Adr event work

Hello lads I’m starting with a generator hire company on Monday delivering petrol generators I’m just wondering what you must carry by law.

I passed my adr 12 months ago so to be honest all I know is I need to carry a term card which matches the the load and 12kg of fire extinguishers.

I don’t want to mess up so any help wind be great!!

The job is going out with a low loader with generators tramping at Glastonbury and places like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TREM cards are no longer required, years ago , they had to be in the language of every country of transit.
Instructions in writing are needed now.
Be sure to have all the ADR kit, such as a working torch, wheel chocks, and so on.
I have seen a lot of checks on ADR vehicles.
One was South Bound Leicester Foreset Msa M1 .
Podimore and Cartgate services on the A303
Secure the load at all times, orange plates up are like bees to honey for the authorities.

Are you sure they’re petrol and not diesel?
I would have thought generators for big events would be diesels, and this might make a difference for ADR regs,
Plus it might be quite important to know, if you have to fuel them up. :wink:

So you ‘passed’ your exam last year, have forgotten, or are not sure about, most, and are now supposed to go out and work with hazardous loads, without training or instruction?

Which field at Glasters are you on? I’ll avoid that one…

Don’t worry Nodding Donkey, the OP is on tour with The Prodigy who had a hit tune called Firestarter .
Dozy, come home, all is forgiven about the fire extinguishers .

the nodding donkey:
So you ‘passed’ your exam last year, have forgotten, or are not sure about, most, and are now supposed to go out and work with hazardous loads, without training or instruction?

I’m quite switched on thank you very much. I only have to be shown something once then I triple check everything and leave nothing to chance…

I’m not going to be sleeping on the fields so you don’t have to worry. It’s low loader work with multiple generators on.

Williams9881:

the nodding donkey:

I’m quite switched on thank you very much. I only have to be shown something once then I triple check everything and leave nothing to chance…

I’m not going to be sleeping on the fields so you don’t have to worry. It’s low loader work with multiple generators on.

llo lads I’m starting with a generator hire company on Monday delivering petrol generators I’m just wondering what you must carry by law.

I passed my adr 12 months ago so to be honest all I know is I need to carry a term card which matches the the load and 12kg of fire extinguishers.

You’re contradicting yourself within the first page of discussion. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

And it’s not you I’m worried about (even though the food at Glasters is either meat or lentil based…), but the petrol for your generators…

Ok so there diesel generators :slight_smile:.

I can remember the basics from my test but all I’ve done since passing 12 months ago is 2 days work delivering pub beer gas.

I’ve tried to get work on fuel tankers but was messed around massively by greenergy. I passed a driving assessment and wait 7 weeks to be told the manager who was dealing with recruitment had left…

All I want to know is the very basics what I need first aid kits and all that…

Williams9881:
Hello lads I’m starting with a generator hire company on Monday delivering petrol generators I’m just wondering what you must carry by law.

The job is going out with a low loader with generators tramping at Glastonbury and places like that.

You may not even need ADR to do this job as the fuel in the generators themselves would be exempt. If you were carrying extra fuel then that may indeed come under ADR but it would need to be quite a bit. More details needed I think.

Road2ruin:
You may not even need ADR to do this job as the fuel in the generators themselves would be exempt. If you were carrying extra fuel then that may indeed come under ADR but it would need to be quite a bit. More details needed I think.

I was going to say the same. I never had an ADR, but I have delivered generators together with an IBC of diesel and was assured that it was perfectly legal. They were on flat beds, so any passing inspector could easily see.

I’ll assume you got the event tramper job for Speedy. Chances are the truck will be fully equipped with spill kits, haz kits, extinguishers etc. Most of the important bits will be in your haz bag. Anything not there your line manager will sort it. If he doesn’t just fail the daily checks on your PDA and transport manager will be on the phone within the hour wanting answers from your manager.
You’ll likely be shifting far more than generators. You’ll have 1000 upto 3000 litre bunded tanks, tower lights, fencing, cabling and distro etc etc etc. Well paid job but I think you’ll be working hard for it.

