Can anyone help

My fridge packed in yesterday after 13 yrs, it was bought for me (around 300 quid at that time) by an excellent co I once worked for.
(no chance with the present crew I work for :unamused: …you would think the days of drivers buying their own fridge would be long gone. :unamused: )

I don’t know the life span of these things, but I reckon that 13 yrs aint too bad, it still runs but won’t get cold.

So …Does anybody…

Know of somewhere to look at it possiblly repair it.

Or have a good used (but cheap :smiley: ) similar type to mine to fit under an Actros bunk. I’ ve got a DAF drawer type but not ideal for the design of the Merc, (and it’s for sale)

Know of a yard breaking an Actros with poss a fridge in it.

Also can anybody i.d. mine, make and model by the pic,.I think it’s a Waeco, but not sure.
Thanks for any help/suggestions (well any sensible ones anyway :laughing: ) in advance.

Where are you based as I know that we’ve got a smashed up cf in the yard that is currently being stripped for spares and it’s got a fridge in it.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

lizard:
Where are you based as I know that we’ve got a smashed up cf in the yard that is currently being stripped for spares and it’s got a fridge in it.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I’ve already got a DAF fridge mate as I said, the drawer type.
I’m assuming the CF is the same or similar.
I want one similar size and design to the pic, …but thanks anyway bud. :wink:

robroy:

lizard:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I’ve already got a DAF fridge mate as I said, the drawer type.
I’m assuming the CF is the same or similar.
I want one similar size and design to the pic, …but thanks anyway bud. :wink:

Your welcome. Will have a ring round later to see if anyone has 1 for sale for you.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I’ve got some polish you can have if you like, looks desperately needed… :wink:

switchlogic:
I’ve got some polish you can have if you like, looks desperately needed… :wink:

:blush: Yeh it does look a bit iffy in the pic :blush: …but it is getting on a bit…a bit like it’s owner in fact. :smiley:
You can’t see it under the bunk, so it’s an ‘out of sight out of mind’ situation. :smiley:

Btw if anybody does know an Actros being broken with a fridge, don’t put it on here, pm me only,… in case some other ■■■■ jumps on it. :smiley:

Thinking outside the box, iirc those fridges that come with the seat Alhambra, VW Sharan, ford Galaxy look very similar to the one in the pic, and have previously been stated that they fit under the bunk. check out eBay item 112381495761

Thought this was going to be a dreaded what’s the best sat nav thread :wink: :laughing:

Try turning the fridge upside down for 24 hours, then turn right way up and leave for another 24 hours. Switch it on and see if it gets cold.

Ask Dozy, he’ll have a completely unused fridge you can have :laughing:

robroy:
My fridge packed in yesterday after 13 yrs, it was bought for me (around 300 quid at that time) by an excellent co I once worked for.
(no chance with the present crew I work for :unamused: …you would think the days of drivers buying their own fridge would be long gone. :unamused: )

I don’t know the life span of these things, but I reckon that 13 yrs aint too bad, it still runs but won’t get cold.

So …Does anybody…

Or have a good used (but cheap :smiley: ) similar type to mine to fit under an Actros bunk. I’ ve got a DAF drawer type but not ideal for the design of the Merc, (and it’s for sale)

Also can anybody i.d. mine, make and model by the pic,.I think it’s a Waeco, but not sure.
Thanks for any help/suggestions (well any sensible ones anyway :laughing: ) in advance.

Have you tried getting it re-gassed? Couldn’t be as simple as that if it’s still running.

It could be a matter of getting some Freon put in.

Wildy:
Try turning the fridge upside down for 24 hours, then turn right way up and leave for another 24 hours. Switch it on and see if it gets cold.

Thanks mate I’ll try that…but do I have to also stand on my head with my finger in one ear whilst trying it.
Get back to me on that won’t you. :wink:

Thats a great service Rob…13 years mate…and still working ( wow, we could even start a new thread lol )…the new Waeco of that size is around £170…as i bought one,m but it packed up after 6 months, took it back and they replaced it with no questions for a brand new one…they are good fridges mate…good luck in your search.

fredthered:

robroy:

So …Does anybody…

Have you tried getting it re-gassed? Couldn’t be as simple as that if it’s still running.

Yeh my mate suggested that, so I rang a co in Carlisle that do fridge trailers and ind fridges. The guy said he would have a look at it for me as they all work on same principle…said it would cost me 50 quid an hour :open_mouth: but could be cheaper than a new like for like fridge which costs 500 + quid now.
Thanks for that anyway.

truckyboy:
Thats a great service Rob…13 years mate…and still working ( wow, we could even start a new thread lol )…the new Waeco of that size is around £170…as i bought one,m but it packed up after 6 months, took it back and they replaced it with no questions for a brand new one…they are good fridges mate…good luck in your search.

170?..you sure that aint just a coolbox TB?
If it aint, and it’s what they call a compressor fridge (sounding like I know wtf I’m on about :unamused: :smiley: ) can you send me a link.
Cheers.

robroy:

fredthered:

robroy:

So …Does anybody…

Yeh my mate suggested that, so I rang a co in Carlisle that do fridge trailers and ind fridges. The guy said he would have a look at it for me as they all work on same principle…said it would cost me 50 quid an hour :open_mouth: but could be cheaper than a new like for like fridge which costs 500 + quid now.
Thanks for that anyway.

If you’re Carlisle what about these? No idea about them myself just found on a search

ianfraserrepairs.co.uk/

You don’t want to be paying commercial vehicle repair rates. Search something like “domestic fridge repairs {insert hometown}”

Fridge freezer

marinesuperstore.com/refrige … 0wod1kkPJg

If you need that big a fridge, I’d lay off the curries for a bit…

have you considered it might be the thermostat ■■?