Scania seat base

Hi lads, the base of my seat on my Scania has worn a bit thin to say the least. From what I can gather you can just pop the base out (2001 Scania) and pop another one in. Can I swap it with passenger side base or will I need to get a replacement? If I need a replacement what sort of money am I looking at, and where would be the best place to look. Should imagine Scania charge a small fortune.

From memory a new seat base from scania cost about £230 but that was a good few years back.
Also the truck i had at the time the passenger seat was totally different so would not fit on the drivers side.

On my 4 series I just swapped it with the passenger base as they were the same, so depends if they are the same seat. Just pull the lever at the bottom of the seat pad and give it a yank forward. It will slide off

Have you tried Keltruck? They advertise all parts available.

short walk:
Have you tried Keltruck? They advertise all parts available.

Not yet. I’m back in work Friday, so I’m going to see if I can swap the passenger seat base over to the drivers seat as mentioned above. I asked one of our mechanics if the base’s would swap and he said no. Most probably because he didn’t want to do it. Seems like a quick fix if they do swap, so I’ll give them a try Friday.

I had this problem on an old series 4 a few years ago, mine were non interchangeable. Scania wanted hundreds of pounds for a new one and wouldn’t replace as part of R&M deal.

Eventually after several months I got them to put a new one in, although I practically had to drag the depot manager out to show him it was worn out, not fit for purpose and would he suffer an office chair like that all week.

Complete rip off price.

8wheels:
I had this problem on an old series 4 a few years ago, mine were non interchangeable. Scania wanted hundreds of pounds for a new one and wouldn’t replace as part of R&M deal.

Eventually after several months I got them to put a new one in, although I practically had to drag the depot manager out to show him it was worn out, not fit for purpose and would he suffer an office chair like that all week.

Complete rip off price.

Mine won’t swap over either. Looks like its a cushion job for me.

Check and see if you can who makes the seat, I doubt scania make the seat.
Then check with these guys,
drivers-seats.com/

For air suspension seats on buses a cushion on its own is about £70.