New daf 10 help plse

Hi all
I have just got a new daf mega space and want to wire an inverter for a microwave
Have heard the wires are already in are they under the floor in middle cupboard and if so what colours are they
If not how has any one else got there s wired in
Thanks in advance

To my knowledge they are not factory pre-wired

The best idea is to wire the inverter direct to the batteries so you don’t over heat & potentially cause a fire

If it was me i would be looking for a inverter twice the power of what you are trying to run.

Thanks
I have looked for the wires but non look substantial like you say as I have a 2500watt inverter for a caravan microwave 550 watt
There two 40amp fuses in the fuse box presume 1 for the fridge other for microwave
■■?

The last daf95xf ssc I had had the wiring ready for a microwave in the centre locker when I changed to a 105 ssc the wires were not visible in the centre locker but they were behind the lining just had to cut the lining pull the wires through and fit a 40amp superfuse in the fuse box, get someone who’s familiar with Daf’s to check before you buy an inverter,having said that unless you’ve already got a 24 volt microwave buying an inverter and a value microwave is probably a cheaper option

Ok thanks s
I already have an inverter you say wires were behind middle locker was that at the top? ?

I’ve looked in my 66 plate and the wires aren’t there, the only accessory wires that are behind the middle locker aren’t substantial enough for an invertor.
If you take the floor out of one of the side lockers you can access the loom that runs above the screen and see if it’s there on yours before cutting the lining.

the 106 is not pre wired unless it was ordered too be pre wired

Mines a 64 plate and came factory fitted, with the inverter in the cupboard above the tacho and the wires through into the microwave in the centre cupboard, I’m pretty sure they all come with the wiring already there, it’s just a case of finding out where it runs, and freeing it up.

Sapper

TheNewBoy:
The best idea is to wire the inverter direct to the batteries so you don’t over heat & potentially cause a fire

This is a very bad idea. You need some sort of breaker/fuse/relay to prevent overloading. Connecting direct to the batteries wont give you that safeguard.

if you have a anderson lead just wire it up to that.

AndrewG:

TheNewBoy:

This is a very bad idea. You need some sort of breaker/fuse/relay to prevent overloading. Connecting direct to the batteries wont give you that safeguard.

My train of thought was to wire to the batteries not just plug into the cig lighter socket

Nah, just plug that 3kw inverter into a cigarette lighter socket, and nuke that spag boll.

What could possibly go wrong?