M11 crash - lorry driver guilty

Franglais:

Evil8Beezle:

bobbya:
It says he only had three to four hours a sleep the night before to me that’s normal, five hours I count as a good night,and I don’t find myself dozing off.

Yet to me that would be torture and I quit my last job because of persistent excessive hours, as I wouldn’t want to end up like that driver. :neutral_face:
I didn’t bother bringing up the topic with management, as I already knew what the answer would be… :laughing:

I dont think it says he was working too much? Saying "Sharratt had only slept for three to four hours the night before the collision" isnt saying he was actually at work. Could he have been off duty, but either doing something else, or simply unable to sleep? No mention that his lack of sleep being work related. Correct me if I`ve missed summat here.

I agree, as there aren’t any details about this in the article. So conjecture is all we have…
My personal experience wasn’t really that I felt I was going to fall sleep at the wheel, more that I just didn’t want to be working silly hours week after week. We as drivers have to except that at times there are busy periods, and we need to be flexible. But at this firm and its setup, you knew the accountants had done the maths regarding staffing levels! :imp: