Daf xf105 water

My 2012 plate XF510 has developed some sort of water issue down the front nearside of the cab. When the engine gets warmed up there just sounds like water is flowing around somewhere down the nearside of the cab and then when you take foot of the throttle it sounds just as though it is running back somehow?

I first put it down to the fact that I’d had the water pump replaced and that perhaps there was an airlock somewhere but it’s showed no signs of going away after a couple of months and I’m starting to wonder if it’s perhaps something more sinister?

The truck itself hasn’t really been using a great deal of water, perhaps 0.5 - 1 litre a week but last week I put nearer 2 litres in it. The truck itself has done just over 1 million k’s but had an engine rebuild at 270k so it’s done about 750k’s since then.

Has anyone had any similar problems or can make any suggestions as to what the sound of flowing and flushing water is please?

Cheers
Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this up as no replies so far.

could it be coming from the radiator itself ?..had something similar a many years ago, and was told it was an airlock in the rad, and was advised to put a small piece of pipe in the top of the rad whilst filling it,m it worked for me. If i was you, i would be returning to the workshop for an inspection, especially if the gurgling noises wasnt there before the water pump was fitted…worth a try.

Could it be the air conditioning?

Any signs of leaking round the water pump. Does sound like it’s maybe sucking air into the system.

is it blowing the water out the overflow? is there a lot of pressure in the header tank?

the nodding donkey:
Could it be the air conditioning?

The Actros that I drive makes similar sounds and I have been assured that it’s the air con causing it.

I find it quite comforting actually as it matches and masks the sounds that my lower intestines make.

Thanks for all the replies guys, been sat on a farm with no signal all night so just reading them now.

The only visible leak is the air conditioning as far as I can see. As far as pressure in the header tank, there is a slight bit of pressure after being parked up for 14 hours but I wouldn’t say it was major pressure and it’s not blowing water out of the cap. In almost sure it must be something to do with the water pump but not sure how or even if it’s possible to bleed the system?

Matt.

have a look at the front righthand side of the engine as the water pump is there and see if there is any rusty water lines as this will give an indication if the water pump is at fault