Night out on the M4 in lane one

Stationary traffic due to an accident, I sat there for 20 minutes.
The traffic starts to move again, but a car transporter driver had fell asleep in lane one, nobody beeped him to wake him up.
Poor chap in drivers seat with jaw hanging down in deep slumber .
Between Swindon and Chippenham today.

I did that on the North Circular a few years ago… :blush:

He could have fallen asleep or had a medical emergency you never know. A quick blast on the horn would have helped if he had just fallen asleep. That’s one of the issues I had on shunting. Seeing driver slumped over the wheel while waiting or being tipped. It’s not nice waking them up but god forbid it was an actual medical issue and someone was left sitting there dead when a quick check could have saved their life.
You just never know and with the trucking fraternity being stressed out a lot not to mention poor diet lack of exercise and people being overweight etc ( a lot of us are comes with the job to a degree) it is always a worry when you see someone that looks like they are sleeping and then thinking what if?.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

yep done that a couple times, end up feeling a right prat when I wake up :blush:

Only been on the job about 2 years, already fallen asleep in many places i probably shouldn’t have :blush:

I was tired and pulled in to a layby for a power nap .
I left the engine running .
I woke up in a panic thinking i was driving and leaped in to the drivers seat to bang on the brakes .
A truck had parked in front of me in the layby.
I thought I was going to crash in to it, but obviously not, the mind playing tricks .

On a slightly different note, a mate who used to do euro once told me that he got so engrossed watching a football match at a school during a hold up that when he looked around all the traffic in front of him had disappeared - and he was on a single carriageway. :smiley:

TiredAndEmotional:

Me too when I was running day and night for a certain Dutch company. Traffic in Dartford, handbrake on woke up don’t know how long later to find no traffic at all! NO ONE beeped!

toby1234abc:
I was tired and pulled in to a layby for a power nap .
I left the engine running .
I woke up in a panic thinking i was driving and leaped in to the drivers seat to bang on the brakes .
A truck had parked in front of me in the layby.
I thought I was going to crash in to it, but obviously not, the mind playing tricks .

Yep, been there, done that :smiley:

switchlogic:

TiredAndEmotional:

Me too when I was running day and night for a certain Dutch company. Traffic in Dartford, handbrake on woke up don’t know how long later to find no traffic at all! NO ONE beeped!

That’s the british to polite to disturb a sleeping driver.
Anyone woke up to see truck at side of you pulling away only to jump up and dive for handbrake that’s scary.

Fell asleep on the pad at KG5 one morning… no bugger woke me up :angry: