Here we go, the video vigilantes will be out in force

A man has become the first driver in North Yorkshire to be prosecuted after another motorist submitted footage of them overtaking dangerously.
It follows the launch of a North Yorkshire Police operation where drivers are encouraged to shop other motorists.

Time to get some fake number plates knocked up.
Seeing as there are now so few genuine patrols out there, the chance of getting caught is minimal.

Open season for the wannabes who will happily do the police’s job and do it for nothing, too. What’s more, some of them take pride in reporting others for doing something that doesn’t affect them. May a plague of locusts descend on them all.

I find those dashcam compilations a bit of a laugh, and I assume most people upload them for a bit of a laugh as well. But I imagine it’d encourage those people who sit on the pavement with a fold out chair and a chinese radar gun to drive aimlessly around town ■■■■■■■ people off. Like, I’ve seen stickers on the back of cars with words to the effect of “Enjoy your fine” or somesuch with a rear-facing camera. If you get tailgated that often you’ve felt the need to install a camera and put stickers on your car then maybe you’re the problem?

Also - www.speedflip.com

This country is becoming more and more like east Germany. Remember good citizens, your reports keep this country strong!

Driving like that deserves to be punished.

Captain Caveman 76:
This country is becoming more and more like east Germany. Remember good citizens, your reports keep this country strong!

Yep, well done comrade, thanks to your report that subversive capitalist family will spend the rest of their short lives in the gulag, here have extra rations for a week and 1 extra bottle of vodka.

i can remember from my recovery days of a big citroen estate that had the number plate fixed flat on the top of the rear bumper with a chrome like plate on the tailgate which showed the number in reflection from behind but it was not allegedly readable by cameras,

Yeah, don’t do that. I’m pretty sure doing things like that is a specific offence. I think it’d come under keeping your numberplate readable or something.

No it’d come under the heading of perverting the course of justice and you’d be looking at porridge. I used to know a biker who had a flip up plate for when he was misbehaving and he went down for it.

sent using smoke signals

iomex:
Yeah, don’t do that. I’m pretty sure doing things like that is a specific offence. I think it’d come under keeping your numberplate readable or something.

I was in layby having a 45 a while back and this cop car came in with his blue lights on with about a dozen bikers behind him, obviously flagged them in, cops went over the bikes and found quiet a few had motorised flip rear number plates that disappear with a switch on the handle bars… bikes were confiscated on the spot so messing with numbers plate seems to be a big no no.

Edit: posted as mick did… how long ago was your mate done? I seen this happen about 8 months ago on the A35 near Weymouth.

■■■■ em

I’ve no problem with it.
Drive within the confines of the law (safely) and the video vigilantes will have nowt to film.
It’s a fact that the roads aren’t policed anywhere near the levels they should be.
If this helps address the poor standards of driving that we all see on a daily basis then I for one welcome it.
Too many [emoji1307] on the road these days, particularly driving [emoji594].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiabman:
I’ve no problem with it.
Drive within the confines of the law (safely) and the video vigilantes will have nowt to film.
It’s a fact that the roads aren’t policed anywhere near the levels they should be.
If this helps address the poor standards of driving that we all see on a daily basis then I for one welcome it.
Too many [emoji1307] on the road these days, particularly driving [emoji594].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deutschland, Deutschland Ueber Alles. :unamused: you from BRD OR DDR! :open_mouth: Stasi. :imp:

Are these videos going to be viewed by the police before any charges are brought?

My dash cam caught an HGV driver going for about 100 yards with 2 wheels (well, about 12 actually but you know what I mean) on the pavement towards a blind left bend, because the carriageway was hampered by a queue of cars coming the other way who were all slowly overtaking a line of parked cars. It really was impatience at its worse, and saved him a whole 30 seconds. Rather than shop him to Plod, I sent the clip to his company.
The reply? “Well, he couldn’t get past could he!”

I was sorely tempted to send the clip to the law after that. Maybe next time!

These vigilantes really do need to get a life! If others want to break the law let them get on with it!
The police are the ones to deal with wrong doing not some do gooder tree hugging geeky nerd type road commander with a cheap chinese camera! These people need to learn to just get on with their own life NOT continually worry what others do… :imp:

Not another saddo submitting dash cam footage to YouTube and/or the police :unamused:

Born Idle:
My dash cam caught an HGV driver going for about 100 yards with 2 wheels (well, about 12 actually but you know what I mean) on the pavement towards a blind left bend, because the carriageway was hampered by a queue of cars coming the other way who were all slowly overtaking a line of parked cars. It really was impatience at its worse, and saved him a whole 30 seconds. Rather than shop him to Plod, I sent the clip to his company.

How many children were killed by this maniac?

the nodding donkey:

Born Idle:

How many children were killed by this maniac?

could have burst a whole load of paving slabs; cash strapped local council then tries to ignore problem until old lady trips and falls, then forced to repair and compensate the old lady, the million pound bill comes straight out of the local parks, swimming pool and recreational areas, the long term damage to children growing up in the area is incalculable.

Driver should have been forced to repair damage on his day off (then dobbed in to vosa for hours infringement) - you know it makes sense.