Tyres bulging..

Just hooked up to tilt for return to Malaga and checking the trailer thought the tyres were bulging somewhat. Its loaded with high carbon iron/alloy blocks (used in casting which we take to a foundry near Granada). Paperwork states a total of 7350 blocks weighing 30,365kg. Take it down the road to the weighbridge we sometimes use and im grossing 51660kg! Its only been brought from Olso like this… another job well done… :confused:

Haha isnt perfect! I used to take trailers like that in Stockholm from the train from Oslo and take them to the ferry to Finland. And yes they were that heavy to but had 6x2 unit so not to bad… Hmm come to think of it i had my Volvo F10 320hp so it was kinda bad :open_mouth:

Danne

Just a wee tad heavy what did you do leave it or run with it.

Colin_scottish:

Yes, what did you do? We know you are quite happy to bend the rules, but how far ?
Regards. John.

Make sure all the tyres are pumped up, negotiate a ‘special fee’ with the trailer firm and off you go.

That’s only a part load.

You’ve done it now, all the self-righteous sad sacks will be out in force bleating about how you’re an evil rule breaking cowboy who won’t think of the children.

A.

Colin_scottish:

Popped into Irun and topped up with groupage?? :grimacing:

Adonis.:
You’ve done it now, all the self-righteous sad sacks will be out in force bleating about how you’re an evil rule breaking cowboy who won’t think of the children.

A.

Nah, we already knew that… :grimacing:

billybigrig:

Colin_scottish:

Popped into Irun and topped up with groupage?? :grimacing:

Cant have any gaps now :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Plenty of room on top.

Adonis.:

A.

I probably am seen as your description A. I do think of the children but most of all kittens…if no kittens were harmed blah blah… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:
Plenty of room on top.

Exactly… as there was plenty of room on top i filled up the gap with groupage…managed to get 26 bulk bags on top and to wedge it all in well a load of steel girders on top of that lot. Plus…as i only had around 800 l in the tank, brimmed it with another 680 litres…job done… :wink:

I was once pulled into the weigh point just after Guadix and got an eyewatering fine for very overweight.
Was driving a uk rented 7.5 t with a mates house in, he decided to chance it on doing one trip instead of the two it needed but regretted it big time when he had to pay the bill.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Surely you’re not 21 t empty with an old NFL tilt are you? We often load 30 t loads and gross out at just under 47, the R410 Scanny handles it very well so no prob for you’re 16, blow it on mate!

short walk:
Surely you’re not 21 t empty with an old NFL tilt are you? We often load 30 t loads and gross out at just under 47, the R410 Scanny handles it very well so no prob for you’re 16, blow it on mate!

Im around 16500kg with a VanHool tilt and 1480 litres of fuel. Its the paperwork thats way out.
I dont have the FH16 yet, around another 2months wait. My FH13 500 remapped to approx 570 does the job well though and pulls like a train. Cant believe sometimes when i look back, my little F7 with its 6.7l engine and all of 224hp often grossed 40t and did ok (ish) on the flat, any gradient killed it though… :wink:

Come on Andrew, put us out of our misery…did you take it ( like a man ) lol…or offload some of it…well the steel girders at least…ha ha …have a safe trip back home mate, and hope you enjoyed the UK.

truckyboy:
Come on Andrew, put us out of our misery…did you take it ( like a man ) lol…or offload some of it…well the steel girders at least…ha ha …have a safe trip back home mate, and hope you enjoyed the UK.

Thanks mate, yeah trip to the UK went fine :wink: . Well…did consider taking it but offloaded a couple of blocks. My place arent unknown for loading to the hilt but dragging that back in the yard would have been in the top ten on the weight chart we unofficially have… :grimacing:

I used to work for a scum bag outfit at Mendlesham years ago ( till I saw the light) and was told to pick up two 20 ft boxes, which they said might be a bit heavy for my 32 to wagon and drag, too bloody right they were when I went on the weighbridge at the tip … 47 ton !! :frowning:

raymundo:
I used to work for a scum bag outfit at Mendlesham years ago ( till I saw the light) and was told to pick up two 20 ft boxes, which they said might be a bit heavy for my 32 to wagon and drag, too bloody right they were when I went on the weighbridge at the tip … 47 ton !! :frowning:

When i was in the UK i used to load out of there but cant remember the name of the company. What was it Raymundo?. There used to be several places on that site though inc a garden centre supplier if i remember rightly…