Any car transporter drivers on hear

Hi I have been offered a job wor BCA. I was wondering what’s it like to work for them. How much can I realistic earn. I have not long passed my class 1 license and this would be the first job driving class 1. Am I being stupid going into such a hard job.

Hi, I started driving on them January this year, not for BCA but another well known company. The job is like marmite, you’ll either love it or hate it. It’s very hard, demanding work at the start, expect to be at it at least 6 months before you even start getting your head around it. Trees are your main enemy on the job. You can’t take a lot of routes due to overhanging trees like you can in an artic. I took to it very quickly but still am nowhere near knowing the job inside out. Expect to do 2 weeks worth of work in 1 week and some. You’ll cover enormous miles in a Wendy house that you’ll have to lay in bed to get your clothes off and on. I started off doing them with very little driving experience, I think this helped as you don’t get into habits you would on artics as such. If your resilient and ready to work your nuts off the remuneration is very rewarding. I know my company pay £800 - £850 per week take home for 5 1/2 days work. That includes overnight money etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also BCA are huge now with hundreds of drivers. I’ve yet to meet a transporter driver not willing to help if your stuck at some point on the job.

Just don’t get lost in Heyford air field , it’s massive and the whole runway is full of cars

As Tucker above is proving, it can be done going straight in at the deep end.
Not something i would advise though but if it works, as it has for Tucker, then why not, he’s taken to it quickly but that is not how it usually pans out, it’s bloody terrifying at first :open_mouth:

Not envying you, you have a baptism of fire awaiting :sunglasses: , but a very good time of the year to start with the warm weather on the way.

You have to be antisocial, and incredibly thick skinned.

the nodding donkey:

■■?

Tucker9037:

the nodding donkey:

■■?

:laughing: :sunglasses:
Blocking main artery roads during rush hour, doing forecourt deliveries… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

Tucker9037:

the nodding donkey:

■■?

:laughing: :sunglasses:
Blocking main artery roads during rush hour, doing forecourt deliveries… :grimacing:

Ah now you mentioned it, I got serious grief from a local resident in Dublin whilst delivering BMW’s on the roadside. Neighbourhood watch spied me and that was it haha

Nor really spoken to any happy BCA drivers and I speak to them most days.

Thank you for your response. I am kinda quick to most things so it will be interesting to see how it pans out. The antisocial thing I am kinda there already. I deliver timber to small little joinery which are normal to be down small roads u bloke so use to the locals going mad lol. Thank you for your advise