5 Romanian HGV drivers taken from depot by police

This is what I know.

2 police cars and a dark van enter a depot. They take 5 drivers away.
All I’ve managed to find out is they are all Romanian and that the HGV licences in their procession were not theirs.

I will not disclose the depot name, but only that it is near Oxford/Aylesbury. That’s all I’m giving you.

Perhaps they are cross checking their licence with Europe to see if the same person is driving in Europe, who knows.

I’m sure some of you out there already know about this. If so, please do not disclose the depot.

Can quite believe that with some of the ■■■■ wits I’ve come across from that part of the world

Tonyshortstraw:
This is what I know.

Perhaps they are cross checking their licence with Europe to see if the same person is driving in Europe, who knows.

kinda brings a new definition to the phrase…“double manning”… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Tonyshortstraw:
This is what I know.

kinda brings a new definition to the phrase…“double manning”… :slight_smile:

:laughing: I suspect most depots in the south east have at least 1 pirate driver.

Does any employer or company care so long as the job gets done? The fine though will be massive.

There was a Romanian on a 4 lane section of the M6 sitting in lane 2 doing 82 kph on Thursday. I gave the knob a blast with the horn as I passed and he just put his hand up to say hello and carried on causing unnecessary congestion in his wake. :unamused:

I remember in the 80’s ,certain people using ,brothers ,cousins and even whole families sharing driving licences ,10 kids to a mini etc Including all using the same insurance !!
Nowt new then.

Maybe I wont post that letter to Swansea explaining how Id lost my fourth Driving Licence and Digi-Card this month then.
It might look a little suspicious now.

Tonyshortstraw:
This is what I know.

2 police cars and a dark van enter a depot. They take 5 drivers away.
All I’ve managed to find out is they are all Romanian and that the HGV licences in their procession were not theirs.

I will not disclose the depot name, but only that it is near Oxford/Aylesbury. That’s all I’m giving you.

I’m sure some of you out there already know about this. If so, please do not disclose the depot.

Was one of them a corpse? :confused:

Tris:
There was a Romanian on a 4 lane section of the M6 sitting in lane 2 doing 82 kph on Thursday. I gave the knob a blast with the horn as I passed and he just put his hand up to say hello and carried on causing unnecessary congestion in his wake. :unamused:

I don’t think particular crime is restricted only to Romanian and other East European drivers. :unamused:

Tonyshortstraw:

The large warehouse near Haddenham station? Frequented by blue curtainsiders with private numberplates to hide the fact they buy old crap and spend a fortune painting it up?
Why can’t the location be mentioned? :laughing:
Place I deliver to did a licence check on a Romanian driver. It turned out not only was it him on the licence, but it was real and valid. Three people were treated for shock.

More Ale:

Tonyshortstraw:

The large warehouse near Haddenham station? Frequented by blue curtainsiders with private numberplates to hide the fact they buy old crap and spend a fortune painting it up?
Place I deliver to did a licence check on a Romanian driver. It turned out not only was it him on the licence, but it was real and valid. Three people were treated for shock.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This isnt an isolated case, this goes on all over europe and isnt just a Roma thing.
LT is a prime example of licences passed around and doctored.Not condoning it but poor wages and living conditions make this an attractive proposition to those wanting to support families back home. Many of these Romanians have very little and take the risk…

Are you sure who this person Romanian exactly.Reg plate not everything.To many Moldavian people exchange own licence to Romanian and work for Romanian company,but they can t legaly exchange licence.Here can be different reason why police arrest this people.

Heard of one a couple of years ago:

Romanian had been working for this particular firm for the summer and had got pretty well every driver screaming at the TM to ‘get rid of the [zb]’

End of the summer the Romanian decided that he wanted to get a Class1

Enrolled with a local firm the proceeded to fail his C1 three times. (I’m being generous: in one version [from someone ‘in the know’] it was actually 5 times!)

Come Christmas he goes home. Back in the Uk about a month later and he has a C1 in his pocket!

No comment!

In another thread here there was a discussion about East European trucks being abandoned in the UK and drivers disappeared, this could be a similar issue as I saw a report a few days ago that asylum seekers from Syria and Iraq etc were getting HGV licences in Eastern Europe and getting jobs driving to UK both single and double manned.
I know that UK Border Force check in the back of trucks but how often do they check the driver? Get paid to drive here then abandon the truck is a cheap way to get into the UK for many asylum seekers! Come over double manned and go back single I guess nobody would ever know.

Martin:
In another thread here there was a discussion about East European trucks being abandoned in the UK and drivers disappeared, this could be a similar issue as I saw a report a few days ago that asylum seekers from Syria and Iraq etc were getting HGV licences in Eastern Europe and getting jobs driving to UK both single and double manned.
I know that UK Border Force check in the back of trucks but how often do they check the driver? Get paid to drive here then abandon the truck is a cheap way to get into the UK for many asylum seekers! Come over double manned and go back single I guess nobody would ever know.

Unlikely though an asylum seeker would have the relevant passport to obtain employment . Most EE hauliers are wise to this sort of thing, its bad enough for them their own countrymen abandoning their trucks. Company i sub for in Espana insist on copies of licence, passport, birth certificate, NIE number and proof of address, thats employed and owner drivers…

muckles:

Tris:

I don’t think particular crime is restricted only to Romanian and other East European drivers. :unamused:

Really? That’s very perceptive of you ■■■

More Ale:

Tonyshortstraw:

Oh dear that place has always had a dodgy rep, i do hope its nothing to with a big firm that operates from the southwest with brown trailers that operate out of that area !!

i worked with a few Polish guys in my previous job, and they all passed their driving test and got their Class 1 licences in the UK, when I asked them why didn’t they go to Poland, as it’s cheaper and from what I had heard easier to pass, they said it is cheaper, but very difficult to pass, it’s easier in here, so they preferred to spend more money and pass their tests in Blighty, as you have a better chance to pass it here on your first or second attempt then in Poland.

Make of it what you will