Poll - Is there a driver shortage?

As the title says, is there a driver shortage?

I’ve left out the option of ‘only a shortage of good drivers’ as I think that would muddy the general opinion…

There’s no shortage while there’s adverts stating ‘meets national minimum wage’

Shortage of skilled drivers. Plenty of steering wheel attendants.

Ps sorry for the predictable answer

It’s possible there may be specific areas where there’s a shortage of drivers, but assuming you’re asking about an overall UK wide shortage of drivers I’d have to say no.

There’s certainly no shortage of screwdrivers :wink:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mozza:

Usually in green red and white trucks also blue and white :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There must be a driver shortage, the agencies are always saying there is.
So it MUST be true. :unamused:

blue estate:

Mozza:

Usually in green red and white trucks also blue and white [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Bit racist, some of my best friends are stobart drivers haha

Cant pass comment on the UK, over here theres no overall shortage but of experienced drivers there definitely is…

Mozza:

blue estate:

Mozza:

Usually in green red and white trucks also blue and white [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Watch that Bridge !

Have a look

transportoperator.co.uk/2016/01/29/3568/

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

EddieMD:
Have a look

The official bs and rhetoric is kicked into touch, and the REAL version of events are revealed…finally.

blue estate:

Mozza:

blue estate:

Mozza:

Watch that Bridge !

What bridge

EddieMD:
Have a look

Could it in fact be the case that an oversupply of drivers has led to poor wages and conditions of employment, in turn making it deeply unattractive as an employment prospect?

Er, yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

No imo… plenty of drivers about. I just have to look at some adverts for permanent HGV jobs and see it saying ‘more than 30 people have already applied for this job’… but pay and conditions can affect the market… as well as how a company/ agency treats it’s drivers.

I imagine some people keep their entitlement, but go on to do other types of work which is less hassle and maybe keeping an eye out to see if the industry improves regards wages and conditions.

There is NO shortage of drivers whatsoever,the only shortage is drivers willing to work for firms that pay ■■■■ money…show me ONE firm that pays well that can’t get drivers!!

End of discussion,Admin lock this mutha thuka down :smiley:

andy_s:
No imo… plenty of drivers about. I just have to look at some adverts for permanent HGV jobs and see it saying ‘more than 30 people have already applied for this job’… but pay and conditions can affect the market… as well as how a company/ agency treats it’s drivers.

How many of those adverts state the wages? Most of the time they don’t mention the money so 30 apply and when they find out the money on offer how many want the job?

mrginge:

andy_s:

How many of those adverts state the wages? Most of the time they don’t mention the money so 30 apply and when they find out the money on offer how many want the job?

So long as one does…

No shortage of screwdrivers willing to work for twenty pence more than NMW :imp:

EddieMD:
Have a look

Thanks for posting that, a very concise and accurate assessment in my eyes!