Newcastle Airport

Hi all

Does anyone know anything about who has the contract for the aircraft refuelling at Newcastle Airport? I thought it was Swissport but there’s no mention of it on their network page. I used to drive/operate fuel tankers from my Army days so I’d have to renew my ADR but wanted to get a heads up on the region as whole and what opportunities there are, or is it a case of dead mans shoes?

I’m currently working as a class one driver and I enjoy it but I know I could do better as the pay isn’t the greatest, conditions etc.
If I was to pay to get my ADR again I’m hoping it wouldn’t be a waste of time or are there companies in the Tyne and Wear/Northumberland and North Yorkshire(Middlesbrough)areas that would give someone in my shoes a start.

I would be interested to read how like minded people have got a start whether from scratch or changing over from class 1 to ADR work.

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys/girls can be of some help. :smiley:

Dead mans shoes job??

Possibly, or maybe ‘shaky hand club’ still…

And that’s going back nearly 20 years, unless it’s all changed at the airport…

Everything was done ‘in house’, apart from the fuelling, that was still done by Shell /BP etc when I was there as a seasonal…

There was a rumour back then that when they were going to sub out the work, people started to leave due to them having to sign new contract on a lower wage…

Goldfinger:
Dead mans shoes job??

Possibly, or maybe ‘shaky hand club’ still…

And that’s going back nearly 20 years, unless it’s all changed at the airport…

Everything was done ‘in house’, apart from the fuelling, that was still done by Shell /BP etc when I was there as a seasonal…

There was a rumour back then that when they were going to sub out the work, people started to leave due to them having to sign new contract on a lower wage…

When were you there as a seasonal? Tell me are there any ex Army Air Corp lads working there?

Are you still doing ADR work now? cheers

Anyone else worked at Newcastle Airport on the driving or tanker side?

Thanks

It’s far from being a dead mans shoes job! So many drivers think ADR is the key to earning fortunes and it just isn’t the case and airport work is definitely the lower end of the scale.

TiredAndEmotional:
It’s far from being a dead mans shoes job! So many drivers think ADR is the key to earning fortunes and it just isn’t the case.

Seems to be in this region to be fair. Unless you know different then please elaborate. :smiley:

Was there IICR, around 1999.

Can’t recall any army lads being there though…

TiredAndEmotional:
It’s far from being a dead mans shoes job! So many drivers think ADR is the key to earning fortunes and it just isn’t the case and airport work is definitely the lower end of the scale.

You must have been typing the same time as me…

I’ve only just done my ADR* so that it also counted towards my DCPC* hours so I can get back on the road…

*Think ‘2 for 1’…

Goldfinger:

TiredAndEmotional:

You must have been typing the same time as me…

I’ve only just done my ADR* so that it also counted towards my DCPC* hours so I can get back on the road…

*Think ‘2 for 1’…

That’s a practical way of looking at the ADR ticket.

And so roll on a week on Monday, I hope to get the remaining 7 hours…

Godzilla41:

TiredAndEmotional:
It’s far from being a dead mans shoes job! So many drivers think ADR is the key to earning fortunes and it just isn’t the case.

Seems to be in this region to be fair. Unless you know different then please elaborate. :smiley:

Ah you’ve quoted me while I was editing my post to insert a bit I forgot to say! Things must be bad your way if that’s a dead mans’ shoes job.

Just what I’ve been told by a few people about tanker work at the airport.

They have just advertised for a refuser at the Airport but it is only temp April - November don’t know the wage not know to be taken on but if do a good job then they may ask you back the following year

animal:
They have just advertised for a refuser at the Airport but it is only temp April - November don’t know the wage not know to be taken on but if do a good job then they may ask you back the following year

Thanks for your response. Where did you see the advert. Main Airport site?

Godzilla41:

animal:

Thanks for your response. Where did you see the advert. Main Airport site?

Nope was on a Facebook page but as said only temp not worth leaving a full time job for that is what they recommend as at the end you won’t have a job that all

Keep going in & asking Tommy or Eric about tramping

Ok cheers the money isn’t much different tramping to what I’m getting now but I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for other opportunities too.

Godzilla41:
Ok cheers the money isn’t much different tramping to what I’m getting now but I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for other opportunities too.

At least £100 pw tax free

animal:

Godzilla41:

At least £100 pw tax free

Night out money yes but the basic is 60pw more. Suppose it all mounts up.
:slight_smile: