Manual Entry

Quick question I’ve got to drive the van tomorrow do I record the day as other work with breaks or do I have to show driving time even though it’s in a van.

Thanks in advance Justin

jusholmes:
Quick question I’ve got to drive the van tomorrow do I record the day as other work with breaks or do I have to show driving time even though it’s in a van.

Thanks in advance Justin

No need to show driving time but you should show your working time with your break time on a manual entry .

When you make a manual entry you only have the option of showing work, poa, or break, you can’t differentiate between work and driving, so just use crossed hammers to show working and bed for your break.

Driving a van counts as “other work” so (even if doing a handwritten entry) that’s how it should be recorded. If doing the manual entry by keying-in on the head unit, you can only enter Work, Break/Rest or POA anyway - i.e. you can’t show it as “Driving”.

Best to show breaks if keying-in via the head unit as otherwise the tachograph analysis software will throw up an infringement (but don’t forget that the 4.5 hour drive/45 minute break requirement won’t apply - only the WTD six hour rule applies when doing “other work”).

jusholmes:

Thanks in advance Justin

I’ve heard some folk would not put anything in at all , allegedly

Tommy7437:

jusholmes:

Thanks in advance Justin

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Really■■?
Some people eh? I would castrate the lot of em.

robroy:

Tommy7437:

jusholmes:

Thanks in advance Justin

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Really■■?
Some people eh? I would castrate the lot of em.

:unamused:

Is the rolling eyes a reaction to you actually thinking I am serious, or an opinion on my feeble and poor attempt at ironic humour? …just wondering like. :neutral_face:

I’m gonna need a bigger boat.

the nodding donkey:

That’s gone right over my turnip. :neutral_face:

Thanks for the replies never really had to mess about doing manual entries before always been pretty straightforward with my digi tacho.
Thanks again Justin

jusholmes:
Thanks for the replies never really had to mess about doing manual entries before always been pretty straightforward with my digi tacho.
Thanks again Justin

Glad I helped. :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

That’s gone right over my turnip. :neutral_face:

This should help… :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=QT9BeGNnCqw

What?
Is he saying I have a lot of teeth? :open_mouth:
:smiley:

robroy:
What?

I don’t know. Can you take them out and check?

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
What?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
What?

May be able to shortly next year, but at the moment I’m going through my twiglet, or ‘burned fence’ period inspired by Shane McGowan.

C’mon now at least try and take this manual entry stuff seriously.
Remember who our mod is ffs., so get a grip here.

Roy Scheider mate. Fishing.

Not all donkeys follow the carrot, some like to cast a line now and again :grimacing:

robroy:
C’mon now at least try and take this manual entry stuff seriously.
Remember who our mod is ffs., so get a grip here.

Look, we’ve managed to steer the conversation away from manual entries, before Dave got here. Don’t push it…