They're not just using trucks to catch them

facebook.com/wasimahmedlond … 4056486899

Been doing it on buses in America for ages.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder what new concepts they are using to catch burglars, drug dealers or those pieces of ■■■■ that ■■■■■ your curtains and rob your diesel, with the same level of enthusiasm that they are applying to this eh? :unamused:
Easy options/■■■■ poor policing. :unamused:

Rather than slate the police, why don’t you research the stats and see how many with no insurance or no licence etc are taking off of the road due to these operations. Do some not realise that this is what this dept is budgeted for … and they have other sections such as robbery, burglary squad etc. they all have different remits to what they do in the force.

When you consider they take criminals off of the road how can it be a bad thing. If stupid drivers abide by the rules they wouldn’t be needed would they.

discoman:
Rather than slate the police, why don’t you research the stats and see how many with no insurance or no licence etc are taking off of the road due to these operations. Do some not realise that this is what this dept is budgeted for … and they have other sections such as robbery, burglary squad etc. they all have different remits to what they do in the force.

When you consider they take criminals off of the road how can it be a bad thing. If stupid drivers abide by the rules they wouldn’t be needed would they.

Noble sentiments, but the facts remain…

The operation on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday resulted in more than 130 motorists being caught.

Of those, 39 were using a mobile phone, 36 were pulled over for not wearing a seat belt and two vehicles were seized for not having insurance.

A further 53 drivers were reported for speeding and two more were arrested for drug driving.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … buses.html

Out of 130 drivers, only 4 were taken off the road. The priority is quite clearly to raise as much money as possible.

Now before you say anything, I’m not condoning speeding or phone use, IMO they’re a voluntary tax, but one so lucrative that law enforcement prioritises it. Or at very least seems to.

Captain Caveman 76:

discoman:

Noble sentiments, but the facts remain…

The operation on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday resulted in more than 130 motorists being caught.

Of those, 39 were using a mobile phone, 36 were pulled over for not wearing a seat belt and two vehicles were seized for not having insurance.

A further 53 drivers were reported for speeding and two more were arrested for drug driving.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … buses.html

Out of 130 drivers, only 4 were taken off the road. The priority is quite clearly to raise as much money as possible.

Now before you say anything, I’m not condoning speeding or phone use, IMO they’re a voluntary tax, but one so lucrative that law enforcement prioritises it. Or at very least seems to.

I completely hear, and ageee with you. But them cars are off of the road. The idiots who want to use a mobile, well get what they deserve. Speeding also kills. So if by issuing these drivers points for offences committed gets more numpties off of the road.

I would like, to see more of these operations in action

discoman:

Ok, but it would be nice to see an article in the paper reporting a Police crackdown on truck crime for instance, or a Police crackdown on burglaries, by these ‘‘other departments’’ that may change my opinions.

Maybe your apologist opinion of the Police would change if you came home one night to a robbed wrecked vandalised house, as my mate did last year.
After they gave you your crime number to wrap up and complete the investigation :unamused: , they would maybe say something like this.
‘‘We’re sorry we could not deal with the pondlife who trashed your home while you were out working, with all your valuables gone, but on the positive side we caught 10 motorists today not wearing seatbelts’’

robroy:

discoman:

Ok, but it would be nice to see an article in the paper reporting a Police crackdown on truck crime for instance, or a Police crackdown on burglaries, by these ‘‘other departments’’ that may change my opinions.

Maybe your apologist opinion of the Police would change if you came home one night to a robbed wrecked vandalised house, as my mate did last year.
After they gave you your crime number to wrap up and complete the investigation :unamused: , they would maybe say something like this.
‘‘We’re sorry we could not deal with the pondlife who trashed your home while you were out working, with all your valuables gone, but on the positive side we caught 10 motorists today not wearing seatbelts’’

To be fair to the police, they are trying to empty the bath with the tap running. Any scrote that they catch, is back out on the streets before the ink is dry on the charge sheet… the real problem is the ‘justice’ system.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

discoman:

To be fair to the police, they are trying to empty the bath with the tap running. Any scrote that they catch, is back out on the streets before the ink is dry on the charge sheet… the real problem is the ‘justice’ system.

Perhaps a few plod on the beat might act as a detergent? A bit like having jam sandwiches on the motorway, unfortunately most of the police vehicles I see on the motorway are unmarked ( they have their blue lights on, that’s how I know they’re plod). But like I keep saying, deterring crime doesn’t raise money, catching motorists does.

discoman:
Speeding also kills.

Don’t believe, swallow and regurgitate all the bs, hype, and snappy sound bites drip fed to you by the liberal ‘right on lefties’
Speed does not kill.
Inapproriate speed can, and does. :bulb:

Perhaps a few plod on the beat might act as a detergent? A bit like having jam sandwiches on the motorway, unfortunately most of the police vehicles I see on the motorway are unmarked ( they have their blue lights on, that’s how I know they’re plod). But like I keep saying, deterring crime doesn’t raise money, catching motorists does.

