Is this one of the worst

waiting areas for a driver?. A mate of mine had to endure sitting here whilst tipping and he wasn’t happy, so if you go to Unilever then expect yourselves to wait while being unloaded in all ■■■■ weathers in here and the little black box on the wall is a heater its supposed to keep you warm …looks more like an holding cell.

Jesus that looks grim! Not even a table for your sarnies.

Jesus wept, did they expect him to baa moo grunt or neigh, you keep animals in a pen like that whilst you get the vet to administer something.
No pack of arm length rubber gloves about is there, if there is hopefully there’s a large tub of summat slippery too. :open_mouth:

Seriously is this what you blokes that have to go these crap holes have to put up with?
please name and shame, oh you did, unilever.

It resembles a cattle pen…

Unilever, a company that makes billions in profit each year.

I suggest you send the photos and a description to head office. No harm in trying is there?

Unilever House
100 Victoria Embankment
London EC4Y 0DY
United Kingdom

Do they have a warehouse manager a or a comordant and guards with dogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally id refuse the humiliation, id sit in my truck whether they liked it or not…

+1

I love the sticker on the back off the chair (comfort)…think someone taking the ■■■■ when they stuck that on :smiley: :smiley:

Here’s an idea.

Why don’t we have a day of saying NO?

NO I will not hand in my keys, I will drop the trailer while you unload it.

NO I will not sit in your holding cell but I will drop the trailer on the bay and park my unit in the waiting area.

NO I will not stand in a cattle pen but I will gladly sit in your canteen with a hot drink.

I designate March 14th to say no. It coincides with steak and a ■■■■■■■■ day so you have a nice treat for being a real man.

I do say no. No I’m not doing any jobs that involves going to any RDC. I’ll stick with the building sites for now. I can unload myself and be out of most sites in half an hour. If I never see the inside of a holding pen again it will be too soon!

I’d get myself banned ASAP! :imp:

The thing is they’ve obviously spent a few hundred quid to set up this “holding pen” (Bright yellow Armco, entry/exit gate and that heater). They wouldn’t get away with treating criminals like this, their own warehouse workers wouldn’t stand for it and I’m sucking well certain none of the Unilever bosses would allow their family members to be treated like this if they had to wait at any commercial premises. So why is it apparently OK for drivers to be treated this way? (that’s a rhetorical question, BTW)

Which Unilever? Purfleet and Donny let you sit in the cab.

Why not just apply a law that is designed specifically for these outfits?

The Human Rights Act is a UK law passed in 1998. It means that you can defend your rights in the UK courts and that public organisations (including the Government, the Police and local councils) must treat everyone equally, with fairness, dignity and respect

Heater or not, I’d be refusing to sit outside

Absolutely disgusting how can this be allowed…I would of sat in my cab an told the WM to [zb] off im not sitting in that pig pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the ■■■■’s carried out risk assessments and implemented strategies this would be what it would look like… minus the chairs.

Honked:
Here’s an idea.

Why don’t we have a day of saying NO?

NO I will not hand in my keys, I will drop the trailer while you unload it.

NO I will not sit in your holding cell but I will drop the trailer on the bay and park my unit in the waiting area.

NO I will not stand in a cattle pen but I will gladly sit in your canteen with a hot drink.

This is what you all need to do in the UK with these RDC’s, but…it would take everyone to stick together on it, there;ll always be the ones who dont want to upset the applecart as such though and just go along with it… :unamused:

More fool the idiots who sit there.

As others have said, simply say no and grow a pair. :imp:

Like many people on this board I’ve seen some pretty awful waiting areas in my time, but that’s disgraceful and disrespectful to the drivers who are expected to wait there :frowning: