What agency pays 1k a week take home?

Bloke on another forum I frequent seems to think he knows of agency drivers clearing 1k A WEEK!! :laughing:
Is he talking complete ■■■■■ or is it possible?

Gembo:
Bloke on another forum I frequent seems to think he knows of agency drivers clearing 1k A WEEK!! :laughing:
Is he talking complete [zb] or is it possible?

I’ve grossed over that, but only by doing almost 2 weeks work in one…

1k take home is over £75,000 a year, what do you think?

Gembo:

Anything can be possible, weekend nights can be profitable, highest sunday night iv’e actually had was £26 per hour and paid for 14 hours, £364 for 1 shift, other night shifts were £19.50 per 12 hour shift,£234 for 5 other shifts gross £1534, net £1033.
Jobs like that are very few and far between and don’t last long. but when they come it would be rude to not milk it, god only knows what the company was paying the agency per sunday night hour, but they could afford it.

Gembo:

He’s either talking bollox or he’s an idiot who can’t keep his trap shut! I’ll go for talking bollox although I’d say it’s possible but unlikely.

Talking complete bollox is always favourite… :grimacing:

Yes…

It’s possible but, the herd simply won’t believe it.

I’m PAYE now and dissolved my Ltd company some 5 or 6 years ago. Back then in the Leeds/Wakey/Donny areas I charged £11 for the first 8 hours and £16.50 for all hours after that. Sundays I billed at £18 ph right through although some jobs I did paid up to £25ph. So, a good Sunday shift of 14 hours would bring in £252, 40 hours at 11 is £440 then OT rates midweek for12 hours at £16.50 makes you £330 total out £1022 stick the VAT on at 15% as it was back then gives you £1,1753 invoiced. I knew two other drivers who worked the same systems for the same agencies. I’ve worked Sundays paid at over £300 because things went belly up and I had to be rescued from service areas and lay-bys etc. It was never in my interests to do the job quickly and I never did night outs. If you got a Sunday and a Bank Holiday Monday it was possible to invoice nearly £500 for those shifts alone.

Those rates were personal to the agency, two good mates who were also Ltd and my accountant. I still have one buddy who is Ltd in the Golden Triangle billing in over a grand every week. When I went Ltd, I simply told the agencies what my rates were, the phone didn’t ring much to start with but over time, the work came in at a steady pace and the invoices were paid weekly. Every year my accountant would tally everything up, move things around and send it all off to HMRC, they issued a demand for corporation tax based on the figures presented, I sent them a cheque and everyone was happy.

I couldn’t charge those rates where I am now and I don’t believe the one man band Ltd company model works any more or is even legit.

Back then no one believed it and I didn’t care and nowadays I still don’t care.

Cheers fellas. Thought pretty much the same in that its maybe possible but you’d have to be seriously maxing out your hours to do it.

Gembo:
Cheers fellas. Thought pretty much the same in that its maybe possible but you’d have to be seriously maxing out your hours to do it.

it’s called making hay while the sun shines.

Ares:

52 weeks in a year X £1,000 = £52,000. :grimacing: 40 % higher tax rate would just be around £72,800 ish. Most would be self employed/ sole trader/ Ltd invoicing same agency. :grimacing:

It is achievable :sunglasses: I’ve invoiced several agencies £1,200 many a week, but most talk ■■■■■■■■. :smiley: I hope this helps, ciao for now. :wink:

2005 I was invoicing at £14 an hour in East Yorks so it is certainly not beyond the realms of belief. Also remember just before the recession there was 2 large billboards at the side of the M1 just after Catthorpe Interchange agencies advertising for work at DIRFT guaranteeing £900 a week with free accommodation.

Plus at the very least legal maximum hours with a 45 knocked off is 85.5 hours in a week x judging by what some drivers claim what they are on an hour equates to £1500 @ £17.50 per hour.

weeto:
Plus at the very least legal maximum hours with a 45 knocked off is 85.5 hours in a week x judging by what some drivers claim what they are on an hour equates to £1500 @ £17.50 per hour.

I make the max 84 hours (3x15 + 3x13)

If firms can afford to pay these parasites similar rates mentioned, to supply drivers, with enough left over for them to cream off their bung, why can they not pay drivers a decent rate direct, and ■■■■ them off away from the industry for good. :bulb:

robroy:
If firms can afford to pay these parasites similar rates mentioned, to supply drivers, with enough left over for them to cream off their bung, why can they not pay drivers a decent rate direct, and [zb] them off away from the industry for good. :bulb:

That question has been asked many many times, but no one seems to know the answer.

After 5 years on agency, the only £1000 a week work I ever even saw - was driving the puddle jumpers for parcel delivery firms without tachos in them for 6x15 hour shifts per week. Even taking home £1000 for 90 hours a week graft - is barely £11 per hour FFS. A regular £30-£40k job takes home more than that, if you scale it to an hourly rate equivalent… And you get breaks with a proper job too!

billybigrig:

So he implies he drives the firm’s truck & trailer, and they let him at it with PPE lacking by the looks of it.
Tescos are pretty strict on hours compliance too, so there’s no way they’d let you do more than 60 hours.
That then suggests that we’re talking about an agency that pays about £16.60ph to their self-employed contract drivers.
This is obtainable - but not on a week-in-week out basis, since doing 60 hours per week beyond week 2 - is illegal.

You can do it for a fortnight’s holiday cover at best, with the third week stood down. That would make it “grossing” rather than “clearing” £2000 in three weeks" rather than “two” then. :wink:

Fatboy slimslow:

Ares:

52 weeks in a year X £1,000 = £52,000. :grimacing: 40 % higher tax rate would just be around £72,800 ish. Most would be self employed/ sole trader/ Ltd invoicing same agency. :grimacing:

It is achievable :sunglasses: I’ve invoiced several agencies £1,200 many a week, but most talk ■■■■■■■■. :smiley: I hope this helps, ciao for now. :wink:

It is just that. 70kpa top line sees about £4000/ a month nett on paye.

Talking to an Agency Pole last week, he noticed that I had an old WH Barley Hi Viz on & he said that he worked there on Class 2, regularly earning £750 & occasionally £900 per week (ltd company) made my ‘Legal’ £450 to £500 take home look like pocket money [emoji57]
I did point out that I payed Tax & NI to my country & what he was doing will bite him in the A R S E one day ! (I hope [emoji6])