Your best MSA food outlet

My vote goes to the roast meat carvery at Cobham and Beaconsfield , it is good value for money and fills you up, the meal deal comes with roast potatoes and a can of pop .
Meat choices are gammon, beef, turkey , pork or pulled pork in a bun or my choice is beef in a giant Yorkshire pudding with gravy and apple or cranberry sauce, bags of crackling are available .
For a MSA, the price is not bad, the other good food choice is the Chozen Noodle franchises, rice or noodles, meal deal is a can of pop and crackers, regular or large meal.
The Thai curries are nice, and the Japanese chicken that they cut up for you, with a pair of scissors .
Healthier drinks are in the meal deal .
The takeway Indian outlet at Cobham is also very good, tasty and good value, it is next door to WH Smiths .
Mexican outlet at Cobham as well .

It’s refreshing Toby to read about decent Scran being served on a MSA.
I don’t imagine a food voucher is included with parking at these two sites you mention.
I found Chieveley quite good at their restaurant area. Parking overnight did come with a food voucher which was redeemable at the restaurant.

What were the food prices like at Beaconsfield Toby?

I know it’s not gourmet food but I was the last customer at an MSA KFC before it closed one night, I ordered a meal and as a joke said “and I’ll have anything else that you’ll have to throw away” and the girl gave me a carrier bag chock-full of chicken pieces for nothing.

Harry Monk:
I know it’s not gourmet food but I was the last customer at an MSA KFC before it closed one night, I ordered a meal and as a joke said “and I’ll have anything else that you’ll have to throw away” and the girl gave me a carrier bag chock-full of chicken pieces for nothing.

That stuff is rocket fuel for my bowels…

Harry Monk:

They used to do ribs…

I said my dog loved them as they were closing up one night (I don’t have a dog), she filled a bag with ribs and gave them to me.

Best MSA food? Probably any service area in Italy.

i was nearly sick that night after eating far too many ribs though

Well a £10 parking voucher paid for my harvester at Donnington services st that was a thumbs up

nick2008:
Well a £10 parking voucher paid for my harvester at Donnington services st that was a thumbs up

+1

More services should have Harvesters

Butcher:
It’s refreshing Toby to read about decent Scran being served on a MSA.
I don’t imagine a food voucher is included with parking at these two sites you mention.
I found Chieveley quite good at their restaurant area. Parking overnight did come with a food voucher which was redeemable at the restaurant.

What were the food prices like at Beaconsfield Toby?

Lack of meal voucher is a good enough reason not to park at any “EXTRA” msa, company pays £20 odd to park and drivers get nothing for it, only parked in one once but didnt know they lacked a voucher and now avoid totally, we can choose where we park overnight.
Oh and Leicester Forest have a good choice.

Gloucester services gets my vote , well not actually eaten there but it did look pretty spot on to say the least, in fact might take Mrs BB there on the next special occasion.

My cab and what ever is in my fridge :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Most generic services ill aim for KFC, but i have to agree with the hog roast at Beaconsfield, always a belly full there. Only thing ill avoid is Burger King, don’t know what it is but anything i eat from them makes me feel bloated, awful and incredibly tired. Don’t get that from Mcdonalds though.

If stuck with McDonalds, their chicken wraps are worth a go, depending on days of the week you can grab specific ones for £1.99 each and i have to say I’m a fan of them all. With it being chicken they’re usually made to order as well rather than the burgers sat under a heat lamp.

But nothing beats a McMuffin for breakfast. Mans best invention i think!

bald bloke:
Gloucester services gets my vote , well not actually eaten there but it did look pretty spot on to say the least, in fact might take Mrs BB there on the next special occasion.

The sausage rolls are fantastic and so are these little honey and mustard sausages, mind you they should be good, the price you pay for them.

Had a proper meal there once, can’t even remember what it was so can’t have been that great.

A.

yourhavingalarf:
Best MSA food? Probably any service area in Italy

Never had anything else than a panino at the Autogrill.
For a meal I only stop at a Trattoria, and preferably only where the locals go.

Don’t like much pre-prepared food (popty-ping as they say in Wales)
Fresh cooked, and if possible by die Mamma on the forno.
Any place where you can get a dinner after 14:00hrs need to be avoided :wink:
Traditional Italians eat a full meal at lunch time, and some minestra in the evening.

£3.75 for a sausage roll,but they are nice…and they’re big.
My favourite is harry ramsdens.

Don’t know if you’d call it an msa, but stopped at Jct38 on Thursday just gone and was impressed buy the food there. Decent price too.

Adonis.:

bald bloke:

The sausage rolls are fantastic and so are these little honey and mustard sausages, mind you they should be good, the price you pay for them.

Had a proper meal there once, can’t even remember what it was so can’t have been that great.

A.

Yep them sausage rolls are nice. Had lasagna there once really nice

caledoniandream:
Never had anything else than a panino at the Autogrill. For a meal I only stop at a Trattoria, and preferably only where the locals go.

The Autogrill of yesteryear…

Did an excellent lunch and evening meal service, good antipasto, main courses and sweets with wine and bread. I’d use them if that was the most convenient place to stop.

It goes without saying that, if I could get to a local place to eat I would.

nick2008:

Adonis.:

bald bloke:

A.

Yep them sausage rolls are nice. Had lasagna there once really nice

Culina are obviously paying you too much then !

Harvester and Toby Carvery off the A 303 at Solstice sevices and free Lgv parking.
If spaces full up by the fuel station, park on long slip road by Wiseman’s dairy and ambulance station in and out all night so secure parking.
McDonalds ,Costa and a Pizza Hut at Solstice or walk in to Amesbury for takeaway, restaurant or pub.