Smoking

How many ex-smokers we got on here?

Attempting to quit at the moment as I want to get on tanks in the future. Also the prices are getting stupid spending £200+ month on cigarettes.
Did you guys struggle to quit smoking while driving? gone from 20 a day to 0.
I also might be getting a job that will be cab sharing and I’d rather not ■■■■ the other guy off.

Is it really a big deal to smoke in the cab? The smell doesnt bother me but I’ve heard non-smokers get arsey about it. Also do e-cigs leave much of a smell? I’m using that to quit.

I quit with an ecig…no problem at all.

Up until about this time last year I was a very heavy smoker and spending sometimes nigh on £20 a day on ■■■■, was at my sons and he gave me an Ecig to try and have not had a cigarette since. To be honest I do tend to use it a wee bit too much and the vapour gives me sore eyes and If I’m not burping I am ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

raymundo:
Up until about this time last year I was a very heavy smoker and spending sometimes nigh on £20 a day on ■■■■, was at my sons and he gave me an Ecig to try and have not had a cigarette since. To be honest I do tend to use it a wee bit too much and the vapour gives me sore eyes and If I’m not burping I am ■■■■■■■ :laughing:

Is the ■■■■■ smell fruit, sweets or still farmyard?

Gave up 12 months ago using a vape. Now I am that guy who moans if agency smoke in my cab [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used to smoke but stopped and started several times, it isn’t easy. I tried ecig and still use it now (no more smoking 3 years+). I feel better, no cough, breathlessness or stale smells. The long term effects have yet to be proven but on a personal note I’m glad I changed - and far far cheaper. £5 per day compared to £5 per month.

As above, I went from 20 a day down to 0 using a vape kit.

Initial setup cost is £60 or so for a good kit but once set up I send £15 a week on liquid.

Wouldn’t look back now after 3 years.

The misses still smokes (only 3 or 4 a day) and I can’t stand the smell of it on her.

adam277:
How many ex-smokers we got on here?

Attempting to quit at the moment as I want to get on tanks in the future. Also the prices are getting stupid spending £200+ month on cigarettes.
Did you guys struggle to quit smoking while driving? gone from 20 a day to 0.
I also might be getting a job that will be cab sharing and I’d rather not ■■■■ the other guy off.

Is it really a big deal to smoke in the cab? The smell doesnt bother me but I’ve heard non-smokers get arsey about it. Also do e-cigs leave much of a smell? I’m using that to quit.

Smoking in the cab or the smell may not bother you,but for someone who does not smoke or has packed it in it does.
I packed up pipe and occasional ciggy smoking 14 years ago when I ran out of baccy and matches at the same time and now the smell of smoke is nauseating
Its when you pack up you realise how much you honked to others of stale smoke, the smell gets on your clothes on your hands,stains all over the cab/car interior,my wife could tell a smoker had used my regular motor just by the smell on me.
Where I worked before retiring they stuck to the law of NO smoking in any Company vehicle be it car or wagon, if you had a need to smoke you smoked away from the vehicle and not standing with the door open.Failure to comply was disciplinary.

BradCarTransporter:
As above, I went from 20 a day down to 0 using a vape kit.

Initial setup cost is £60 or so for a good kit but once set up I send £15 a week on liquid.

Wouldn’t look back now after 3 years.

The misses still smokes (only 3 or 4 a day) and I can’t stand the smell of it on her.

I buy the cheap Ecigs from B&M for about 6 or 7 quid and their 98p tobacco liquid that’s made in China and get through about 3 each week !

I smoked roll ups until January 2010. I’d finished my tea one evening and rolled a ■■■. Smoked it and said to wife that it tasted crap.
The following day I went up Scotch with an early start. Went 48 hours without one. So I rolled one and lit it, it tasted just awful. So I lobbed the baccy tin and matches.

Whilst I can remember what it’s like to want a ■■■, I will never ever touch one again.
My Mrs has used an e cig for 3 years. It’s working for her. But I simply used will power.

Once I’d done a week, then a month and so on it got easier all the time.
I have become anti smoking and I vowed I never would. But as people have said, ex smokers are the worst. I can smell ■■■■ a mile off now.

I also found bout that by not smoking, I seemed to have more time on my hands too. I won’t tolerate any smoking around my Grandkids, and won’t take them to houses where people may be smokers.

Good luck giving up. If you do weaken, then try stopping again.

