Hacker

RHA director of policy Jack Semple says tachograph falsification, particularly among overseas drivers, is
a concern and tougher sanctions need to be put in
place to deter drivers and operators from offending. He says it should carry a much heavier fine, and the operators involved should have their trucks detained. “There is a clear problem among non-UK operators and falsification is by far the most serious [offence],” he adds.

The news media seems to suggest that the Republicans struck a deal with the Russians, “…use your cyber system to win the election for us and we will remove your trade sanctions”

Are our computerised systems (digitachos etc) immune from intrusion?

Nothing is immune. They’ll be operators out there asking computer whizz kids if they know of a way probably offering them big money if they can find a way. Trouble is the digital tachograph is a 3 part fortress. 1) The sealed head unit where the seal also has sensors that if broken leave a permanent record. 2) The encrypted driver card. 3) Good old fashioned analysis and vosa investigations, times, odo readings etc they don’t miss a trick. To get past all 3 problems you’d need to be a genius. Yeah maybe someone out there has devised a system to hide certain actions it wouldn’t surprise me.

The next generation of head units that will meet the forthcoming EU regs are to be remotely accessible by law enforcement agencies, if plod can sit at the side of the road and remotely check on overspeeding, axlewieghts, rest periods etc then how secure will the software be to others hacking the device.

Also, some trucks now continuously communicate with the manufactures who can remotely tweek enginge management systems - so how long before a hacker remotely takes control ?
wired.com/2015/07/hackers-r … p-highway/

That’s it. I’ll ask my boss to put the old ERF that sits in 't corner of 't yard through its mot…

Optimum:
The news media seems to suggest that the Republicans struck a deal with the Russians, “…use your cyber system to win the election for us and we will remove your trade sanctions”

Oh well slipped in.

The mainstream media has become as discredited as tony blair and the clintons it so worships at the altars of, if the BBC C4 CNN or any news rag (any of which i haven’t bought for 30 years) told me it was daylight outside i’d have to go outside and check.

Wow…

Fake news, someone doesn’t like me on my Fakebook page (I don’t have one), a Trump tweet, Mars attacks, Piers Morgan got his ■■■■ kicked by JK Rowling etc.

Some of us don’t believe everything we see in print, typeface or hieroglyphs.

Juddian’s correct.

Juddian is spot on.Surely no one believes a single word written or spoken by mainstream media nor have they for several years past.

Dafproblems:
Nothing is immune. They’ll be operators out there asking computer whizz kids if they know of a way probably offering them big money if they can find a way. Trouble is the digital tachograph is a 3 part fortress. 1) The sealed head unit where the seal also has sensors that if broken leave a permanent record. 2) The encrypted driver card. 3) Good old fashioned analysis and vosa investigations, times, odo readings etc they don’t miss a trick. To get past all 3 problems you’d need to be a genius. Yeah maybe someone out there has devised a system to hide certain actions it wouldn’t surprise me.

Software is already out there, encrypted with and impossible to detect. It covers every avenue of analysis,consists of 10 numbers and 52 letters (upper and lower case) ie tens of millions to one to decipher, the ‘genius’s’ have already succeeded. As an example, tacho can be made to record a max 90kph while the limiters at 100kph…

you forgot to mention the green eyed monster or stool pideon

next generation tacho head will be able to comunicate with roadside enforcement,but will only tell them if you are breaking the law at that moment,then you will get a pull

wallaceschool.co.uk/blog/Wha … le_Driving

Juddian:

Optimum:

Oh well slipped in.

The mainstream media has become as discredited as tony blair and the clintons it so worships at the altars of, if the BBC C4 CNN or any news rag (any of which i haven’t bought for 30 years) told me it was daylight outside i’d have to go outside and check.

Couldn’t have put it better myself, well said.

here here