Parking around Dundee

I’ve got a drop there on Monday morning, would let to know where the best places are to park as I’ve never been. Running up tomorrow.

PM sent.
A.

There is a truck stop in Gourdie Ind Est. Smeaton Rd I think it’s on. Absolutely no idea if it’s any good or not though. Never been in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably your best bet would be the Horse Shoe Cafe, it’s a few miles before Dundee on the A90. (PH14 9RS)
You need to take the Inchure junction signed well before the cafe then run parallel to the A90 for a few hundred yards.
Food in here is really good and I’m sure it’s open on Sunday’s.

damoq:
There is a truck stop in Gourdie Ind Est. Smeaton Rd I think it’s on. Absolutely no idea if it’s any good or not though. Never been in it.

Only been in here once years ago and vowed never to go back.
Might have improved now but i don’t really want to take the chance.

alfa man:
Probably your best bet would be the Horse Shoe Cafe, it’s a few miles before Dundee on the A90. (PH14 9RS)
You need to take the Inchure junction signed well before the cafe then run parallel to the A90 for a few hundred yards.

i used to use this one. Spot on. :grimacing:

alfa man:

Sounds good!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran … tland.html

Park down by harbour, go in over level crossing past tyre place.
Park down there on road side.
Cross the road and you are in town centre, numerous pubs, restaurants cafes and cinema etc.

I think our man could park near the Sensations place just across the railway from Tesco.I park a coach there when in Dundee.

You can park on indust estate that runs along side a90 its the one next to the big tesco on right if going north. No probs good tv picture and tescos and food nearby plus open 24/7 up there even on sunday

How much is that Horseshoe cafe place to park?

EDIT

Bugger, they close at 2pm on a sunday.

alfa man:

damoq:

Only been in here once years ago and vowed never to go back.
Might have improved now but i don’t really want to take the chance.

I called for breakfast,a few months ago.
Food was right enough.

anders66:
You can park on indust estate that runs along side a90 its the one next to the big tesco on right if going north. No probs good tv picture and tescos and food nearby plus open 24/7 up there even on sunday

Hi folks. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but heading to Dundee myself next week and wondering if this is still an option to park at. Passed it a few times during the day, looks ideal.
Many Thanks.

As far as I know it’s still ok mate, there are one or two side roads on there.
I still prefer the harbour park though. :neutral_face:

Ok thanks robroy. I’d read your post regarding the harbour spot, but having had a look on google maps I thought it may have been fenced off. Looks like a decent spot so hopefully I should have enough time to check it out. Thanks again.

Gremlinc82:
Ok thanks robroy. I’d read your post regarding the harbour spot, but having had a look on google maps I thought it may have been fenced off. Looks like a decent spot so hopefully I should have enough time to check it out. Thanks again.

If you go take the turn in over level crossing next to tyre place, just park anywhere down there.
Last time I was there was a yr ago…so hoping you still can park :blush: …check first mate.

Just of kingsway either up by tesco ind est across here then walk over or heading south roundabout at bottom asda on your right there is ind est on left but can get busy here depending on time.

Thanks for the info. Hope to be there around 17.30, hopefully I’ll find a space. Last time I was up that way I parked out towards Arbroath, opposite a Dobbies garden centre. I see that’s been fenced off now.

anders66:

Ya vohl…was just about to reply when I red this post.

radar, gremlin

The horseshoe cafe is free to park but you need to be early . only room for 7 or 8 trucks.

The level crossing access to docks is now closed.
you need to drive past crossing for about 1.5 miles until roundabout and take 5th exit. follow signs for cruise traffic and enter the docks where you see the jack up rigs parked