That would certainly clean up the mean streets…

The phone issue should be a 12 month ban instantly it’s has bad as drink driving.

JaxDemon:
The phone issue should be a 12 month ban instantly it’s has bad as drink driving.

Possibly even worse. At least a drunk is watching the road…

JaxDemon:

Another example. No it is not. Yet another Big Brother mantra by the powers that be.
If you drive while ■■■■■■ you are out of it, cloud 9, fearless, reckless, dangerous, liable to do any ■■■■■■■ thing you would not do if sober…
Talking on the phone is like listening to a good radio programme, talking to a passenger, singing along to AC DC, … a distraction in different degrees depending on how engrossed you are in the conversation.
Hands free is exactly the same btw, the only difference is you are driving with both hands…I drive with one hand more often than not, it’s just what I have done for years…with no disasters up to press.

Can I stress I neither drink drive, or hold a phone, I am just putting things into perspective and thinking things through instead of readily accepting and swallowing all the official rhetoric bs attempted to be fed to me.
Some of you should try it some time. :unamused:

robroy:

JaxDemon:

Another example. No it is not. Yet another Big Brother mantra by the powers that be.
If you drive while ■■■■■■ you are out of it, cloud 9, fearless, reckless, dangerous, liable to do any ■■■■■■■ thing you would not do if sober…
Talking on the phone is like listening to a good radio programme, talking to a passenger, singing along to AC DC, … a distraction in different degrees depending on how engrossed you are in the conversation.
Hands free is exactly the same btw, the only difference is you are driving with both hands…I drive with one hand more often than not, it’s just what I have done for years…with no disasters up to press.

Can I stress I neither drink drive, or hold a phone, I am just putting things into perspective and thinking things through instead of readily accepting and swallowing all the official rhetoric bs attempted to be fed to me.

Nope sorry but that’s just ■■■■■■■■.

Talking via Bluetooth/hands free acceptable to some degree.

Having a device in your hand, looking down at it. Tapping away on it. Replying to texts or Facebook being distracted and not paying attention is has bad as drink driving. Your reaction times will be the same as being drunk because you are not paying attention.

I’ve seen what carnage playing on a phone can have for one person and it was lucky he never took anyone with him from the right hand lane all across the others into the hard should and up the embankment and hitting a tree at 70mph and flipping his car. He’s lucky to be alive.

Motorway closed and air ambulance called out all because he was too engrossed in his phone. He will have learned his lesson that’s for sure. 6 points just means they’ll carry on doing it because they can.

Take away the power to even do it a 2nd time the lesson will be learned.

I gota be honest, I dont care if they do prioritise mobile use whilst driving type offences.
I see loads of it and its usually girls /women that are to dam ignorant of the law or who believe they will never be in an accident through using their phone whilst driving.
Like the onse I see with the phone in their lap scrolling through music or writing a text whilst in lane 2 of the M5 or the A30 etc.
Arrogant, ignorant, stupid little ■■■■■■■. These are the worst type, atleast white van man is looking at the road whilst he talks on the phone!

the nodding donkey:

JaxDemon:

Possibly even worse. At least a drunk is watching the road…

Lol only just seen this.

JaxDemon:

robroy:

JaxDemon:

Nope sorry but that’s just [zb].

Talking via Bluetooth/hands free acceptable to some degree.

Having a device in your hand, looking down at it. Tapping away on it. Replying to texts or Facebook being distracted and not paying attention is has bad as drink driving. Your reaction times will be the same as being drunk because you are not paying attention.

I’ve seen what carnage playing on a phone can have for one person and it was lucky he never took anyone with him from the right hand lane all across the others into the hard should and up the embankment and hitting a tree at 70mph and flipping his car. He’s lucky to be alive.

Motorway closed and air ambulance called out all because he was too engrossed in his phone. He will have learned his lesson that’s for sure. 6 points just means they’ll carry on doing it because they can.

Take away the power to even do it a 2nd time the lesson will be learned.

Ok texting facebook looking down with zero attention to driving, and all that crap is bad…end of.
I can also give you an example, of a young girl texting and ending up under the front end of my mate’s front bumper dead I have mentioned it before on here.

Point is, mine and your example is the far end of the spectrum, having a conversation and the distraction that goes with that is another case entirely and can not be likened to driving over the limit…that is where people get carried away.

Now whether that is as you say ■■■■, or not is a point we will have to agree to differ on.

robroy:

JaxDemon:

common sense has become a rare beast hasn’t it?

Motorists will always be seen as a cash cow, regardless…

It was said on here that truckers are their own worst enemy, right…?

Well so are car drivers…

So I think the government will take full advantage of them / us…