As has been said above, if you’re talking about the fuel in the tanks of the generators used to power them then that is exempt from ADR (the same reason a car transporter driver doesn’t need ADR).
If you’re carrying spare fuel in packages (drums, IBC’s etc), you can carry 333 litres of petrol or 1000 litres of diesel before ADR regulations apply.
Paperwork for a domestic UK journey is pretty simple. Trem cards were abolished a while back, now a copy of instructions in writing and a delivery note with the UN number, packaging group, tunnel codes etc is acceptable.
For example with a load of petrol, a delivery note with the following would be ok;
20 x 50l drums
UN1203 Petrol/Gasoline/Motor Spirit
3, II, (D/E).

CraigM:
I’ll assume you got the event tramper job for Speedy. Chances are the truck will be fully equipped with spill kits, haz kits, extinguishers etc. Most of the important bits will be in your haz bag. Anything not there your line manager will sort it. If he doesn’t just fail the daily checks on your PDA and transport manager will be on the phone within the hour wanting answers from your manager.
You’ll likely be shifting far more than generators. You’ll have 1000 upto 3000 litre bunded tanks, tower lights, fencing, cabling and distro etc etc etc. Well paid job but I think you’ll be working hard for it.

Your right it is for speedy, I’m not bothered about hard work it’s the rain I don’t like! I’m tramping at the minute on a fixed day right night allowance and no holiday pay. This is hourly with overtime after 48 hours and £25 night out. Plus it’s monthly pay!! I haven’t been monthly pay for 6 years!

Hopefully I pick it up straight away I’ve had no dramas with anything else I’ve worked as this far. I’ve had my adr twice now but never got anywhere to use it.

AJF3011:
As has been said above, if you’re talking about the fuel in the tanks of the generators used to power them then that is exempt from ADR (the same reason a car transporter driver doesn’t need ADR).
If you’re carrying spare fuel in packages (drums, IBC’s etc), you can carry 333 litres of petrol or 1000 litres of diesel before ADR regulations apply.
Paperwork for a domestic UK journey is pretty simple. Trem cards were abolished a while back, now a copy of instructions in writing and a delivery note with the UN number, packaging group, tunnel codes etc is acceptable.
For example with a load of petrol, a delivery note with the following would be ok;
20 x 50l drums
UN1203 Petrol/Gasoline/Motor Spirit
3, II, (D/E).

Thanks for this I took a screenshot for future reference!

Ok so turns out it’s not going to be much adr but still will be used from time to time.

A little disheartened but the money is bosting.

the nodding donkey:

ADR is very complicated.

sweeper1gg:

the nodding donkey:

ADR is very complicated.

Sorry mate, but ADR is only complicated by those who insist on making up rules that aren’t in the books.
It gets VERY complicated when that happens. :smiley:

Every company who sends or transports dangerous goods (with only a few exceptions) have been legally required to have (or appoint) a properly qualified DGSA, which has been the case since 01/01/2000.
(Properly qualified = has taken AND passed at least three written exams.)

It is a DGSA’s responsibility to monitor/advise the company who employ him, but many companies haven’t bothered because they think that’s why they’ve sent the driver on an ADR course.

It hasn’t been a driver’s responsibility to decide whether a particular job is/isn’t subject to full ADR Regs since 09/05/2004, so it makes me wonder where all those bosses were during the changeover period, and why many of them still don’t seem to know.

When we carry Adr by road that out of score depend from transport category.If we have small amount of Adr and cross by ferry that in score from 1kg or not?

Andrejs:
When we carry Adr by road that out of score depend from transport category.If we have small amount of Adr and cross by ferry that in score from 1kg or not?

^^^ see? ADR needn’t be complicated.

Andrejs:

Hi Andrejs,

I’m not sure where you did our ADR course, but you’re spot on about ADR Transport Categories, which do give a number of relaxations from the full weight of ADR compliance when only a small load is carried.
This is the total amount loaded on a vehicle, when the dangerous goods are NOT packaged as Limited Quantity.

When you speak of 1L size, it’s probably a different exemption called Limited Quantities (LQs.)
LQs, are limited to the amount contained in each individual package.
The LQ size varies from substance to substance, but when an LQ compliant load is carried, there is NO limit per vehicle because that notion comes from a different exemption

Your ADR course should have explained that those two exemptions are used in completely different circumstances.

Carriage of dangerous goods by sea (ferries and other ships) involves a different set of Regs called IMDG.
IMDG has pretty much the same rules on LQs as ADR, but IMDG does NOT have Transport Categories. (It doesn’t need them.)