Been on ecig now for 4 years, if you see vape bellowing out of a cab it’s me lol but honestly if you start on a vape or another nicotine substitute you will soon despise the smell of cigs

Gone from £100 per week on smokes to £10 per week on e cig juice. Best decision i ever made. Strangely enough, I still like the odd cig now and then even though I find standing next to someone who’s just smoked makes me gip.

I quit smoking because I had the will power to do so at the time. What I did was get my self locked up at her majesty’s pleasure for 2 years and went cold turkey.
I tried patches and they didn’t work well. I then tried 2 patches at the same time and they did not work either. So I then had a ■■■ whilst I was wearing 2 patches and within minutes I was chucking black ■■■■ up and I tell you now, after seeing the crap that came out, I was determined to pack up. It took me 2 weeks of cold turkey and I was fine. That was 14 years ago and I’ve never looked back. Good luck and hope you succeed.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Started in my teens…

Players number 6 or B&H. I smoked 20-30 a day until I got to my 30s and started driving in countries where ciggies were much cheaper and used as currency. Then I was on 40 Marlboro a day.

For the last ten years or so I was rolling my own Golden Virginia with filter tips. Everywhere I went, my baccy tin and Zippo lighter went with me.

Four years ago, I stopped. No particular reason I just went a few days wthout one and carried on from there.

I do miss it after a meal with coffee and brandy but, not the smell or the cost.

if you really really really wanna stop you will

I gave up just over a year ago, been vaping since.

Where do you lot buy your juice from if you’re spending £15-20pw? :open_mouth:

I make my own juice, £10 for a litre of VG, same for PG, IT WAS £11 for 100ml of nicotine but now the laws changed (wtf is THAT all about Btw? :unamused:), around £10 for 100ml of flavouring.

To make 50ml of juice; 5ml of nicotine (48mg), 2.5ml of flavouring, and top up with VG/PG. You can adjust this to your taste, I don’t use PG, as this gives more of a “cloud” :grimacing:

The initial outlay is quite expensive, but once you’re set it costs pennies pw.

I stopped 8 years ago with champix tablets from my doctor,if you really want to stop these will make you stop.
You carry on smoking and pick a day between 6 and 12 after starting the tablets to stop.
I picked day 12 but I’d actually stopped smoking on day 7 as the tablets make you feel that bad.
Not a nice experience but well worth it and will never have another cig again…
I used to smoke proper milled tobacco and loved it too,how folk can say vaping liquid that tastes of sweets/fruit etc is a substitute for smoking is beyond me.
I still partake in a bit of snuff now and then,but that’s more cos I come from a mining family and certainly not an addiction.

Must admit that i do still smoke…i tried giving up twice with help from the nurse, although she used to pop outside for a ciggie, not a good role model for a no smoking nurse…ha ha, anyway, she introduced me to a drug called Champix, i stopped without realising, its a tablet that works with the brain, so for the first week, you take the tablets, and smoke if you wish, on the second week, choose a day when you want to quit…and before you know it, your almost through the day before you realised you havnt had a ciggie…you do crave one now and again…but i went back on because of some stress, then stopped again ( using the same system ) but got stressed again 2 years ago, bought a packet and here i am. The prices in the uk for ciggies are enough to make people want to give up smoking, but i get mine from BG, theyre £2.50 for 20 Rothmans tax paid and packet sealed, in other words, theyre genuine, shop bought and i bring enough back to last till the next time, funny enough, boss wants me to fly to Sofia next week to pick up a truck, so will stock up…Got to admit that i still enjoy a smoke though.

Tuckert92:
if you see vape bellowing out of a cab it’s me lol

First off,
Good luck to the O/P!
Don’t let yourself fall back into the habit once you’ve kicked it. Unfortunately that was the mistake I made after 2 years smoke free and now I’m back on 40+ a day.
I quit cold turkey and at the time that worked for me, I’ve tried doing it again since falling back into old habits and it hasn’t worked this time, so I’ll be looking to try those champix tablets.

I started smoking when I was 12 , mum rewarded errands and chores with 5 Woodbines . Dad didn’t like it but on my 16th birthday he had a ■■■ with me , a sort of rite of passage . It was so normal back then and modern nurses look at me in horror when I tell them that bedside cabinets in hospitals were provided with an ashtray . I’ve never given smoking up and at 75 I might have left it a bit late . I’ll probably soon cease to be a burden on the state , but think of the tax they will lose .