Dickheads on the phone

Earlier I was about to come of the M5 onto M42 when I was slowed down by a silver Peugeot estate to around 40mph while he swerved about his Lane. As I passed him I see he was busy tapping away on his iphone. Unfortunately I didn’t Clock his reg as I was too busy blowing my horn and calling him a ■■■■■■ otherwise his reg would be on this post aswell. I think we should all start naming and shaming these dicks, who’s with me??

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t expect a rush of volunteers :wink:

Oh and breach of highway code for horn use, could have caused a pile up tooting away for no reason.

Andy Pandy:
Earlier I was about to come of the M5 onto M42 when I was slowed down by a silver Peugeot estate to around 40mph while he swerved about his Lane. As I passed him I see he was busy tapping away on his iphone. Unfortunately I didn’t Clock his reg as I was too busy blowing my horn and calling him a [zb] otherwise his reg would be on this post aswell. I think we should all start naming and shaming these dicks, who’s with me??

Before posting peoples registration numbers I suggest you read the forum rules and pay particular attention to the part headed Posting of Registration Numbers on these Forums

I do understand your frustration though, only yesterday I was stuck behind a car waiting to pull onto a roundabout, the driver in front was so busy talking on his mobile that he was completely oblivious to the fact that the traffic on the roundabout had cleared until I gave him a toot on the horn to bring his attention to the fact :unamused:

Consider my wrists well and truly slapped. Just really infuriated me.

I’ve just seen an AO.COM driver messing with a tablet and behind him was a council bin man on his phone. Both had passengers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much for the police zero tolerance. Nobody gives a ■■■■ do they

Same as smoking in the truck. Nobody gets prosecuted for it

pickandmix:
I’ve just seen an AO.COM driver messing with a tablet and behind him was a council bin man on his phone. Both had passengers

There was a binman grassed up a while ago by a work colleague for being on the phone while driving, he’d made a few complaints to his office about it and nothing was done so he ended up filming him and reporting it again.

Gold star for the work colleague

I’ve been meaning to get a dash cam and I’m now thinking I’ll get two, so I can position one out of the O/S window to catch these numpties in the act. Maybe then Starsky and Hutch might do something about it.

Personally I don’t have a big problem with people using a phone to make voice calls while driving, what I have a problem with is people who are incapable of giving their driving the highest priority, which unfortunately seems to be the majority of people :frowning:

People who think their phone conversation is more important than their driving shouldn’t even be allowed out on their own let alone being allowed to drive on public roads :unamused:

Excellent, should be seeing a reduction in the council tax soon, with all the holier than thou’s doing the job of the old bill for them.

Incidentally where does one buy a halo.

Juddian:
Excellent, should be seeing a reduction in the council tax soon, with all the holier than thou’s doing the job of the old bill for them.

I know what you mean, I’ve cut a deal with my local Old Bill, I won’t try and catch burglars, they promise not to moonlight my job when my trucks in the yard.
I love these self appointed wardens. :laughing:

On the subject of phones I came through my favourite town today…again :unamused: Bruton, one way in one way out to avoid a low bridge, 7 and a half except for access. You always get abuse in one form or another off the locals for going through it.
Anyway I’m coming through, this car pulled in to, I thought, give way, but no the silly cow was approaching me slowly while videoing me on her phone.
Situation here was I was doing nothing wrong, but she was using her phone whilst driving,… presumably to report me to the law by showing them the vid, filmed illegally…the irony. :unamused:

Andy Pandy:
Earlier I was about to come of the M5 onto M42 when I was slowed down by a silver Peugeot estate to around 40mph while he swerved about his Lane. As I passed him I see he was busy tapping away on his iphone. Unfortunately I didn’t Clock his reg as I was too busy blowing my horn and calling him a [zb] otherwise his reg would be on this post aswell. I think we should all start naming and shaming these dicks, who’s with me??

I am with you on this one,complete and utter bellends but do we also shop our fellow truck drivers? They really should know better.What ya reckon pal?

pickandmix:
Same as smoking in the truck. Nobody gets prosecuted for it

Hardly in the same league of crimes really considering the damage that a numpty on the phone can do

Uncle Albie:

Andy Pandy:

I am with you on this one,complete and utter bellends but do we also shop our fellow truck drivers? They really should know better.What ya reckon pal?

Yes. It’s a real sore subject for me. A couple of years ago I was knocked of my CBR by some young dumbass who was more interested in texted mummy to let her know he was nearly home, as apparently she worries and it was stop her calling him while he was driving.

Juddian:

^
This
Ill never understand why anyone would want to shop someone else for driving misdemeanors. Ignoring what others do and just getting on with your day i always find is the best bet.If the guy wants to use his phone, either to get nicked or smash his car up let him get on with it… :sunglasses:

AndrewG:
Ill never understand why anyone would want to shop someone else for driving misdemeanors. Ignoring what others do and just getting on with your day i always find is the best bet.If the guy wants to use his phone, either to get nicked or smash his car up let him get on with it… :sunglasses:

Because they might injure someone or worse, and that someone might be someone you love dear

“People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones?” to paraphrase.

zaax:

AndrewG:

Because they might injure someone or worse, and that someone might be someone you love dear

Exactly these bellends deserve to be shopped.

AndrewG do you not care if some bellend playing with their phone severley injures or kills innocent people? Get real pal.