy, Iā€™d buy a lottery ticket for tonight. Just give it to your Mrs for safe keeping though!

just write a letter back asking if they can revoke your lgv liscence from say 1700 Friday till 0730 Monday every week no more drama about nights out on a Friday :smiley: :smiley:

raymundo:

It was a weeks wages ( I put down Ā£500 ) less 1/3 for admitting guilt straight (Ā£350) + Ā£30
( which from my understanding was victim surcharge ) + procecuting solicitor wanted Ā£500 ( but judge said heā€™s not having that ) and said it was Ā£766 and how did I intend too pay it

robroy:
They obviously subscribe to the general opinion that if you drive a truck for a living, you must be academically thick as pig [zb]. :smiling_imp:

Must admit rob my eyes were taken by secatary of state , i was under the impression DVsa would inform traffic commissioner , why they need too involve a secatary of state in a HGv driver removing his card , seems well ott

Captain Caveman 76:

raymundo:

He did explain the breakdown of this, it includes costs and ā€œvictim surchargeā€ as well as his fine.

That letter seems to be a template where they just change the name and decision, everything else is left as is.

And if I were you Dozy, Iā€™d buy a lottery ticket for tonight. Just give it to your Mrs for safe keeping though!

Yes I must admit all indications were a 4 week suspension ( 4 weeks per charge ) so Iā€™m happy enough with a caution , think procecuting solicitor for DVsa did say too judges , I charge , nothing previous , subsequent , just trying too get parked up , gained nothing finically , made phone calls / texts various times with no action taken by company planner , so I think that helped me , but yea Iā€™m happy now tacho has said its just a caution , I wasnā€™t sure if I may have too retake test reading last bit

I really donā€™t understand how one man can have so many problems.

The guy is a Liabilty.
How long before he posts up he has killed someone.

We all make mistakes but holy Jesus.

raymundo:

Iā€™m slightly wrong
Date 1 March 2017
1/ knowingly make a false relevant record / entry kept for the purposes of the community recording equipment regulations
Fine - Ā£333
Victim sur - Ā£33
Costs - Ā£410
Total Ā£766
You must pay the total amount on or before 8 March 2017
I thought it was Ā£766, but actually Ā£776