Truck drivers unite together

felixstowedocker.blogspot.co.uk … ether.html

Been done to death on here,still no mention of who is behind this though be better “heard” by the powers that be if someone like the RHA got behind it…coincidentally I’m booked off on holiday that whole week anyway so I’m not sure if I’m classed as taking part or not :smiley:

I am going to support it. No work for Beaver.

Let’s see how many of you spineless scabs on here go in because you are frightened to death of losing your job.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Funniest thread title I have heard on this forum to date.

More chance of me winning the Euro Millions mate…especially as I don’t even buy a ticket.

eagerbeaver:

Let’s see how many of you spineless scabs on here go in because you are frightened to death of losing your job.

Yawn

eagerbeaver:

youtube.com/watch?v=rodkdTNOSqs

:grimacing:

Loving the sentiment of annual 45k for 35 hour wk, but not a chance in hell I reckon.
The only way this sort of thing will ever begin to work or even begin to achieve anything in the first stages, is to have much better organisation, a lot more publicity, and more importantly at least 80% or so participating…it will NOT happen.fact.

For the record I am off on Mondays anyway.

Agree with robroy,not going to happen but I suppose I could live on 45k with a bit of overtime :grimacing: .maybe if we acted like the French and blocked roads etc.there would be a chance but the powers that be would not let it happen

eurotrans:
Agree with robroy,not going to happen but I suppose I could live on 45k with a bit of overtime :grimacing: .maybe if we acted like the French and blocked roads etc.there would be a chance but the powers that be would not let it happen

45K?..Im worth more than that…

eagerbeaver:

I’ll be working, not because I’m a spineless scab or that I’m frightened of losing my job but because the cause is the biggest load of bollox I’ve ever heard and the hourly rate asked for is totally unjustified. I earn a good wage doing a steady job for a good company and all I do is drive a truck, I’m not a nurse, or fireman, or careworker, these are the kind of professions that deserve better wages, I drive a [zb] truck, £10 p/h is more than enough for what I do.

Rentadent:

eagerbeaver:

I’ll be working, not because I’m a spineless scab or that I’m frightened of losing my job but because the cause is the biggest load of bollox I’ve ever heard and the hourly rate asked for is totally unjustified. I earn a good wage doing a steady job for a good company and all I do is drive a truck, I’m not a nurse, or fireman, or careworker, these are the kind of professions that deserve better wages, I drive a [zb] truck, £10 p/h is more than enough for what I do.

Youre under valueing yourself mate, the going rate should be at least £15/ 17eur p/h…if youve got it a truck brought it…

AndrewG:

eagerbeaver:

youtube.com/watch?v=rodkdTNOSqs

:grimacing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

robroy:
Loving the sentiment of annual 45k for 35 hour wk, but not a chance in hell I reckon.
The only way this sort of thing will ever begin to work or even begin to achieve anything in the first stages, is to have much better organisation, a lot more publicity, and more importantly at least 80% or so participating…it will NOT happen.fact.

For the record I am off on Mondays anyway.

I ain’t working extra hours, and I sure as hell ain’t taking a pay cut.

I’m out… :stuck_out_tongue:

Friday would have been a better day for it. I won’t be working that day. This has to start somewhere.

Rentadent:

eagerbeaver:

And there we have it folks…" £10p/h IS MORE THAN ENOUGH for what I do " Heroic stuff fella, well done :unamused:

Sadly,this will never happen in a month of sundays even in a company with 2 drivers.

eagerbeaver:
And there we have it folks…" £10p/h IS MORE THAN ENOUGH for what I do " Heroic stuff fella, well done :unamused:

Thats right, don’t bother reading it in the sentiment it was written, just quote the bit that you think will cause controversy, have you ever thought of writing for the newspapers?
If you think what you do is worth more money than someone like a fireman or a nurse then crack on and strike, I’ll wish you good luck and even eat humble pie and congratulate you when you get your £15 p/h :unamused:

Is it April 1st already?

Rentadent:

eagerbeaver:

Thats right, don’t bother reading it in the sentiment it was written, just quote the bit that you think will cause controversy, have you ever thought of writing for the newspapers?
If you think what you do is worth more money than someone like a fireman or a nurse then crack on and strike, I’ll wish you good luck and even eat humble pie and congratulate you when you get your £15 p/h :unamused:

70 hours @ £10 = £700pw. I like the £700 hundred part of that.

46.666 hours @£15 -£700pw. I like those hours.

There are drivers getting paid £15 ph and more.

TiredAndEmotional:

Rentadent:

eagerbeaver:

70 hours @ £10 = £700pw. I like the £700 hundred part of that.

46.666 hours @£15 -£700pw. I like those hours.

There are drivers getting paid £15 ph and more.

So why should the companies that pay £15ph suffer with their trucks being parked up for a day?
Shouldn’t any action be taken against those paying near minimum wage with crap condition on top and let the good companies take advantage of the situation?