6 Points for Mobile Phones, 1st March

New regime starts tomorrow (1st March) So any fark-wits still playing with their mobiles, it’s 6 points and £200 now (and probably the same on your insurance for years to come).

It could be even worse than that, if it goes to court a HGV driver could be fined up-to £2,500 and still get the points, and that’s before the TC gets to hear about it :open_mouth:

If your livelihood depends on driving it’s just not worth it :wink:

A good thing shrove tuesday is now out the way. Tossing a pancake while at the wheel would no doubt incur the 6 points as well…

AndrewG:
A good thing shrove tuesday is now out the way. Tossing a pancake while at the wheel would no doubt incur the 6 points as well…

No it’s the squeezing of your lemons on them that gets you in trouble :wink:

No educational course available to dodge the points either, beware you tinterweb addicts[emoji15].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

The way they’re trying to create hysteria over phone use while driving you might even get off lighter for tossing pancakes while driving :slight_smile:

tachograph:

AndrewG:

The way they’re trying to create hysteria over phone use while driving you might even get off lighter for tossing pancakes while driving :slight_smile:

theres about 5 completely crude replies that id love to post in reply to that lot,but i think it would be prudent to await diper daves contribution instead… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
theres about 5 completely crude replies that id love to post in reply to that lot,but i think it would be prudent to await diper daves contribution instead… :slight_smile:

You better get a jar ready then! :open_mouth:

tachograph:

As long as pancakes are the only thing there tossing off whilst driving [emoji23]

I applaud this. Though I acknowledge all types of drivers are guilty, the number of cars that overtake, pull in, then after a while rapidly slow whilst weaving in their lane, is getting ridiculous. I pull out to overtake them, and sure enough… a screen lit up in the driver’s lap. Now let’s hope those police tractor units get to work catching car drivers as well as HGV drivers. God only knows how many car drivers I see messing with their phone whilst they’re on the overtake.

I think it’s pathetic. It should be a min 12 month ban with the person having to retake their test including theory test. They should also be forced to watch videos and see footage of people who’ve died from ■■■■■ using mobile phones while driving.

Imo it’s has bad has drink driving seeing ■■■■■■■ using their phones in the 3rd lane of the motorway head in lap doing upto and beyond 70mph is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

Ban the lot of them. They don’t deserve a licence if they clearly think people don’t deserve a right to life while they tap away furiously at their phone while driving not paying attention.

Hsjdhshhshhsjdlxlfkksnsbns

■■■■ drifted into hard shoulder ranting then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It still won’t stop the self important muppets who’s phone call/text message is more important than anything else. The chances of getting caught will still be next to none, although i’m sure the police will be keeping an extra eye out in the next few weeks to try and make a point.

I’ll be honest though, i’m all for punishing the people looking at their phone whilst driving, but I can’t sit here and say that people deserve 6 points on their license for sending a text message in a stationary traffic jam. There needs to be a bit of discretion.

Bluey Circles:
New regime starts tomorrow (1st March) So any fark-wits still playing with their mobiles, it’s 6 points and £200 now (and probably the same on your insurance for years to come).

Got it in one… “regime”!!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

rob22888:
I’ll be honest though, i’m all for punishing the people looking at their phone whilst driving, but I can’t sit here and say that people deserve 6 points on their license for sending a text message in a stationary traffic jam. There needs to be a bit of discretion.

That is just crap policing though, same as when the nick some poor sod eating an apple in a traffic jam, they are failing in doing their job properly.

The ones who annoy me more than some who are driving with phone held to ear; are those who decide to try and follow the law but stop in a really stupid place to faff with their phones, on a blind summit, half way round a bend - I even seen one a while a back who had mounted the pavement half way round a roundabout to play with her phone (she had not broke down). These muppets are even more dangerous but I don’t know if the police target these even though it is still an offence.

Caught you now we are taking your phone but you can keep the SIM card - wonder if that would be more of a deterrent :question:

i thnk the law for that is just another can of worms…parked,keys in ignition,sitting behind the wheel still gets you done at cabbage jobsworth woddentop plods discretion…same as if you were drunk parked the same way as the rules on what define parked are incomprehensible and well open to debate…my mate got done using a phone sitting in a petrol station waiting for his misses to come out the shop and got told it was public as you could just drive in and out…another one got done after he had pulled off the road onto a bus stop layby,parked,and on the phone,he didnt get done for driving using it as he was already stopped before plod came past…there will be a quick purge,then itl make no difference other than more of a revenue earner for officialdom,same as drunk driving,the ones that dont care,wont care…it only means more of a cash cow from the masses .

According to the radio the police are putting out extra patrols in the Midlands today looking for people using a phone while driving.

Does the rise in fines make it a more serious offence than it was yesterday or just a more profitable offence for the authorities :unamused:

I’m not condoning the use of phones while driving but you have to wonder at the police response to the increased fine.

The cop on morning TV suggested that fines from mobiles should then fund more patrols

ROG:
The cop on morning TV suggested that fines from mobiles should then fund more patrols

To be honest if the fines were funding more general policing I wouldn’t have much of a problem with it, but if it’s was to just fund more motorist persecution it would be a problem.

have said it before and will say it again the only way you are gonna stop idiots using mobile phones whilst driving is impound the vehicle be it a car a bus or a truck there and then on the spot no ifs buts or maybes its gone untill you or the owner pays a fine of at least half the value of its replacement if thats not paid with in 14 days its for the authorities to dispose of as they see fit .that would focus minds rapidly ! "hello boss that new scania with that trailer full of xxxxxx company goods well its been siezed cos i was playing candy crush " "boss boss " bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz