Sat nav. supplier

Probably coming off being a trolly dollie in the near future so will need a sat nav. can somebody tell me the name of the guy that was selling the
cheap and decent navs that a load of drivers on here recommended (not the garmin or tom ton ones) ? Thanks in anticipation.

Chris Salisbury
trucknavs.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They ones he sells are ok but expect zero aftercare is anything goes wrong with it.

xichrisxi:
They ones he sells are ok but expect zero aftercare is anything goes wrong with it.

why would you say that. Chris is top notch

pickandmix:

xichrisxi:

why would you say that. Chris is top notch

Mine arrived and the holder was broke,tried to contact him with no joy…posted on his Facebook page and he blocked me after tellling me the units come with no warranty.
He’ll help if it’s a software issue he can fix over the phone at no cost to him,anything beyond that and he will block any means of communication…just wish I’d of payed through eBay/PayPal at the time then I could off claimed the money back

His sat nav tries to direct me 10 minutes and through and housing an estate when all I needed to do was take the 3rd exit at the roundabout I was on. Ended up ditching it and using co pilot truck and now I use a Garmin trucknav

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
His sat nav tries to direct me 10 minutes and through and housing an estate when all I needed to do was take the 3rd exit at the roundabout I was on. Ended up ditching it and using co pilot truck and now I use a Garmin trucknav

I think you’ll find they all do that now & again :laughing:

wrighty1:

JaxDemon:

I think you’ll find they all do that now & again :laughing:

Yep like tom tom will direct you straight through centre of petworth West Sussex even though there’s a 7.5t limit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

wrighty1:

JaxDemon:

I think you’ll find they all do that now & again [emoji38]

Yep like tom tom will direct you straight through centre of petworth West Sussex even though there’s a 7.5t limit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha class. Not had any issues with my Garmin yet.

Trolley dollys never make good real truck drivers i would think you will need a lot more than a sat nav to do the job you should think of going out with another driver for two weeks to show you the ropes best to be safe

ashton gate:
Probably coming off being a trolly dollie in the near future so will need a sat nav. can somebody tell me the name of the guy that was selling the
cheap and decent navs that a load of drivers on here recommended (not the garmin or tom ton ones) ? Thanks in anticipation.

Lee Johnson :sunglasses:

Google Maps on your phone is all you’ll ever need imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

switchlogic:

Google maps for the 'last mile to the front door 'directions, combined with a Philips truckers atlas, to check the route for height and weight restrictions.

nightline:
Trolley dollys never make good real truck drivers i would think you will need a lot more than a sat nav to do the job you should think of going out with another driver for two weeks to show you the ropes best to be safe

Oh dear, hate to disappoint you chap, but i havn’t been a trolley dollie all my hgv career so i don’t need to be shown the ropes. I know exactly how to splice 'em and sheet 'em, thank you very much.

switchlogic:

as long as you have plenty of data. Even then google maps doesn’t account for bridges and restrictions

Copilot truck or aponia will do the same as any HGV satnav downloads the maps to your phone so none or very little data used if you use traffic

I got one of Chris sat nabs and it’s been fine works just as well as the Garmin I used to have yet £230 cheaper it’s like any sat nav though use it with a bit of common sense, if it wants you to go down a tight looking street either get out and have a look or double check on street view!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

obviously I have no idea how to post a pic.

This is the only puppy you will ever need.Becker 7sl Eu (truck)

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

Google maps for the 'last mile to the front door 'directions, combined with a Philips truckers atlas, to check the route for height and weight restrictions.

I don’t carry any paper maps myself. I just use Google. People worry too much about weight limits and low bridges, I don’t that often come across either and when I do I just leave the app calculate a new route

pickandmix:

switchlogic:

as long as you have plenty of data. Even then google maps doesn’t account for bridges and restrictions

You can download areas. Also it has satellite and street view which I think much more useful. Its great being able to suss out a destination before you arrive