Is maritime the new stobart?

I’ve been working on nights for a while at Maritime and totally disgusted with them.
Was promised at my interview a couple of months ago they they plan for a maximum of 12 hours, my arse, they give you maximum hours whether you like it or not.
Lie to you constantly and you’re treated like dirt.
Obviously looking for a new job as most of the drivers are doing.

I’ve been subbing there for 4 weeks now they love to get there money’s worth.

The other day I’d done 2 containers and was on 12 hours they still expected me to go from Birmingham to Telford and tip in 3 hours!!

Not the best place to work for in the world the office staff are pampered little boys with quiffs.
They think because you can do 3 x 15s you should I think it’s a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of other places that pay by the day - and expect exactly the same out of you.
That’s why it’s better to leave these places to the agencies.
“Full time job” for guaranteed hours - my arse!

Getting plenty of hours isn’t all it’s cracked out to be. It’s great if you’re paid by the hour with overtime after 8 hours (you’ll always be planned for 9 hour shifts), but lousy if you’re paid a right-through rate (watch out for 11am-2am shifts for daytime pay!) or worse - 3x15 hour shifts in hand that week, then they plan you for 2x12 thursday & friday, which oddly go over 13 hours because of the end-of week traffic…

Now I don’t mind doing 15 hour shifts - but it’s overnight and when I choose, which tends to be at the tail end of the week, so I can sleep it off the next day. I don’t like doing 15 hours back to back, and I get alarm bells ringing if I’m asked to do my first day of the week on one! :open_mouth:

Can’t please anyone can they. Nights are paid a set rate, hence they want their pound of flesh. Subbies, need I say more. Poor day men are on hours, so only get their basic 11 :wink:

I applied for maritime out of leeds depot for nights 4 on 4 off but never heard anything back,money isnt bad at £170 a shift for 12 hours and o.t after 12.I was told by some drivers that work there already its mainly amazon work on nights and is steady enough

deano32:
I applied for maritime out of leeds depot for nights 4 on 4 off but never heard anything back,money isnt bad at £170 a shift for 12 hours and o.t after 12.I was told by some drivers that work there already its mainly amazon work on nights and is steady enough

I got told £135 a shift on nights. No O/T for 4 on 4 off.

£170 a shift on nights m8 in leeds 4 on 4 off £10 p/h after 12 hours then…my m8 works for them on nights out of leeds

deano32:
£170 a shift on nights m8 in leeds 4 on 4 off £10 p/h after 12 hours then…my m8 works for them on nights out of leeds

Hang on, is that £170 for a 12 hour shift one would presume, and anything after 12 hours is overtime when the rate drops to £10 an hour?
Not as i disbelieve it you understand, nothing would surprise me about the large logistics mobs now.

Juddian:

deano32:

Hang on, is that £170 for a 12 hour shift one would presume, and anything after 12 hours is overtime when the rate drops to £10 an hour?
Not as i disbelieve it you understand, nothing would surprise me about the large logistics mobs now.

Yup £10 p/h after 12 hours…works out at £14 odd for the 12 hours previous…then drops to £10 quid…yeah i know!!

I’ve worked for both, and the planners are knobs at both.

deano32:
£10 p/h

Day drivers in Manchester are on this…

My experiences are a lot different. The lads in the office are very accommodating and easy to get on with, and though some nights can be a bit heavy, a lot aren’t.

My last 4 nightshifts:

10 hrs
12 hrs 35 min
11 hrs 35 min
11 hrs 45 min

The previous 4 nightshifts:

10 hrs 50 min
12 hrs 20 min
12 hrs 15 min
13 hrs 15 min

The 4 nightshifts before that:

12 hours 30 mins
10 hours 35 mins
12 hours 45 mins
11 hours 15 mins

Per shift It’s £145 (12 hour’s pay, which is £12.08 per hour) + £15 night shift allowance + £10 tax free meal allowance. Total = £170 per nightshift for upto 12 hours, which is £14.16 per hour, and this includes a paid break. 12 hours are guaranteed even if you do 9. Overtime is paid after 12 hours. My payslips show this overtime during the week at £13.40 per hour, and during weekends at £14.50 per hour. Overtime is definitely not £10 per hour for 4 on 4 off night drivers.

Are you paid for all those hours @ that rate?
Or is it less the breaks…
And less the POA… :unamused:

“That hourly rate wouldn’t be bad if it were a couple of quid higher”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:
Are you paid for all those hours @ that rate?
Or is it less the breaks…
And less the POA… :unamused:

“That hourly rate wouldn’t be bad if it were a couple of quid higher”. :stuck_out_tongue:

You get paid from the exact minute your card goes in till you take it out…
No deductions for breaks or POA,
I’ve worked for them for over 8 years on container tramping,
Yes they’ve got there faults but what company hasn’t, I’ve worked for alot worse in the 30 years I’ve been on the road and for less money.
I’m happy with doing the hours that’s how I earn good money, my opinion is if you don’t like the hours or the company you know were the door is…which means more work for me and more money in my pocket,
So many drivers seem to come, moan, whinge, cry about everything they do damage to the trucks and trailers and then they leave and to be honest they are no loss.
It’s transport at the end of the day and it’s unpredictable and there are no guarantees if you want an 8 hour a day job then your in the wrong game.

I’ve worked for them for a fair while as well. Feel pretty well looked after & the hours are decent. On Mon-Fri days.

Like bigKris said, they aren’t perfect, I do see some stuff go on which makes me cringe, but I personally have had few problems and enjoy my work. I average 50-55 hrs per week.

ezydriver:
My experiences are a lot different. The lads in the office are very accommodating and easy to get on with, and though some nights can be a bit heavy, a lot aren’t.

My last 4 nightshifts:

10 hrs
12 hrs 35 min
11 hrs 35 min
11 hrs 45 min

The previous 4 nightshifts:

10 hrs 50 min
12 hrs 20 min
12 hrs 15 min
13 hrs 15 min

The 4 nightshifts before that:

12 hours 30 mins
10 hours 35 mins
12 hours 45 mins
11 hours 15 mins

Per shift It’s £145 (12 hour’s pay, which is £12.08 per hour) + £15 night shift allowance + £10 tax free meal allowance. Total = £170 per nightshift for upto 12 hours, which is £14.16 per hour, and this includes a paid break. 12 hours are guaranteed even if you do 9. Overtime is paid after 12 hours. My payslips show this overtime during the week at £13.40 per hour, and during weekends at £14.50 per hour. Overtime is definitely not £10 per hour for 4 on 4 off night drivers.

Why don’t you round it up to nearest second 000000000.1234
Might be able to attract real drivers then.
:smiley:

Williams9881:
I’ve been subbing there for 4 weeks now they love to get there money’s worth.

The other day I’d done 2 containers and was on 12 hours they still expected me to go from Birmingham to Telford and tip in 3 hours!!

Not the best place to work for in the world the office staff are pampered little boys with quiffs.
They think because you can do 3 x 15s you should I think it’s a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll if sunning and its your own then just say no thanks

So what’s the problem if the get max out usage out of the truck on each shift as long as its legal that’s what there paid to do

alix776:
So what’s the problem if the get max out usage out of the truck on each shift as long as its legal that’s what there paid to do

Heavy night on the sherbert last night?

somtam:
I’ve been working on nights for a while at Maritime and totally disgusted with them.
Was promised at my interview a couple of months ago they they plan for a maximum of 12 hours, my arse, they give you maximum hours whether you like it or not.
Lie to you constantly and you’re treated like dirt.
Obviously looking for a new job as most of the drivers are doing.

I believe you could be right.