Cab tilt on 65 plate Stralis HiWay

Hi all

At work I drive a 65 plate Iveco Stralis HiWay. I wanted to tip the cab. It is the manual pump version not the electric motor. When pumping, the front rises like it should, but when the back starts going up it does not release at the back. It goes as far as the cab suspension stretches and that is it (gets impossible to pump). On turning the leaver to lower the back of the cab drops down into the normal position.

Am I missing something that I need to do, or is the rear cab release jammed and needs looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Has it got the cab release button on the dashboard to open the locks?

Not that I have seen, but will have a check in the morning.

■■■■■:
Hi all

At work I drive a 65 plate Iveco Stralis HiWay. I wanted to tip the cab. It is the manual pump version not the electric motor. When pumping, the front rises like it should, but when the back starts going up it does not release at the back. It goes as far as the cab suspension stretches and that is it (gets impossible to pump). On turning the leaver to lower the back of the cab drops down into the normal position.

Am I missing something that I need to do, or is the rear cab release jammed and needs looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

shed :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Was there a solution to this? Mine is doing exactly the same. No switch in the cab

Some black leavers that pull out on door sills(open door and they’re looking straight at you) pull them out drivers side and passenger side,I believe they are for cab tilt,May be wrong but try them.

Yorkielad:
Some black leavers that pull out on door sills(open door and they’re looking straight at you) pull them out drivers side and passenger side,I believe they are for cab tilt,May be wrong but try them.

Ignore that,I’ve just pulled one on mine and it opens another sort of locker under side one :blush:

Try it with the ignition on.

Dont tip it to far it will fall off

turns out it was because the hand brake sensor is not working

malcolmgbell:
Dont tip it to far it will fall off

doubt it, its not a DAF