Warburtons

Just wondering if there’s anyone working for these lot as (I think) I have an interview with them, although I haven’t heard back from them as of yet.

What’s your opinion of the job? They claim I’ll be a cover driver covering 3 or 4 runs until a permanent run becomes available which could be a long time, is it worth the wait?

Any info on the job is welcome :laughing:

I went for an interview and got the job but a change in circumstances meant I never took it.
It was 7.5 tonne in enfield and it was bloody good money.
Early starts and job and finish, the class 2 drivers only earnt a fiver a week more than the 7.5’s.
Dont know about artics. They seemed like a reasonable company with a union etc.
I dont suppose its much different from any other multi drop really, maybe not as physically demanding

I was class one trunking on agency.
Full timer told me,he was dragging about £430 after union fees and £30 pension contributions.
Don’t know what the hours were…but probably about 48.
Nights and weekends though

Boring as hell. I limped for them and even though you started at 4am you had to pick your own stock and load it yourself. Get to the delivery and you’ll most likely have to help count the stuff you’ve already counted.
My kids like the Muppet Show Giant Crumpet ad though. :laughing:

Done a couple shifts a few years back, load your own motor, early early starts, bout 35+ drops…

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies…

Does anyone know if it’s monthly or weekly pay?

He said to me it was 3am starts, not too thrilled about that, also cpc paid and done in work hours which is nice…

He mentioned shift allowance (Sundays I think) any idea how much this is?

Yorkshire were paying about £550 per week, on mention about any shift premium. What’s been paid so far pretty well covers everything.
I did class 1 trunking for them a few years ago. Might go from Yorkshire to Enfield and back in a shift or maybe Bristol/Bellshill.
Good employer from what I saw.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Well lads I’m not very impressed with warburtons now…

I had a telephone interview last Monday, all went well, booked me in for an interview today, said to me, I’ll ring later in the week to confirm and what to bring with you etc…

Heard nothing, rang the guy 3 times, emailed him, no response.

Just rang the depot, they had no idea who I was and certainly not in for an interview :open_mouth:

Jesus, to think they give the spiel about ‘we treat our employees like family’ :laughing:

I did a two shifts for them years ago, jacked it in though, as the dough was sheheight :stuck_out_tongue:

Time to get me coat methinks… :wink:

Ramon123:
I did a two shifts for them years ago, jacked it in though, as the dough was sheheight :stuck_out_tongue:

Time to get me coat methinks… :wink:

You didn’t knead the dough anyway.

I wouldn’t worry landrummer, there’s only so many times you count “56x 400g toastie loaves…10x gluten free white with added nonsense” before it gets very tedious.

Muckaway:
I wouldn’t worry landrummer, there’s only so many times you count “56x 400g toastie loaves…10x gluten free white with added nonsense” before it gets very tedious.

Ha, I can imagine mate. And also the 3am starts sound quite harsh, I start on average at 5am which is bad enough.

They weren’t offering much more money than I will be getting (getting a pay rise very soon, well increased hours more like), but I admit the overtime rate was much better.

The guy rang in the end, but I never answered. He then text and give me some crap ‘sorry Ian, I’ve been away the weekend without my phone, please ring back’. :unamused:

All well and good but he was supposed to contact me before the weekend, not once, but twice :open_mouth:

Mate of mine went to an interview with a well known animal feed producer, did the driving assessment and was left sitting in the office corridor like a naughty school boy for nearly an hour. Nobody came to see him. He walked out. It would appear Landlummer and my mate both dodged bullets.
Always remember, an interview or even applying for a job gives a lot away of what the firm is like to work for.

Muckaway:
Mate of mine went to an interview with a well known animal feed producer, did the driving assessment and was left sitting in the office corridor like a naughty school boy for nearly an hour. Nobody came to see him. He walked out. It would appear Landlummer and my mate both dodged bullets.
Always remember, an interview or even applying for a job gives a lot away of what the firm is like to work for.

True…at first they gave me a good impression of the company and as a result I was quite keen, but after 3 days of not answering phone calls and an email, and then to ring me with less than 3 hours to my interview (that I was never booked in for anyway) , is just not on. :open_mouth: