Nights driving time

Please advice I’ve landed a job working nights for a bit although it’s only three thank god but I start at 1800 hrs and normally finish at 09.oo so am I right in thinking my driving time starts at 1800 hrs I’m confused as when I do a print out its showing me from 00.00 hours so having to do two print outs and add them both up which is correct … must say it’s a lot harder working nights it plays with your head lol

t29sab:
Please advice I’ve landed a job working nights for a bit although it’s only three thank god but I start at 1800 hrs and normally finish at 09.oo so am I right in thinking my driving time starts at 1800 hrs

Your driving time starts when you start driving just like when you’re on days :confused:

Also if you’re doing 15 hour shifts you can only do 3 between weekly rest periods unless you’re having split daily rest peirods.

t29sab:
I’m confused as when I do a print out its showing me from 00.00 hours so having to do two print outs and add them both up which is correct

I’m not sure if the Stoneridge tachograph works the same but on the Siemens digital tachograph when you eject the card you’re asked if you want a printout, select yes and you’ll get a printout for the entire shift

If you do a printout at any other time it will start at 00:00 so you’ll need 2 printouts for the shift.

Having said that there’s no legal requirement to do a printout at-all unless you need to record a deviation from the regulations.

tachograph:

t29sab:
Please advice I’ve landed a job working nights for a bit although it’s only three thank god but I start at 1800 hrs and normally finish at 09.oo so am I right in thinking my driving time starts at 1800 hrs

Your driving time starts when you start driving just like when you’re on days :confused:

Also if you’re doing 15 hour shifts you can only do 3 between weekly rest periods unless you’re having split daily rest peirods.

t29sab:
I’m confused as when I do a print out its showing me from 00.00 hours so having to do two print outs and add them both up which is correct

I’m not sure if the Stoneridge tachograph works the same but on the Siemens digital tachograph when you eject the card you’re asked if you want a printout, select yes and you’ll get a printout for the entire shift

If you do a printout at any other time it will start at 00:00 so you’ll need 2 printouts for the shift.

Having said that there’s no legal requirement to do a printout at-all unless you need to record a deviation from the regulations.

Many thanks for your time and help cheers

tachograph:

t29sab:

t29sab:

Cheers for that, didn’t know… usually do the menu option and print yesterday and today’s when working nights and it does split it at 00:00.
I do printouts after every shift which I keep (being a limper and in and out of all sorts of wagons) just in case someone tries to point a Police NIP my way some time in the future.

andy_s:
I do printouts after every shift which I keep (being a limper and in and out of all sorts of wagons) just in case someone tries to point a Police NIP my way some time in the future.

No need to mate, any information that you can get from a printout can be accessed from your digi card at ant time in the future.

Unless you’re a milkman (starting and stopping every 20 feet) I guarantee that your card will hold and store well over 120 days worth of activities.

Edit to add; I’ve no idea why that quoted Andy as having written that, it was intended for the o/p.

15 hour nightshifts that catch both rush hours. Jesus wept, and to think that there are people in the industry who scratch their heads wondering why they can’t attract younger lads in. Rather you then me fella.

15 hour a night stuff that just 9 off feeding sleeping traveling to and from, zombie driver!

As above, don’t think much of a company that sends you out for 15 hour nightshifts! I’m assuming you can get the head down for a few hours during your shift?

dave_k:
As above, don’t think much of a company that sends you out for 15 hour nightshifts! I’m assuming you can get the head down for a few hours during your shift?

can you even do that? thought night work was more restricted but not looked into it recently

Imp:
15 hour a night stuff that just 9 off feeding sleeping traveling to and from, zombie driver!

Not what id choose to do but…its only three shifts a week, probably would start to get to you by the third one but quite easily doable…

Used to work for a container company that day drivers seemed to work 15hours and so did the night shift I worked on .
Trucks were double shifted but what gets me is there never has been 30 hours in a day then they wondered why deliveries were up to 6 hours late.