Accrol Paper Blackburn

I understand the above tissue company has replaced their existing haulier,does anyone know who is taking the job on?

Know we were doing a fair bit same as tydlesley or whatever they’re called

have Fagan and whalley lost it ?

I honestly don’t know. I spoke to one of our lads based up there earlier and he heard nothing changing. I’m glad we put trucks up there it’s a crap job imo

HPH from Preston is the new haulier for accrol but Fagan and Whalley, TDS and NR Evans are still in there too

I wonder if HPH got the job because of their super cube type trailers to carry more for less?

I heard they lost a contract and needed more work so they undercut the other hauliers to take some of the work but don’t know if that is 100% true. I’m going up there this afternoon and I’ve been going for years so I know a lot of the drivers and warehouse staff

I’ve heard mixed stories and I can’t tell whether F&W have lost all the work they do there or if it’s just some of it. Rumours flying about at the moment I think.

I’ve been told today by a reliable source that F&W are coming out of accrol in the next couple of weeks and NFT who bought NR Evans are taking over from them

mm1988:
I’ve been told today by a reliable source that F&W are coming out of accrol in the next couple of weeks and NFT who bought NR Evans are taking over from them

That’s true mate. But I’ve been lead to believe they’ll be Evans trucks and trailers. We are owned by nft but still run in Evans colours. Although majority of new kit is plain. Apparently a new livery is coming that will have both company names on. At least that’s what our newsletter said other week.

I’m guessing NFT/Evans will be running the new distribution centre for accrol at Skelmersdale once its open then?

Not sure on that one. Doubt we will find the drivers. We don’t know what’s happening with us now they’ve took over. With our contracts etc

Evans will need to get a lot more units and trailers up there to cover the amount of work F&W were doing unless they sub it out to other hauliers. Also F&W had 2 shunters on every shift, I don’t think Nick will manage on his own with the volume of work they have taken on

Not sure how many subbies f and w used? I’m sure we will find a few drivers but like you say need to go and find the kit as well. It’s madness how much they’ve hired in recently at our yard. I’m sure we will ruin it like everything else we touch lol

Those premiums you had were a mess, every one of them had damage on it somewhere

That’s the same for the vast majority of the fleet as a whole mate. Carefree attitude sadly by a few drivers. But that’s life I guess. We had new trucks on hire with del mileage on. 2 didn’t get out yard without scratches dents and back of cab caved in.

It’s the same everywhere now mate, we have a few that don’t care and damage things

I see that in today’s local paper (10/11/17 Lancashire Telegraph) that Accrol are to start laying workers off due to a down turn in their work which no doubt will reduce the number of loads coming out of their plants.

It’s ■■■■ work anyway…roll on Friday… [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

F & W and TDS are still in there as of 4 weeks ago. I did a days shunting in there for HPH.

Easiest £15 per hour I’ve ever done :grimacing: Get 7 trailers unloaded and ■■■■ off home :wink: