So sorry.

To the driver of the small white volvo dealer liveried car entering the M5 northbound at junction 18. I am so sorry for not forcing my way over to lane 2 so that you could merge onto the motorway without having to adjust your speed appropriately. Maybe I should take my driving test again because I was under the impression that vehicles entering the motorway from a slip road should be using said slip road to adjust their speed accordingly so that they may enter the motorway in a safe and appropriate manner. Apparently I am wrong and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. On a more positive note I am pleased to confirm that your horn and high beams do in fact work.

I doubt he’s on here :unamused:

Take your own advice off your signature bud. :bulb:

There is not a chance in hell he will read this, and anyway that will more than likely be his normal everyday driving style as he is not a pro driver. …Where as you are, so you are meant to rise above it, shake your head, call him a ■■■■ if it makes you feel better, and then just crack on.

Now when a fellow supposedly ‘pro driver’ in another truck does something as equally crap…now that IS ■■■■ annoying. :smiling_imp:

Adjust speed to assist merging traffic especially small nimble vehicles. Course if they are the forceful type just crack on regardless.

Don’t let it ruin your day it ain’t personal, control your emotions Luke, anger leads to fear which leads to the dark side (or class 2).

Stay calm and watch some tribbing…

Lol. I know he’s not going to be on here. I was just venting did laugh at him at the time. If he had appeared on the slip road level or just in front of my cab then i would have eased off and let him out in front of me, as it was he emerged on to the slip road about level with my trailer wheels and immediately proceeded to blast his horn and flash his lights because I had the audacity to be on the bit of road that he wanted. He was actually quite a nice chap though, he did offer my some coffee beans as he passed me.

Similar thing happened to me the other week.
I was M6 s/b approaching the A59 Blacburn junction.
On the slip road joining, it kind of branches out to a twin slip road seperated by chevrons afai recall.

I was coming down the Mway hill on the limiter and alongsixe me was another truck overtaking.
This car intended to join and rather than adjust his speed and hang back, just kept coming, I had no intention of colliding with the overtaking truck, and he had a line of cars passing him also.
I could not have actually come to a stop so I decided to keep going hoping the joining car would just slow down and give way (as he is meant to)
I watched him in my n/s mirror all down my trailer, and when he got alongside my axles, edged out :open_mouth: but then came to his senses and slowed right off, …with again the horn and the main beams. :unamused: …and continued the display of displeasure with me, as he slowed down alongside me when he overtook me. …prick :smiley: …I just gave him a wave. :laughing:

I was fair hoping he was going to be in Charnock services getting fuel, when I stopped there for a coffee,. Deffo not to knock 3 shades out of him but to politely ask him what he expected me to do in that situation that would have prevented him from doing the horn and lights thing.
He was not, but him evidently being a thick ■■■■, I would more than likely not have got a sensible answer anyway, and if he had got arsey I would maybe have took the 3 shades option …which would have been very poor and unprofessional. :smiley:
So all ended well and I just cracked on.

dreamingofoz:
Lol. I know he’s not going to be on here. I was just venting did laugh at him at the time. If he had appeared on the slip road level or just in front of my cab then i would have eased off and let him out in front of me, as it was he emerged on to the slip road about level with my trailer wheels and immediately proceeded to blast his horn and flash his lights because I had the audacity to be on the bit of road that he wanted. He was actually quite a nice chap though, he did offer my some coffee beans as he passed me.

He probably came from Volvo Avonmouth I’ll ask next time I’m taking one of ours in for repair it’ll only be a matter of a day or two I’m sure !!

Me too a few weeks back. Glad to hear it isn’t personal, and that other truck drivers share my misconceptions about the correct way to enter a motorway.

ORC:
Me too a few weeks back. Glad to hear it isn’t personal, and that other truck drivers share my misconceptions about the correct way to enter a motorway.

Other truck drivers share your miscoceptions of how to enter a m.way?
If you are referring to me having a misconception of this in my last post , what did I say that was wrong exactly.■■ :neutral_face: