Actros MP4 Quirks

Anyone know how to stop the Instrument Lighting defaulting to 10% after the ignition has been off for a while. I like to have it at 100% but no matter how many times you change it it reverts back to 10%. Not all trucks do it. I change every week but just recently every truck Ive had has done it.

Another problem some have is not being able to store radio stations in the 6 preset buttons. As above, this seems to be random.

Or is there something I’ve missed.

Or are Mercs just crap.

If you scroll to the lighting menu with the lights on theres an option to set the dash brightness

Lot’s of quirks on these machines. I like it when you go to pull out at a roundabout and nothing happens. And why do so many knob heads manage to snap the 12v and 24v covers off?

bjd:
If you scroll to the lighting menu with the lights on theres an option to set the dash brightness

^^^^^ which is how I set mine. I’ve only had to go back in and reset it when another driver has adjusted it. Not teaching you to ■■■■ eggs Terry but you are aware that engaging reverse dims the dash lights aren’t you? Sounds silly, but thought that maybe you were only noticing how dim they were when you were reversing.

Yeah, I’m aware reverse temporarily dims the dash lights. My problem is the dash stays permanently dimmed after leaving the ignition off for longer than a few minutes. I know how to set it to 100% in the computer but on some trucks it reverts back to 10% no matter what I do or how many times I set to to 100%.

I’ve seen others on here complaining about it but it’s never bothered me that much as I’ve not come across it much but just recently it’s been every truck. Not all trucks do it.