Educating Pork....

My elderly father received his car driving licence renewal recently.
As he now lives in a care home and cannot even stand up or feed himself let alone drive a car I returned all the papers and enclosed a brief note explaining the situation.
The DVLA have sent all the stuff back to me saying they cannot accept his application to not want to renew his licence because he hasn’t signed it. Whatever next? :unamused:

The thing is anyone could send the papers back saying they don’t want renewal papers in future, by asking for a signature they can be reasonably sure it’s a genuine request by your father not to receive renewal forms in the future.

tachograph:
The thing is anyone could send the papers back saying they don’t want renewal papers in future, by asking for a signature they can be reasonably sure it’s a genuine request by your father not to receive renewal forms in the future.

Think you’re trying to educa…

nvm.

Usually people of that level of erm… not being able to do everyday things, have someone pre-authorised to take care of bills and legal correspondence.

parkus:
Usually people of that level of erm… not being able to do everyday things, have someone pre-authorised to take care of bills and legal correspondence.

That would be myself (as appointee) for certain things like dealings with the DWP etc.
I organised him a postal vote for last year’s Brexit election and he did manage to sign the form but his vote was not allowed because his signature was not the same as the sample one they got some time back.
Doubtless it will be similar with the DVLA wanting a signature (dad can’t even hold a fork now)
so we will just ignore it and it will go away.