In Crown Court on Monday

…as a wtness to a fat/ac. due to a Civil Servant being off work,i was almost forgotten about,and have only just received notification of my attendance. my TM isn’t certain of Company procedure on this subject at time of asking,but will pay me for the day anyway :slight_smile: anyone know how much i will be able to claim for if i have to attend Court more than one day?

i can’t post details of the accident on here,but some unfortunate was beheaded…a grisly scene :frowning:

gov.uk/going-to-court-victi … g-to-court

Any help? You wont be making a profit on the day. Ive never been a witness, but have done jury service in the past, so Id advise you to take a book, newspaper, crosswords etc. The Uk Justice System seems to grind along exceedingly slowly. I hope the scene you witnessed wont be too much of a problem in the future.

See if you can pick up some leaflets for Dozy.

Franglais:
Going to court to give evidence as a victim or witness: Expenses for going to court - GOV.UK

Any help? You wont be making a profit on the day. Ive never been a witness, but have done jury service in the past, so Id advise you to take a book, newspaper, crosswords etc. The Uk Justice System seems to grind along exceedingly slowly. I hope the scene you witnessed wont be too much of a problem in the future.

£67 per day :astonished: :frowning: hopefully back at work tuesday then ffs

thanks for that Franglais.

Whilst doing Jury Service I found the Court Ushers very helpful. They realise most of us are strangers to the system and will be helpful about expenses, claim forms, car parking (or lack of) etc. If youre a witness in a criminal case then it can be cancelled, delayed, put back, etc etc multiple times. Hopefully youll do your bit and get out quickly, but maybe not.

eagerbeaver:

:laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

I’d have though a map to the cells would be more appropriate :laughing:

I’ve never witnessed a serious accident, and for £67/day I hope I never will. Have been noted as a witness to a rear end shunt once. I never gave my name, someone took my reg’ and passed it on. I never even got out of my cab to join the roadside discussions that so many nosy do gooders take part in. Got several letters from various bodies asking me to give statements but I refused to get involved (employer not too happy as they thought it showed them in a bad light).

id think in most rta cases its always better to be like sargent shultz…
in any other cases…its definately healthier depending on who the defendant is…

images.jpg

carryfast-yeti:

Franglais:
Going to court to give evidence as a victim or witness: Expenses for going to court - GOV.UK

£67 per day :astonished: :frowning: hopefully back at work tuesday then ffs

thanks for that Franglais.

That’s bloody shocking :open_mouth: :exclamation:

waste of a day…didn’t get called in to give my evidence…back in tomorrow for another £67 :frowning:

carryfast-yeti:
waste of a day…didn’t get called in to give my evidence…back in tomorrow for another £67 :frowning:

What are they wearing in court , Mrs has said I’ve got too wear suit / tie , but I was thinking a bit more casual

peirre:

eagerbeaver:

Better not be , I’m working o/t this sat :unamused: ( instructions from the Mrs ) too pay her part of the fine , I’ll be ■■■■■■ off if I’ve worked sat for nothing :smiling_imp:

dozy:

peirre:

eagerbeaver:

Better not be , I’m working o/t this sat :unamused: ( instructions from the Mrs ) too pay her part of the fine , I’ll be ■■■■■■ off if I’ve worked sat for nothing :smiling_imp:

The change in the law about your weekly wage being taken into consideration will happen on the 24th April '17

dozy:

carryfast-yeti:

What are they wearing in court , Mrs has said I’ve got too wear suit / tie , but I was thinking a bit more casual

If I was you your old stobrat uniform
The judge will deffo take pity youth :sunglasses:

dozy:

carryfast-yeti:

I saw someone wear a football shirt to court. Magistrate asked him if he was taking the ■■■■ (not in those words mind).

dozy:

carryfast-yeti:

Listen to your mrs and go with the suit - I reckon any thing less than the full suit will be a big thumbs down with some, especially the older generation. Take plenty of good manners and contrition along with you as well. - especially if you are up in front of a jury?

dozy:

carryfast-yeti:

I think a black and white striped onesie or one with arrows. Actually no not the arrows you’ll get lost trying to follow them.

dozy:

You really do believe your own bull ■■■■, don’t you?

well that’s that out the way,for me anyway.the Witness Support staff are really good,telling us what was going on in the Courtroom,helping with the expenses form,making cups of tea :slight_smile: etc.
bit nerve-racking being grilled in the Witness box,at least i wasn’t in the Glass Case tho’ ! Judge told me to keep quiet about the case until they inform me of the outcome.
as for dress…no dress code really,but the smarter you look the better.myself and the other witness,a fellow truck driver,both wore smart trousers/jacket/shirt.don’t want to let the profession down :sunglasses: