Wheeler Dealers.

Well I’m sorry to see the the big fella go but when you listen to his reasons it sounds like they’ve ripped the heart out of the show. :frowning:

cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ … ure/131783

TiredAndEmotional:
Well I’m sorry to see the the big fella go but when you listen to his reasons it sounds like they’ve ripped the heart out of the show. :frowning:

cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ … ure/131783

I don’t get why they needed to take a British car programme that was all about the Brit/Euro car scene and transfer it to America when they’ve already got plenty of good US ones over there of their own with Fat and Furious being one of the best.Hopefully Ed will set up something along the lines of a Brit classics restoration Youtube channel.

Yeah that’s it for me. Only worked with EC. The septic production company got hold of it along with their pea brains and wanted to back off the workshop stuff.

American production companies incorrectly think all Americans don’t like learning things which is crap, they’re just never given the choice on tv. It’s either high drama, deep dramatic voice overs, non heads reading scripts or load some of commercial placements. You just got to see that crap about Boyds hot rod series of that dross about Orange County choppers. What do you learn on that? Square root of nowt.

Shows done now Ed has gone.

Carryfast:
plenty of good US ones over there of their own with Fat and Furious being one of the best.Hopefully Ed will set up something along the lines of a Brit classics restoration Youtube channel.

I’d like to know what good ones they are as their tv content quality is so appllaing I no longer turn it on when I’m there :smiley:

Freight Dog:

Carryfast:
plenty of good US ones over there of their own with Fat and Furious being one of the best.Hopefully Ed will set up something along the lines of a Brit classics restoration Youtube channel.

I’d like to know what good ones they are as their tv content quality is so appllaing I no longer turn it on when I’m there :smiley:

Seek out a show on Nerflix called “Roadkill”

For a yank show those guys proper get into it. Like changing an engine in a car park of a parts shop so they didnt have to go far when they needed extra fittings and stuff.
Do some mad road trips aswell.

Wheelers did go down hill when they went to 'Mericia though.

These guys?

Freight Dog:

Carryfast:

:smiley:

The 1,000 hp Belvedere episode was an all time great programme.

youtube.com/watch?v=AWaTnQHIvTs

rearaxle:
These guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOhl6oVpEes&list=PL12C0C916CECEA3BC&index=8

The very ones…

Like a Top gear special meets Wheeler Dealers in a pure budget Redneck style.

Very entertaining.

Ed is indeed a talented and knowledgeable chap.

Yet again cash comes before integrity :imp: Hope he enjoys his next endeavour.

It won’t be the same without Edd, and I agree the show took a downward turn with the Americanising of it. As usual a production company rips the arse out of what was a thorough entertaining programme, and dumbs it down for extra profit. Corner cutting strikes again :frowning:

As my Wife always used to say to me…

“I love Wheeler Dealers, I just can’t stand that fat gobby one” :laughing:

Edd leaves Wheeler Dealers, last week “The Bearded Wonder” Aaron Kauffman left Gas Monkey Garage on Fast and Loud. Both talented people who are leaving because chasing money got put first at the expense of everything. In Aaron’s case he got fed up of being expected to churn out top end cars every two weeks, in Edd’s its because as was said Mike Brewer and the Discovery Channel thought it would be great to go to the US and produce a ■■■■■■■■■■■ sanitised version of the show which neither worked in the USA because its flooded with them nor worked in the UK because the atmosphere of the show was alien.

The daddy of them all Boyd Coddington went the same way with all his best staff leaving because he wanted to churn out cars at a stupid rate expecting his staff to work 24hrs a day all to chase the dollar.

Conor:
The daddy of them all Boyd Coddington went the same way with all his best staff leaving because he wanted to churn out cars at a stupid rate expecting his staff to work 24hrs a day all to chase the dollar.

Some of Boyd’s ex employees make appearances on Overhaullin with Chip Foose.

Wheeler Dealers ■■■■■■ me off when Mike started pricing things in dollars.

What a shame. Ed China is one of the few TV bods I’ve ever thought that I’d like to go for a beer with.

As a hobby mechanic, it is the detailed workshop stuff that appeals to me the most.

wood fuel:
What a shame. Ed China is one of the few TV bods I’ve ever thought that I’d like to go for a beer with.

As a hobby mechanic, it is the detailed workshop stuff that appeals to me the most.

Something along the lines of a TV series featuring Guy Martin and Ed China working together on a project/s for entry in the grass roots classic car racing scene might be interesting and then following their fortunes through the season.There’s loads of scope within the CSCC’s race series for whatever they might choose to build in that regard. :bulb:

Reef:
As my Wife always used to say to me…

“I love Wheeler Dealers, I just can’t stand that fat gobby one” :laughing:

I was going to say he really annoyed me[mike brewer]but your wife got it right,his gbh of the ear hole really peed me off