Just Eat/Hungry House etc

New fleet arrived but no microwave fitted for the trampers. When asked what we do for an evening meal now if we are parked up in country layby, TM said get on line on our mobiles and get one of the above to deliver.

Anyone do this? Never used them myself so have no idea how it works. For example, how do they find you? I don’t know where I am meself half the time…

Bloke I’m in contact with has done this once or twice. Orders a curry lol. Good job he had cutlery in his bag mind.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brilliant! :unamused:

There are plenty of jobs advertised stating the wage, INCLUDING the night out money within that wage. Not surprising really, as without the night out money the wage would be dire…

So to save the firm a few quid (over the life of the truck) the employers are now saying you HAVE to spend it just to survive… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yeah, I understand why there’s a driver shortage now! :open_mouth:

I’ve ordered take aways, I imagine it’s just the same. When you’re on the phone just say to them you’re in a truck, describe it (it’s red with a blue trailer e.g…) and tell them the reg and keep an eye out for them.

Can’t you just use a stove for cooking, or buy your own microwave? Not that you should need to of course.

A.

Evil8Beezle:
So to save the firm a few quid (over the life of the truck) the employers are now saying you HAVE to spend it just to survive… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What do you think the purpose of night out money is? Its to pay for food when you night out which is why its classed as a subsistence allowance.

I swear lorry driving is like a magnet for the stupid.

Did it last year when staying on a campsite, just explained that we would meet the delivery driver at the site gate…

And we’ve just ordered a ‘Thursday night special’, curry for tonight… :sunglasses:

Conor:

Evil8Beezle:

What do you think the purpose of night out money is? Its to pay for food when you night out which is why its classed as a subsistence allowance.

Well if you keep fighting to get to the front of the queue mate… :wink:
Can you not process multiple aspects of a point together? :open_mouth:
i.e. Did I not say that a lot of jobs are being advertised INCLUDING the night out money as part of the salary? :unamused:

But yes you’re right, some drivers are just thick… :laughing:

I used to deliver chinese takeaways in a former life.

Had quiet a few orders to the trading estate about 1/2 mile from the shop. It used to say (insert colour) truck on trading estate with a contact number.

Just get them to give you a ring when they get near.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

While it seems you can order take away food to you cab, why should you?

I’m sure the cost of adding a microwave to the spec of a truck, is negligible compared to the total cost of a new truck or added to the lease cost and if you were ordering several could be part of a deal.
by the sounds of it the accountants have got their mucky little hands on it and were no doubt totally cockahoop when they could present a cost saving of x amount.

Personally I’d use a stove, if they ban that on H&S grounds then tell them having a take away every night is hardly a healthy diet, and could be considered detrimental to your long term health.

Conor:

I agree, I think the same every time I read your signature.You ought to join a science-based forum and use it there, I’m sure they would appreciate a lorry driver’s input. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just Eat/Hungry House are to be avoided in my opinion. In my experience, the best takeaways in the area don’t need to be on them.

Also, you could be ordering from a right dirty ■■■■ hole & you have no idea. Just look at the amount of scabby looking takeways you would never normally step foot in with ‘Just Eat’ stickers in the window…

Conor:

Evil8Beezle:

But also usually dressed up as part of the wages when the employer is selling you the job…

rob22888:
But also usually dressed up as part of the wages when the employer is selling you the job…

Absolutely! Why else would you not want to be in your own bed?

puggy:
New fleet arrived but no microwave fitted for the trampers. When asked what we do for an evening meal now if we are parked up in country layby, TM said get on line on our mobiles and get one of the above to deliver.

Anyone do this? Never used them myself so have no idea how it works. For example, how do they find you? I don’t know where I am meself half the time…

Get a gas stove and tip it over oops…! Your TM is the typical ■■■■ who’ll be sitting at home with a lovely home cooked meal while telling you to eat shi…!

rob22888:
Just Eat/Hungry House are to be avoided in my opinion. In my experience, the best takeaways in the area don’t need to be on them.

Also, you could be ordering from a right dirty [zb] hole & you have no idea. Just look at the amount of scabby looking takeways you would never normally step foot in with ‘Just Eat’ stickers in the window…

How many have you ordered to your can to form an opinion?
I guess none.
I’ve used both and they come in handy on a 15 in middle of nowhere when you’ve no supplies which does happen.
Get the number of shop of choice, give them your registration and job done.

Buy your own microwave and little gas stove, the ones with a single burner which fold up into a small case are ideal and the small aerosol canisters last a good while.
I always cook my own food, as well as saving money its going to be far more hygienic than most takeaways will ever be, an healthier too without all the added salt and msg they always heap into food.
Goes without saying though, NEVER use the gas stove inside the cab and always disconnect the gas canister valve after use…

I was told when on for Richard Long that cooking either by gas or microwave was a big no no in his trucks !! yea that’s half bloody well right as sometimes I was away for up the three weeks if I never had much on at home, they even went so far as telling me I couldn’t eat fish an chips in the wagon cos the smell got into the fabric … needless to say I took no notice.

AndrewG:
Goes without saying though, NEVER use the gas stove inside the cab and always disconnect the gas canister valve after use…

I did use one inside the cab but never knew the ‘O’ ring was broken between the canister and the stove, the gas leaked into the footwell and when I went to ignite the stove the gas caught and momentarily I was engulfed in yellow flames. No real injuries apart from fright though :slight_smile:

Back when we could pack up on south side of Forth Bridge at Queensferry often ordered a chinese to be delivered to the lorry park.

raymundo:

AndrewG:

I did use one inside the cab but never knew the ‘O’ ring was broken between the canister and the stove, the gas leaked into the footwell and when I went to ignite the stove the gas caught and momentarily I was engulfed in yellow flames. No real injuries apart from fright though :slight_smile:

Right from when i started out at 21years old at Jack Richards ive always been very careful with the gas stove. There was a guy there (cant remember his correct name but went by the nick name Gunner) whose gas stove exploded and very badly burnt his face, the truck he was in being ERF went up in flames… :open_mouth:
The O ring you mention is an important thing on the check list…