E05 ?

My company has just treated me (us) to a hard wired Trucker’s Tom Tom in all our wagons :smiley:
And very good it is too :sunglasses:
However,little did I realize that our friends in Brussels have cunningly renamed some of our motorways :open_mouth:
I now take the E05 to Manchester,which is certainly quicker than the old M6 :laughing: :laughing:
I pinched this off a Tom Tom forum

“The recent map update now includes European Highways. The E05 is a European route (North to South) from Greenock (Scotland) to Algeciras (Spain) which includes at least part of the M6 so that’s why you see it. The UK doesn’t show this on any Motorway/A roads/B roads route signs but if you were to follow it through France or Spain you would see it on road signs in those countries.”

Roll on Brexit…we can have our roads back :wink:

Baggie:
My company has just treated me (us) to a hard wired Trucker’s Tom Tom in all our wagons :smiley:
However,little did I realize that our friends in Brussels have cunningly renamed some of our motorways :open_mouth:
I now take the E05 to Manchester,which is certainly quicker than the old M6 :laughing: :laughing:

“The recent map update now includes European Highways. The E05 is a European route (North to South) from Greenock (Scotland) to Algeciras (Spain) which includes at least part of the M6 so that’s why you see it. The UK doesn’t show this on any Motorway/A roads/B roads route signs but if you were to follow it through France or Spain you would see it on road signs in those countries.”

If you get excited by the “treat” of a sat nav, I fear that all hope is lost.

the nodding donkey:

Baggie:

Sorry, but I was thinking along the same lines, but hey…whatever turns you on.
I would have asked for a microwave, fridge or even a dab radio instead.

Incidentally if what you say is right, it sounds a lot of ■■■■ use doesn’t it. :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

Baggie:

Mate,I lost hope many years ago :laughing: :laughing:
p.s.my last treat was a pair of gloves :wink:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Baggie:

Incidentally if what you say is right, it sounds a lot of [zb] use doesn’t it. :unamused:

Just a humble dayworker,I live on crisps and dried up sarnies,and the occasional drink from puddles in gutters :wink:

Baggie:
Just a humble dayworker,I live on crisps and dried up sarnies,and the occasional drink from puddles in gutters :wink:

You can laugh mate, but before I started driving I used to go off with a tramper mate of mine.
This was late 70s when trucks were basic, 2 of us in a Bedford TK, I slept under the sheet on the back. :smiley:
I got up one morning from under the sheet, here’s my mate having his morning wash in a puddle…I kid you not. :laughing:

I did not take up his habit btw. :smiley:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Baggie:

Incidentally if what you say is right, it sounds a lot of [zb] use doesn’t it. :unamused:

I had a dab in the Scania I had on demo last week. I think I’d rather that than any other in cab gadget, well after a fridge anyway

The E routes have been here for years

These ‘E’ numbers are a good idea on the continent IF signposted properly by all the countries involved as it would make it easy to just follow one road number through several countries. Belgium is the only country to use it properly, then as soon as you cross into France or Germany they tend to use their own domestic road numbers, the ‘E’ numbers only appear randomly, and not always when you need to change from one motorway to another.
No point including the UK though as we’re an island, so I’m surprised to see that tom tom are doing this, not much point if no other sat nav or map firm use it.

I’ve got a trucknav from truck tables and it shows the e numbers never knew what they were until now! !

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

They’ve been removed on the latest map update.

Baggie:

E-numbers aren’t set by the EU, they’re set by the United Nations. They appeared on signs even in the old Eastern bloc, as they still do both there and in Russia. I think only the UK has refused to signpost them at all, so it’s stupid for sat-navs to use them as directions.

When I last went to France, E-numbers appeared on signs alongside domestic road numbers fairly consistently. In Germany, they don’t; they only appear on the distance signs, not the direction signs.

robroy:

Baggie:

You can laugh mate, but before I started driving I used to go off with a tramper mate of mine.
This was late 70s when trucks were basic, 2 of us in a Bedford TK, I slept under the sheet on the back. :smiley:
I got up one morning from under the sheet, here’s my mate having his morning wash in a puddle…I kid you not. :laughing:

I did not take up his habit btw. :smiley:

You had a sheet? - you were lucky…

Steve