The Fox Colsterworth

Was in here last night and got chatting to Sarah. It can hold 30-35 trucks, but at the moment, it is averaging 15-16. The parking area is under constant CCTV.
There is a lad who is doing parking/security from 17.00 to 22.00. If we can raise the numbers to 20, then the security will be 17.00 to 05.00.
If the numbers stay at around 15, then the Fox will close, as it is not viable.
This will be another truck-stop gone.
They take Snap. cash/card , fuel card etc.
Get inside and for £7.00 you will get your meal and a drink.
Let’s try to save the Fox.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Was in here last night and got chatting to Sarah. It can hold 30-35 trucks, but at the moment, it is averaging 15-16. The parking area is under constant CCTV.
There is a lad who is doing parking/security from 17.00 to 22.00. If we can raise the numbers to 20, then the security will be 17.00 to 05.00.
If the numbers stay at around 15, then the Fox will close, as it is not viable.
This will be another truck-stop gone.
They take Snap. cash/card , fuel card etc.
Get inside and for £7.00 you will get your meal and a drink.
Let’s try to save the Fox.

I’ve done my bit! Used it last month one eve when killing time on the A1 on standby to be within call range for work. Had a meal. Have to say the meal I chose wasn’t all that and the place could do with a refresh inside when they get some spare moolah, but I like the place and used it years ago on the trucks. friendly if one thing. Didn’t overnight, obviously as don’t fancy sleeping in the car boot. Mind you, it is an estate :laughing:

They probably struggle due to past problems. I’ve only stopped on there once, in 2003. Food was poor, the shower cost extra and was like an old farm out building, used for storage and was the worst shower I’ve ever used. Absolutely disgusting. And I woke up to 4 smiles each side of my curtains. I’ll never use it again for these reasons. I’ll always push on or stop short for Newark in that neck of the woods. No other Truckstop on that stretch comes close imo. Mud sticks I’m afraid

Didn’t this get a real bad reputation a few years ago,and running a knocking shop upstairs■■?
Might have the wrong place but I’m sure it was the fox

Stopped there once, boss wasn’t happy! In his defence it is less then 3 miles from our yard! :blush:

yorkshire terrier:
Didn’t this get a real bad reputation a few years ago,and running a knocking shop upstairs■■?
Might have the wrong place but I’m sure it was the fox

Think that one was swingers. Alconbury had the brasses

YES it did have a reputation. Girls etc. This has all changed.
Sarah has run it for the last 3 years. Showers and toilets are cleaned every morning, and there is provision for you female drivers.
There is also a “free” breakfast of tea/coffee and either crumpets (gotta be up early) or toast.
Just give it a try, you will be surprised at what it is.
If we don’t then it will be lost.
BTW I have no interest in the Fox other than trying to keep it open.

OVLOV JAY:
They probably struggle due to past problems. I’ve only stopped on there once, in 2003. Food was poor, the shower cost extra and was like an old farm out building, used for storage and was the worst shower I’ve ever used. Absolutely disgusting. And I woke up to 4 smiles each side of my curtains. I’ll never use it again for these reasons. I’ll always push on or stop short for Newark in that neck of the woods. No other Truckstop on that stretch comes close imo. Mud sticks I’m afraid

So you think that nothing has changed in the last 14 years?

SWEDISH BLUE:

OVLOV JAY:

So you think that nothing has changed in the last 14 years?

I’m not saying that. It’s a case of once bitten twice shy. Most drivers have their favourites, and Newark is at the top of my list.

SWEDISH BLUE:
YES it did have a reputation. Girls etc. This has all changed.
Sarah has run it for the last 3 years. Showers and toilets are cleaned every morning, and there is provision for you female drivers.
There is also a “free” breakfast of tea/coffee and either crumpets (gotta be up early) or toast.
Just give it a try, you will be surprised at what it is.
If we don’t then it will be lost.
BTW I have no interest in the Fox other than trying to keep it open.

let the tarts back in and the place will be busting to the seams…no contest.

never been in…but go past the Fox most days on my way home from loading up on Honeypot Lane.- hope it survives.

Used it recently. Cracking place. Really looks after drivers. Clean and friendly. Tea n toast for drivers in a morning. Just help yourself. Puts other places to shame.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

This is from Sarah, direct from the horses mouth

So the latest news at the fox the carpark should be done as soon as it dries up but I’m putting it out there that I’m giving it one last go to keep this truckstop going at present we have alot of good reviews just not enough lorries so let’s get the word out there and get them in I have a good lot of drivers in and would hate to close so come on let’s get on it and keep ma in her chair lol

been past it many times, dirty muddy parking if i remember, just like J15 at northampton…anyway i dont want to see truck stops closing, and alconbury i think is the latest to close, so as they say…Use it…or lose it. BTW it does seem that Sarah is trying her best to tidy things up, clean showers etc, and free tea and crumpet ( thought you said she had got rid of them ha ha ) anyway, you cant put down because of what happened years ago. I dont use truck stops overnight as i run on foreign plates and i cant knock them…otherwise i would.

I often used to drive past and stay elsewhere but now whenever i’m in the area I will always stay at The Fox. IMHO it is far better that Colsterworth Truck Stop.

OK, It’s not quite in the same league as Lesmahagow or Chippenham… YET, but if you’re after friendly staff, good quality grub and a lot of friendly banter then you cannot go wrong at The Fox. Sarah, Carly, Nanna and the rest are doing a cracking job but as the OP points out, it’ll not stay afloat forever.

As for the parking area, it’s OK at the min and it’s going to get better very soon. Which is more than you can say for Kate’s Cabin. That was like a bloody moto-x track the other day.

If you’ve not tried The Fox, give it a go. If you don’t like it, then don’t go back. I’ll have a good wager that you probably will return.

Not stoped there but been told there is tarts there, if they are I might give a try lol a nice Romanian 18 year old with big baboons fir a nice soapy ■■■ tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a serious note, with alconbury closed they should smarten it up and put signs up because it looks closed, colsterworth is close by so you might as well go there

I’m giving it a go next week if I’m down there, didn’t kno they did snap,

I’ll make an effort to try it out as soon as I can

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cant comment on the Fox as i dont live there but any stop with mud is a strict no no, mud on my durabrites and silicone slicked tyres is one thing but mud on my flip flops is another…