Artic tipper in Sainsbury's

Today as I was driving past a Sainsbury’s store I saw an artic tipper in the back yard with the body fully raised.

What could it of being doing there? There was no building work going on etc that I could see (brief drive past).

I did a double take as I was surprised at it being there. :confused:

Removing the vast ammounts of sell bys that missy wont buy.
Off to be converted into ■■■■ gas for leccy production
Now some thought please for the millions who are starving.

Horse burgers

Delivering wood pellets for the woodburner.

Might be a one off job he was carrying out as per instructions from his T.O.
Stop and ask next time satisfy your curiousity.

I just thought what the hell is that doing there?! Just a normal Sainsbury’s store.

Wasn’t an artic rolonoff in the middle of pulling the bin on was it?

I reckon Ringfurs right on this. Trailer gets filled with food waste then taken to an AD plant for processing, generating electricity and the leftover waste usually gets spread back onto agricultural land as a fertiliser.

Henk:

It’s this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arkin197:

Henk:

It’s this

I would have thought wood pellets would be blown into a silo … same as cattle feed… and they need to be kept dry…

Henk:

Don’t be silly. It’s coal for the boiler.

Whatever it was, if its Sainsburys it will be fairtrade and organic.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

None of my business whatever it is :wink:

Trukkertone:

arkin197:

Henk:

It’s this

I would have thought wood pellets would be blown into a silo … same as cattle feed… and they need to be kept dry…

They go through a pipe, don’t know the ins and outs but I’ve been 10 feet away from one doing it and that’s what the guy was tipping. I asked him.

A.

Yep it’s wood pellets for the heating/energy!

I may be super thick but do they really have a wood pellet burner for the heating system?! Seems a bit over the top!

Hi mate we have a store next to our depot and bulkers come in there and tip flour for the bakery,on a regular basis into a hopper.

If the body was raised it must have been tipping rather than loading. A lot of stores are using elbow grease now to get the shelves stacked quicker ,maybe it was a load of that being slid off…

bazza123:
I may be super thick but do they really have a wood pellet burner for the heating system?! Seems a bit over the top!

j-sainsbury.co.uk/blog/2011/ … itive-use/

bazza123:

No, they just tip in there because it seems like a great idea.

:unamused:

A.