M40 fatality

google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co … p/40011257

I passed this on my way down south. 2 car collision one alongside the central barrier and it looks like all traffic must have tried to void by stopping. Then further up 3 trucks locked up with the rear one tail gating and getting squashed. Rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP to the poor driver, at that time of day you’d think you’ll be safer.

Horrible mate I’ve thought about it all day it makes you think. Someone’s dad brother cousin and all the rest he got up to go earn his bread and never made it home.

Williams9881:
Horrible mate I’ve thought about it all day it makes you think. Someone’s dad brother cousin and all the rest he got up to go earn his bread and never made it home.

Lots of people die every day.

The change of the driver having had a ‘medical issue’ at the exact same time as the traffic in front of him coming to a rapid stop, is very small. My money is on tail gating, on the limiter and cruise control. Might have been relieving nightly boredom on his phone…

^ A coroner wouldn’t be saying that - so neither should we.

It’s ‘another one gone’ and let’s leave it at that. :frowning:

RIP Driver.

Looks horrendous R.I.P driver thoughts with family.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

Williams9881:

Lots of people die every day.

The change of the driver having had a ‘medical issue’ at the exact same time as the traffic in front of him coming to a rapid stop, is very small. My money is on tail gating, on the limiter and cruise control. Might have been relieving nightly boredom on his phone…

Regardless of the reasons, someone isn’t going home after their shift.

RIP drive.

Had the job of towing that in ,not good R.I.P.

Winseer:

RIP Driver.

What has the coroner’s way of speaking got to do with my opinion?

Because opinion or not - it’s inappropriate to speak ill of the dead. That’s not what Coroners do, and neither should we. Not opinion - just etiquette.

Winseer:
Because opinion or not - it’s inappropriate to speak ill of the dead. That’s not what Coroners do, and neither should we. Not opinion - just etiquette.

Yet nobody had trouble doing just that when it came to Jimmy Saville.

• Conor:

Winseer:

Can’t believe you have come out with that comment. Jimmy Saville was a dirty ■■■■■ who ■■■■■■■■ assaulted many young girls using his position as a famous TV personality to get away with it. I hope the evil old ■■■■■■■ died a slow painful death.

Conor:

Winseer:

I wasn’t one of them. If I didn’t know enough to criticize whilst a subject is still alive - then I don’t actually start after they are dead.
As far as I’m concerned, Saville died an unconvicted man, and so his judgement passes to the almighty - and has nothing further to do with us.
We should be concerned with stopping perceived future attacks of that nature rather than slopping over so-called “historic” allegations.

That means stop looking at people like Saville, Harris, and Hall - and Strongly Scrutinize Dolphin Square, Children’s homes, The Catholic Church, and the Sports Coaching industry - not “of the past” but of RIGHT NOW. :imp:

Winseer:

Conor:

Winseer:

I wasn’t one of them. If I didn’t know enough to criticize whilst a subject is still alive - then I don’t actually start after they are dead.
As far as I’m concerned, Saville died an unconvicted man, and so his judgement passes to the almighty - and has nothing further to do with us.
We should be concerned with stopping perceived future attacks of that nature rather than slopping over so-called “historic” allegations.

That means stop looking at people like Saville, Harris, and Hall - and Strongly Scrutinize Dolphin Square, Children’s homes, The Catholic Church, and the Sports Coaching industry - not “of the past” but of RIGHT NOW. :imp:

I politely, and without wishing to rattle your cage, disagree.

We learn valuable lessons from history. And allowing ‘historic’ offences to simply pass quietly into that good night simply allows the persistance of the conditions in which those offences took place.

the nodding donkey:

I took the M1 that day because of the closure of the M40 and I saw a lot of trucks being driven by idiots and tailgating each other and cars through the Northants roadworks area. Turned off onto the M45 to get away from it (heading for Palletline near Birmingham Airport – all the lights and roundabouts on the A45 take away the advantage of shorter distance).

Winseer:

RIP Driver.

A coronor has to establish why a driver died in an accident, it’s how who or what is at fault is established, which has to be done in every road death, if the driver himself is at fault he has to say so, because if it was anybody elses fault it would be then open to make a claim against the guilty party.