Message on digi tacho

I’ve had a message on digi tacho saying something like service due 24/4/17 , I’ve now got :exclamation: ( symbol that looks like a truck ) , arrow pointing too right , t , then it says , time for service .
Dash is lit up Amber , with tacho graph information , and a large t on bottom left hand corner .
I reported the due for service on 24/4/17 a few times and got no response , on Monday I reported now saying time for service ( I’m assuming that means calibration :question: , but there saying it’s not due too 2019 and as its a Amber warning not red carry on .
Any one had these warnings , ta

dozy:
I’ve had a message on digi tacho saying something like service due 24/4/17 , I’ve now got :exclamation: ( symbol that looks like a truck ) , arrow pointing too right , t , then it says , time for service .
Dash is lit up Amber , with tacho graph information , and a large t on bottom left hand corner .
I reported the due for service on 24/4/17 a few times and got no response , on Monday I reported now saying time for service ( I’m assuming that means calibration :question: , but there saying it’s not due too 2019 and as its a Amber warning not red carry on .

Ive had a couple (bought the truck used) but had it ‘recalibrated’ to message delete as it used to come up with random msg’s. Mines a VDO unit and needed a new li ion battery when i got it, i replaced this (usually replaced every 2 years) so will see it out as new one is arriving shortly. Yours is most likely due a battery. If the battery dies the tacho will lose its programming…

AndrewG:

dozy:

Ive had a couple (bought the truck used) but had it ‘recalibrated’ to message delete as it used to come up with random msg’s. Mines a VDO unit and needed a new li ion battery when i got it, i replaced this (usually replaced every 2 years) so will see it out as new one is arriving shortly. Yours is most likely due a battery. If the battery dies the tacho will lose its programming…

Ta a. G , there going too have a look at it fri when I get back

*they’re *

The reason you have a picture of the truck and a arrow pointing to the right is simple. The arrow is pointing towards the door and the truck is politely telling you to F off. :smiley: :smiley:

Just in case any one gets the message up , it means the truck is due too have the tacho recalibrated , you get the warning a month in advance on the tacho , so when I took it in they told me tacho was out of calibration :open_mouth: , but after further investigation ( sticker inside drivers door it was calibrated on 17/3/17 , but the person who did it hadn’t cleared tacho of what ever they clear warning of service , sent too tacho place and they did it , lad said they’d had loads in with same , lad who did them was now unemployed :exclamation:

AndrewG:

dozy:

The battery as you say should be changed every 2 years or every calibration ,ie it gets a new box or the seal is broken …The main issue with vdo/siemens is if for example in a horsebox for example which may sit for months without being used ,is if the vehicle batt dies ,then the tacho will run on the tacho battery ,once that dies the tacho dies and you need to replace the tacho,you cant bring it back to life …Hence if I am doing a tacho before removing it for a test bench check I will replace the batt first