Parker, get the Rolls...

Chauffeur Driver…

Smart Homes - Stockton-on-Tees

£50,000 a year

Driving People to business events

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: £50,000.00 /year

Unsurprisingly 296 people have already applied for this job according to Indeed.

indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=06f … =affiliate

297…

Good luck…

Sounds like a great job, unless you have to clean the car on a Saturday!!

Detailed advert :laughing:

Reminds me of a tv film I saw. You’ll prob find those “business” people have titles like Capo and that “omertà” figures in your contract. Those events - you’ll be required to wait outside :laughing: . Just don’t ask about the holiday pay or redundancy terms…

I wouldn’t get out…

I’m just waiting for Dozy to report back

"I’ve got the job! I even get a suit! Mind you, they said I’ll be given a lesser uniform if I don’t do the job properly. Said "if I let them down I’ll be fitted up for a pine overcoat!

I wouldn’t want that, sounds like it would itch my undercarriage. I hope they pay parking"

Captain Caveman 76:
Sounds like a great job, unless you have to clean the car on a Saturday!!

Sod that. I’ll clean the car on Saturdays 'wit toong mun dennis! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I spent 3 years as a Chauffer and for that kind of money, You can forget about having a life for yourself… constantly on call (when I did it, it was a pager) and they make you earn your money by giving you out to their mates as a favour if they don’t need you, treated like a bell boy in front of their business colleagues etc.

I got the job over other applicants mainly because I was ex army. I recall once I was working for one of his mates the weekend and drove him to a private party at a friends house and the bloke came out to the car after some hours and told me to go in and ‘sort’ out some lads who were getting too rowdy and upsetting other people… jacked it in the Monday.

How many hours per day do they expect out of you then? - bearing in mind it’s not on a tacho…

It would be a shame if you’d done say, 12 hours, got back to base, and then get told you’ve gotta run some toffee nosed twit to the royal variety performance finishing way into the small hours when you’re on days. :unamused:

“On Call” could mean (for all I know) that it’s actually £50k for a 168 hour week… :open_mouth:

Winseer:
How many hours per day do they expect out of you then? - bearing in mind it’s not on a tacho…

It would be a shame if you’d done say, 12 hours, got back to base, and then get told you’ve gotta run some toffee nosed twit to the royal variety performance finishing way into the small hours when you’re on days. :unamused:

“On Call” could mean (for all I know) that it’s actually £50k for a 168 hour week… :open_mouth:

Is better money than the recovery game though…

Mark500:
297…

:laughing:

Winseer:
:

So you worked for the same theatrical pratt that we did then!

Winseer:

precisely what it means. :grimacing:

I’d often get a page at all hours that showed a phone number and I would call it, was usually either a phone box or a phone in a hotel/ pub and he’d say come and pick me up. Mostly local but sometimes an hour or more away. Worst day I did was drive from Plymouth to London, pick up some business clients and drive them down here, they’d do their thing with the Boss and then I had to drive them back and get home, a long day. Driving some nice motors was a bonus though and I also had a Merc 190 for my own personal use.

I did some chauffing way back in the dark ages. I was a van driver 8 to 5, mon to fri, and a chauffeur evenings and weekends for the boss. Not a RR but a Bently (much more refined). The worst part was when he went to some function and I would have to hang around for hours waiting. The best was when I took him to Heathrow on Friday evening and kept the car 'till I picked him up on Monday morning.

Loads of wages and no time to spend it.