Sunglasses?

What with the weather ‘improving’, can anyone recommend some decent sunglasses, as my current ones are basically ‘finished’?

Don’t want super expensive ‘look at me in my shades’ kind…

Just ones that are comfortable and can be worn all day without becoming heavy over the eyes and ears…

I’d like them to be polarised and kind of ‘wrap around’, as I’ll be using them for game fishing too…

Thanks in advance… :sunglasses:

I got me some Ray Ban Aviators complete with prescription lenses.

Goldfinger:
What with the weather ‘improving’, can anyone recommend some decent sunglasses, as my current ones are basically ‘finished’?

Just ones that are comfortable and can be worn all day without becoming heavy over the eyes and ears…

I’d like them to be polarised and kind of ‘wrap around’, as I’ll be using them for game fishing too…

Thanks in advance… :sunglasses:

Be careful with polarised sunglasses, they can hide fuel spillages that may be on the road, but apparently they are perfect for fishing.

I’ve got a pair of Serengeti sunglasses, not look at me sunglasses as nobody knows what they are, but not cheap though I’ve had them many years now so probably worked out cheaper in the long run than buying cheap sunglasses.

I find I get no eye strain even after driving round in bright sunlight all day, used to get headaches if I drove without sunglasses in bright sunlight for too long.
Mine have metal frames and I know some people find them a bit heavy, but I find them comfortable even if I do have a mark on my nose when I take them off. :smiley: But they also do plastic frames and plastic lenses.

Not sure if they do a wrap round style though.

Radar19:

You obviously earn too much !!

Goldfinger:

Can’t really help you then mate,.I was about to advise you in my capacity as a trucking style icon :sunglasses: and go for the Rayban option, . until I read that bit. :smiley:

The more comfortable ones are maybe not the most stylish, and you end up looking like a cross between Ray Charles and Roy Orbison.

Anyway have you considered something like this.
3577.jpg

You could start a new fashion, and if you are agency your hi viz would compliment them, and a bluetooth earpiece in each lug would act as support.

Let me know what you decide. :laughing:

Beer Goggles, work in all conditions :open_mouth: :smiley: :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-New-fash … 2575580248

i just brought a pair of these, (why do we say pair when refering to glasses, shouldn’t it be a singler?)

Of all the sunglasses ive had over the years ive found my current Oakley Radar Path with Iridium lenses are perfect. Not exactly cheap but worth the outlay imho…

wiggle.co.uk/oakley-radar-ev … =536070842

raymundo:

Radar19:

You obviously earn too much !!

I should say, it helps having a sister who works for Boots Opticians :grimacing:

Oakley.

Comfortable and tough, nothing else needed.

A.

tommymanc:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-New-fashion-Mens-Polarized-Sunglasses-Driving-Glasses-gift-box/272583096659?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D015fa4e45a654dc1b8d19379b9fccad8%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D272575580248

i just brought a pair of these, (why do we say pair when refering to glasses, shouldn’t it be a singler?)

cos otherwise they’d be a monocle and if you wore one you’d end up a half ■■■■■■ hooray henry sitting on a shelf with Ray Allen’s finger up yer bum :open_mouth: calling everyone a silly arse.

I swear by Ray Bans myself. Can get some very light aviators and best place to buy them is Tesco believe it or not, fixed price of £90. No cheap but your eyes are too important to go cheap.

As Switch says, your eyes are too important to go cheap. I wear Ray Bans, but the Wayfarer, not the Aviator, as you can see, I’m all about style.

I wear the cheapest I can find that are polarized and have proven IV filters. These are easy to check in the store by holding one pair against another and slowly rotating the lenses until the view becomes completely blacked out, if it works they are genuine, if it doesn’t they are no good.

PS, if this works and you buy them, another test is to turn your head looking at the windshield they also turn much darker, again if they don’t work they will not stop IV rays from damaging your eyes.

Mine are Oakleys, in the same frame as my normal glasses. Made use of Boots “buy 1 get sunglasses free” deal. I’ve had different prescription sunnies before, but now I have these I find it easier to swap between the two pairs of identical glasses/frames.

I wear bolle safety glasses. Anything else I have broken or scratched. One place I tip, you have to wear safety glasses but because there is a lot of wood chip there is bad glare, so I got these…
BOLLE CONTOUR METAL SMOKE GLASSES CONTMP amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AQJE2AO/ … Xyb390JYNA

Can’t recommend them enough.

Serengeti Drivers, have them for about 15 years, not cheap, but work very well.
Light enough to wear whole day, the lenses change quick enough in colour to drive into tunnels with them on.
The only thing I wear out is the nose pads, but my optician replaces them with no problem.

Adonis.:
Oakley.

Comfortable and tough, nothing else needed.

A.

+1. Mine are polarised, and like me they are sh*t hot :sunglasses:

Aviators…

But, I’ve had one pair nicked and lost the other so I just use Wayfarers now.

When I’m jet-skiing I just have a pair of Woolworths cheapos don’t matter if you lose them.